Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) openmediavault-letsencrypt.

Quote from krutojmax: “Using the webroot path / for all unmatched domains. ” This is wrong. Did you add any domains and their correct web root (hint - webroot will not be / )?
  • krutojmax -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) openmediavault-letsencrypt.

I have problems to generate my certificate. Source Code (13 lines)With the olde version I have no problems but with the new one i can't generate a cert. What can I do / test? :)
  • Joe_PS -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Like (Post)
    Since powering off forces a (dirty) unmount and powering on, after OMV is running, requires a mount: You might want to look at this thread. Here's an external link to installing usbmount on the command line. It includes a few lines on the filesystems…
  • Joe_PS -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Joe_PS: “But I'd like to learn how 'tolerant' OMV (based on armbian) is, if the HDD is powered off. ” You might experience filesystem corruption which is something I would try to avoid at all. Few facts: - OPi Zero Plus has 4 fully…
  • dieter12 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x.

• flmaxey -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Joe_PS: “But I'd like to learn how 'tolerant' OMV (based on armbian) is, if the HDD is powered off. ” You might experience filesystem corruption which is something I would try to avoid at all. Few facts: - OPi Zero Plus has 4 fully…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

• jaydee99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Poor NFS performance.

Had exactly the same problem when accessing OMV4 NFS shares from OSX clients, very slow read/writes, that's why i came back to OMV3...
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Turn off the HDD power (to turn off only the HDD)? Better not?.

Since powering off forces a (dirty) unmount and powering on, after OMV is running, requires a mount: You might want to look at this thread. Here's an external link to installing usbmount on the command line. It includes a few lines on the filesystems…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Problem with installing OMV 3.x on Armbian (BananaPi M1).

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “simply choose the right image and you're done. ” I can never remember which versions of the BPi work with which images unless their names match. ” No worries. These Bananas are named so stupidly. I…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Cloud backup/storage solution for my OMV drive.

Backblaze B2 (the B2 is the important part; e.g. Duplicati is able to backup to B2) pCloud (possible to backup using WebDAV)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x.

You can't. You will need to install Debian 9 32 bit and then install OMV 4.x on top of that. There is a guide on the forum for how to do the second part.
  • dieter12 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x.

Thread
    Where can I download a OMV 4.x 32-Bit image ? Thanks Dieter
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) [Newbie] Remote Mount Plugin: How to mount an HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490?.

Quote from Joe_PS: “Is it possible to install only the missing nls_utf8.ko module? ” You need to compile a new kernel or ask armbian to include it in the default config. I don't have any armhf boxes powered up at the moment but I am guessing it…
  • Yea man you were correct! I've mistakenly synced the folders into the OS SSD (which is seperare and only 24GB) instead of my 500GB HDD. As a result the SSD was blown and out of storage. I deleted those files from the SSD and that solved the…
  • Sunday -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Nginx module (openmediavault-nginx 4.0.1) not running properly.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why would you reinstall everything? 4.0.2 reverted the changes. ” Will trying to fix this it, I totally screwed up my system. ;)
  • Joe_PS -

Quote from stratege1401: “black tape solution in case ... ” Yes, some kind of ;) Just to learn and play. Using the OPI0+ with HDD as a music server (miniDLNA) for streaming flac files to my AV receiver. So, no big damage in case ... But I'd like to learn…
  • perler -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved avahi-daemon necessary?.

thanks, it's not a dependency problem but a port conflict, but anyway..
  • stratege1401 -

• stratege1401 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved avahi-daemon necessary?.

The Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon implements Apple's Zeroconf architecture (also known as "Rendezvous" or "Bonjour"). So if you dont need any network discovery or nfs share i can"t see why not. but concerning dependency between package, diseabling a service…