Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “Technically these are AP's, not routers, but I don't see why they need routing functionality. ” I don't want to cloud what has already been posted but there is a blog here explaining Ubiquiti AC Pro as a bridge, there is also some…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from kledder: “why do I get the feeling that installing a wireless NIC is something people want to talk me out of? ” Since useless? An OMV NAS is operated headless, you can place it anywhere you want so simply move it next to a switch, then…
  • raws99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100.

My /var/log/messages has a lot of those: Source Code (23 lines) and those: Source Code (32 lines)
  • kledder -

Quote from flmaxey: “There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless…
  • kledder -

Quote from flmaxey: “There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

union filesystem have problems to show files on plex. f you want to use plex, use RAID or ZFS pools.
  • old OMV mount shares on /media new OMV moun shares on /srv but I do not know how to change. other power users that read this post , perhaps can provide instructions of what files need to be edited to mount in correct path.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi alternative with Usb 3.

Quote from mxyz: “Libre AML-S905X-CC because of the usb 3 and increased ram ” Wrong choice, there's no USB3, no Gigabit Ethernet, amount of RAM is close to irrelevant for the NAS use case and the only advantage of the AML-S905X-CC over RPi is that…
  • senappa -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Problem with external USB Drive.

Like (Post)
    The label of the drive has a space, which is not supported with ntfs. Change the label from "My Passport" to "MyPassport" or something else without a space inside.
  • senappa -

Liked Ravi’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Unable to select mounted device from dropdown.

Like (Post)
    Confirmed. Volume label must be spaceless. It is simple to change it in Windows in "My computer" by clicking ones on external drive label. After that everything works.
  • chrbar -

Replied to the thread Turn on back my OMV 0.5.60... need advices to migrate to new server/release?.

Hi raulfg3, I've checked my old and new OMV server (I switch both system disk, between old and new, on the same server), and none of my own folders are inside /srv/ or /sharedfolders/. There is a "ftp" folder inside /srv/ on my old or new server, and an…
  • Tony Liberatto -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

Thread
    Hi. I am a new user for openmediavault. Having a weird issue with the shared Folders. I have read and followed these 3 guides: 1. Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced 2. OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy,
  • mxyz -

Posted the thread Raspberry Pi alternative with Usb 3.

Thread
    Hi, everyone. I recently built my first openmediavault server with a raspberry pi 3b. I then found out that I'm limited to 11mb/second LAN speed because of usb 2.0 and the network hardware sharing the usb bus. I'm looking into alternatives and I'm…
  • wcage03 -

Replied to the thread mdadm: only give one device per ARRAY line: /dev/md0 and metadata-1.2.

If anyone is curious, I found the error. In the ARRAY line in the mdadm.conf there was a typo.; "metadata-1.2" should be "metadata=1.2"... note the equal sign.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy...
  • flmaxey -

There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless router used as a "media…
  • themeatsweats -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount permissions issues.

Thread
    Good evening all. I'm in the process of migrating from a Synology docker host to an R710 with OMV (media will still reside on the Synology for now). No issues with getting it or Docker up and running, but I'm getting some permissions issues in a couple…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to…
  • KM0201 -

Liked Kai’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to long ago he's testing…
  • Kai -

Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to long ago he's testing…