Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Walster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

@ryecoaaron First of all, thank you for all the support you give out. Your time is valuable and I recognise the time you put in here. I ran the update Sunday evening and also ran into an issue with Docker losing all images and running containers. I can…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nefertiti: “Since it is not working for me is there a way to resolve it thru CLI? ” If the interfaces.d file is gone and /etc/network/interfaces is correct, then I don't know how to fix it. What does your…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Nefertiti: “Since it is not working for me is there a way to resolve it thru CLI? ” If the interfaces.d file is gone and /etc/network/interfaces is correct, then I don't know how to fix it. What does your /etc/network/interfaces look like?
  • Revers62 -

Replied to the thread slow SSD vs HDD.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I guess updating the kernel won't help since you are using the latest. ” Hi Ryecoaaron I just comeback with some information, Hdparm can use --offset look at that ! without offset : Source Code (4 lines) with an offset of…
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nefertiti: “How can I resolve this issue? I saw something about etc/NetPlan but I do not know if it can apply to OMV? ” Netplan is only on Ubuntu right now. So, this isn't the problem. For me, all I had to do…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

The OS partition should be at least 3 GB.
  • BC547 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

Hey Adoby, thank you for the info. I expanded the second partition by first logging in over ssh as root and then checking the partitions through 'parted -l' I searched for the SD-card which I identified by its size and then looked at the size of the two…
  • BC547 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

Like (Post)
    There are two partitions on the card. A small /boot partition that is around 55 MB. That is fine. There should also be a root filesystem partition that is at least a few GB in size. If you install using a SD-card > 8GB then during the install process…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Nefertiti: “How can I resolve this issue? I saw something about etc/NetPlan but I do not know if it can apply to OMV? ” Netplan is only on Ubuntu right now. So, this isn't the problem. For me, all I had to do was remove the interfaces.d…
  • Nefertiti -

How can I resolve this issue? I saw something about etc/NetPlan but I do not know if it can apply to OMV?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “Have you had any issues regarding Pi-Hole? ” Actually, the only issue I had recently was the loss of historic data. I shut down my server for a week and on a restart, for some reason, the old data wasn't there. (That was a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

Like (Post)
    I found this simple guide docs.pi-hole.net/guides/unbound/ and am now running my own resolver on the pi-hole VM. Seems to work awesome.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

That's useful. Given the DNS shenanigans going on with ISP's and others, that's worth giving it a try. (And I think waiting 1 whole second, for a first time resolve process, is well worth the wait.)
  • flmaxey -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

Like (Post)
    I found this simple guide docs.pi-hole.net/guides/unbound/ and am now running my own resolver on the pi-hole VM. Seems to work awesome.
  • mlevistm -

Replied to the thread Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards.

Hello, Is the Espressobin v7 supported or will it be supported? Thanks
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker run error with this message when OMV restart.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error message when adding a repo.

Quote from Nixda: “Any hints? ” You need to update to the latest omv-extras. I just fixed this in a release a couple days ago.
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread You've heard it before -- "...I'm building a NAS...I need...".

Quote from GeekGrrl: “you mentioned openvpn, assuming you mean as a client. you could run it on the NAS but then only the nas will connect to the vpn (nothing wrong with this), it's a pain to find the info and since I just have set up a connection to…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread dnsmasq - Can't get DHCP to work and can't look up local DNS.

Ok lets enable the settings in General and DHCP, if your clients are set as 1 week in your router this won't be a problem need the output from service dnsmasq status and cat /etc/dnsmasq.d/omv.conf The fact that they are timed out could a network…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install trakt plugin for plex.