Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• lanippa -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) OMV 4.x - Plex - Agent Hama and Scanner Absolute Serie Scanner, how to?.

Thread
    Hi guys, Linux noob here. Brand new installation of OMV 4, on this new homemade nas. Everything went smooth. Following web guides I was able to create share, upload my video collection, install Plex using OMV-Extras, run it, so far so good. Now I need…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

I till run my OMV3 with NC 12.XXX and I want to upgrade to NC 13, but in the updater I get - Check for expected files - The following extra files have been found: - .well-known from letsencrypt I guess. Up to now, I moved .well-known to another folder…
  • Darkenor -

Replied to the thread Cannot add new disk to RAID 6 - "Device or resource busy".

@admins - sorry for double post. I received a strange error when posting...but I didn't save it. :(
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

Iscsitarget (the software) is not maintained anymore. Their dkms simply not work with kernels 4.x. The iscsi plugin has to find a new base core software which might be LIO possibly. This has been answered several times in the forum. About lvm I don’t…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Enabling services webgui to user.

No. There is only one admin. However the framework allows to create plugins that allow non-admin users to access the parts of the plugin the developer wants. Cases are: - cups - OpenVPN This has been answered before. Not sure if is in the new wiki.…
  • dbell -

Replied to the thread Cannot login via any method.

Thanks @flmaxey, Unfortunately I was caught by my own laziness, kept meaning to clone the boot drive as a backup, never got to it. OMV had been working so nicely without intervention that I kept moving that lower on the priority list. As for…
  • gderf -

Quote from donh: “On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct? According to this bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1756 iscsi may…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Quote from geaves: “Rant mode on: /---/ Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla..... /---/ :) Rant off! ” (Just kidding. :D ) Without doubt, professionalism is becoming a rare commodity. Back in the day, things were done because they needed doing. Now, if "it doesn't…
  • donh -

On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct? According to this bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1756 iscsi may not be maintained…
  • rudis -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Don't worry about understanding tmpfs. If it is using a lot of memory, it will get pushed to swap if a process needs it. ” If one have disable the swap with swapoff -a and removed the partition in /etc/fstab? :/ :?:
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Your decision regarding skipping OMV 3.x and going straight to 4.x will depend on some factors. The first thing is available plugins. The list of what is available in 3.x got a lot shorter in 4.x. So if any must haves are missing in OMV 4.x you will…
  • KimDzongAxel -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Enabling services webgui to user.

Thread
    Hello, I'm quite new to OMV family, actually I'm in the deployment process of my first machine. I've looked on google and tried to look on forum, no luck with either approach. If my question was answered, please point me to solution and I'll delete this…
  • rudis -

Liked nielspauli’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin.

Like (Post)
    I have read through this post, and found the following: Quote from bobafetthotmail: “If you want to save that stuff regularly to disk, you need to set a chron job manually calling a "folder2ram -syncall", which syncs the contents of the ram folders to…
  • rudis -

Liked nielspauli’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin.

Like (Post)
    I'm building an OMV server using an SSD as boot/system drive. The SSD is an SLC industrial drive so it should be able to take lots of writes (although the exact number is not specified). So to keep unnecessary writes to a minimum, obviously, I want to…
  • 1needhelp -

Replied to the thread Plex Docker OMV 4.0 Arrakis.

Quote from flvinny521: “I prefer Docker for everything. But I am biased. See here. ” Thanks. As I thought so too. Anyway, i did follow your instruction to start with and using 4.0, i was stuck when running plex and I found out why. it was permission…
  • gderf -

Sometimes plugins that once were in omvextras.org are brought into core OMV. So if you are looking at omvextras.org for an LVM plugin, you won't find it - it's now a core capability - just enable the plugin. I don't know what's happening with iscsi…
  • bkeadle -

Excellent information. Thank you for your time in replying so fully. You're right - it's a VM, so I was just going to try. That prompted to post another question about the plugins in 2x that don't appear to exist in 3x. It's good to hear your honest…
  • bkeadle -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

Thread
    I'm wanting to upgrade my v2 (Stone Burner) to v3. I understand I need to verify that the plugins I use in v2 need to be available for v3 before proceeding. I'm surprised to see no iSCSI Target plugin or LVM2 plugin. A couple questions: 1) Is that to…
  • mkpd -

Liked WastlJ’s post in the thread Rsync two OMV machines.

Like (Post)
    Rsync two OMV machines Requirements - 2 OMV Servers running at least OMV 1.X Description This Guide will tell you how to Rsync two OMV machines. For example, 1 productive server, 1 backup server. After this guide you have identical content on both…
  • gderf -

As it has been said many, many times on this forum, there is no way to restore any OMV configuration onto a fresh install other than by configuring it all by hand from scratch. It is for this reason you should take copious notes about, and screenshots…