Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scriptcore -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting.

the fact of the matter is that the ssd disk is new, and usb is also new overwritten a couple of times
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Downloads not working for torrents.

I don't use Sonarr to its fullest capabilities so I can't offer any hints. I only have it set up to push the torrents it finds to a seedbox in Europe and I have to manually download the files from there into the directories I want them stored in.
  • itsmyst -

Oh my god it FINALLY WORKS! I had to go feed my kids and when I came back the couple of episodes that were queued were finished downloading! Amazing! I think the key was Quote from gderf: “In Deluge | Downloads section you have Download To: set to a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from macom: “That is what I did In a VM ” For testing, I think it is fine but I would want Volker to change his guide to do this :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

Quote from Rickboy333: “But these commands will just make the floppy read or write on the fileserver itself right? What I really want is to put the floppy inside a drive and than go to my modern PC and open de floppy drive just like how I can open a…
  • tobefond -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “In the meantime the cute RK3399 based NanoPi NEO4 is available: friendlyarm.com/index.php?rout…ct&path=69&product_id=241 (please be aware that the low price is somewhat misleading since you need heatsink, the USB-C cable, PSU and…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “unless you put trusted in the repo line but that is bad idea ” That is what I did :rolleyes: In a VM
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox VNC Issue.

Quote from marcsgirall: “Oh nice, thanks. So if I understand correctly I upload those packages to the plugin installer after having removed the existing virtualbox install? ” No. Login as root wget
  • roison -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Migrating storage drive (newbie).

Thread
    Somewhat of a noob here,I have had OMV up and running for a while now and finally filled my storage drive. Now i have a larger replacement formatted and mounted i want to migrate my shared folders over. What is the best way to copy / migrate to a larger…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Quote from MickBurke: “The raid is a RAID 5 array controlled by the dell LSI raid controller, so OMV sees it all as one drive, so I don't know which drive has the bad blocks, which is why I was hoping to scan and repair it if that was possible. I guess…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting.

This could either be the SSD or the USB, can you try an install from CD, if not I would suggest testing both the SSD and USB to check their integrity.
  • Scriptcore -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting.

Thread
    Hi all! I hawe a problem whit omv 4.1.3 I try to install from an iso image that is recorded on usb drive I install on ssd connected through sata constantly freezes in the same place on Partition formatting and hold on 33% and thats it! nothing else…
  • MickBurke -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

The system is an old dell Poweredge 840, OMV4 doesn't work on it. The raid is a RAID 5 array controlled by the dell LSI raid controller, so OMV sees it all as one drive, so I don't know which drive has the bad blocks, which is why I was hoping to scan…
  • gderf -

In your docker settings under Volumes and bind mounts you have this which uses an OMV defined shared folder: Host path = /sharedfolders/Downloads I would have it this way using the actual absolute path: Host path =…
  • itsmyst -

Quote from gderf: “What hardware platform are you running on and which deluge docker are you using? ” I'm running this on an intel i5-750 socket LGA 1156 with a p55 motherboard (my old computer). I'm using linuxserver|deluge. Actually all of the…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

I don't want to get at cross purposes, there is a difference between 'seeing' the available shares and accessing them, using File Explorer -> Network then in the address bar highlight network and enter \\ip address of omv (the \\ is important and must be…
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Oggl, oggl ?( ... I understand maybe 33,79 % of your Text ... is your only point, that i've chosen the wrong power unit? Pls, be so kind show me the right one! No sarkassm, im not an Electrical engineer! Or is it consuming 0,1 watts too much? But in my…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

System backup: Clone USB thumb drive with OMV system to a spare USB thumb drive and to image stored on HDD. Scenario: USB thumb drive catastrophic failure. Corrective measure: Replace USB thumb drive with backup thumb drive. Reboot. Carry…
  • carriba -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

Yes, this is correct. Either using the IP address or the host name to access the OMV4 server does not work for Windows 10 Enterprise and for Windows 10 Professional. I'm just getting a pop-up window asking for authorisation, however with the right user…
  • marcsgirall -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox VNC Issue.

Oh nice, thanks. So if I understand correctly I upload those packages to the plugin installer after having removed the existing virtualbox install?