Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

Quote from calvin940: “I don't know what the process is when they perform a refurb and whether or not they would reset those values. ” Well, resetting this parameter would almost be evil since this can be considered some sort of a health indicator…
  • piet -

Replied to the thread error #4000 when update OMV (after outage).

// Ok for GRUB problem. Here is the solution to fix the GRUB entry gparted.org/display-doc.php?na…ted-fix-grub-boot-problem Be carefull to use the gparted live cd 64 bits if you use OMV 64 bits. And use grub-install and not grub2-install // And for the…
  • calvin940 -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from calvin940: “sprunge.us/EdgM ” All fine except your boot disk which is IMO the next failure candidate (check SMART attribute 193, be aware that specs talk about 600,000 and do a web search for 'wdd lcc…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x config.xml - sharedfolderref.

Quote from dojrude: “how do I identify them? ” Like I said, the uuid source of the sharedfolderef is in the mntent section. Quote from dojrude: “Kind of defeats the update process if it breaks everything that references a sharedfolderref from the…
  • maca134 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Plex plugin installation fails.

Quote from dasein: “Quote from zllibengood: “This also worked for me with not doing step 5 and just reinstalling through the web gui ” Quote from cahooa: “Ok so I was able to fix this. I uninstalled Plex through the OMV plug in manager. Then…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from calvin940: “sprunge.us/EdgM ” All fine except your boot disk which is IMO the next failure candidate (check SMART attribute 193, be aware that specs talk about 600,000 and do a web search for 'wdd lcc problem').
  • filledk -

Posted the thread OMV Web Service/gui not starting....

Thread
    hello all, i have a OMV erasmus running, and i have been running into all kinds of problems with it, first the /etc/pam.d somehow became empty (i fixed that by copying the dir from a freshly installed OMV running in VMware) then it somehow had used all…
  • dojrude -

So am I to understand that there is no way to identify the sharedfolderref's in the upgraded version? They may be randomly generated, but how do I identify them? Kind of defeats the update process if it breaks everything that references a…
  • calvin940 -

@Dropkick Murphy I was thinking about this too, but I can't imagine that sdb is any different than all the other drives in terms of state. It wouldn't make sense to me so I suspect even if I excluded sdb, I'd then get the same error on sdc when trying…
  • piet -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0.

Like (Post)
    Please please please read the forum first. There are thousands of answers related to this question. To fix the UI issue simply clear your browser cache.
  • piet -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0.

Like (Post)
    Quote from piet: “F5 didn't work. It must be a real clean cache. ” Try ctrl-shift-R
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?.

Quote from HotBlack: “I can't seem to find any guides ” omv-release-upgrade is all you need. Just remember to backup your system before upgrading. It is moving from Debian 8.x to Debian 9.x. Not all upgrading issues are OMV-related. But, it seems…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0.

Quote from piet: “F5 didn't work. It must be a real clean cache. ” Try ctrl-shift-R
  • Bleckman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Mounting Errors.

update: i updated Plex and the other things, the lag is gone, the videos play with no stuttering, I'm scared to update back to 3 or 4, because it works great. any way.. it just works.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from dojrude: “Is there a reason why omv-extrasorg didn't update during the upgrade process? ” The upgrade between 2.x and 3.x is a pain (the two versions are VERY different and the OS is a full upgrade). Lots of plugins don't upgrade…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “I'm a bit surprised that no one asked for logs or at least a quick check for cabling/connectiviy problems. ” So, add it to the ever-growing list of things people should provide when their array is missing/degraded - Degraded or
  • tkaiser -

Quote from calvin940: “What other information can I provide? ” Log file excerpts aren't useful since filtered. And full SMART info for one drive is also somewhat useless when it's about checking all disks :) I already posted two commands above and the…
  • HotBlack -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?.

Thread
    I am think of moving from 3.0.88 to 4, mostly due to wanting to run some things that require moving to Debain 9. I can't seem to find any guides and only one forum post noting issues when upgrading. My my main concern is loosing data in a large 24 disk…
  • votdev -

What do you mean with sharedfolderref's are invalid? The shared folder configuration is not touched by the update.
  • calvin940 -

Also took an excerpt from the initial Syslog from the first startup after changing the controller: Source Code (81 lines)I am not exactly sure how to read it through nor do I see (for me) any obvious issue. What other information can I provide? Thanks…