Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrYoshiii -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x /var/log recovery.

Thread
    Hi guys, foolishly i deleted the /var/log contend... now i have some problems with my omv. hopefully someone can help me.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Passive mode behind a NAT router returning an internal IP address FTP.

It doesn't matter what encryption you use for ftp, it's still ftp and uses a separate data port and a separate control port. See: ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ftp_and_firewalls.html
  • danieliod -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Accidentally removed Openmediavault - Need to restore.

Thank you. The first part was executed and finished. I ran the omv-first aid and select the WebGUI configuration and recieved: Source Code (1 line) I reboot the server and cleaned cache in browser and tried to login but still error: Source Code (25…
  • Inplexx -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x DynDNS erstellen, dynDNS activated.

Thread
    Hallo an alle. Ich benötige eure hilfe. Habe mir den Homeserver aufgesetzt, und jetzt möchte ich DynDNS einrichten. Ich bekomme es nicht hin . Kann mir irgendwer helfen bitte? Ich verzweifle schon daran. Hello everyone. I need your help. I have the…
  • jopenmv -

Replied to the thread Passive mode behind a NAT router returning an internal IP address FTP.

At the moment I m just using ftptest.net to check the connection. I should add I am using stps ssl Explicit
  • gderf -

If both the server and client are behind NAT routers, what you are experiencing is a very common problem, regardless of whether the ftp mode is set active or passive. Many routers have an ftp proxy that can be enabled to solve the problem. If you want a…
  • jopenmv -

Posted the thread Passive mode behind a NAT router returning an internal IP address FTP.

Thread
    I cannot access my share outside my home network i have forwarded all the correct ports configured ftp settings in OMV correct but when a client outside the network tried to connect i get unroutable as it is returning its local ip address rather than its…
  • Beo666 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) After update to 4.x "A start job is running for...".

• Blebbens -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Expanding RAID5.

Yes, I was using sudo... At the moment this is what happens: dadm: /dev/md0 is performing resync/recovery and cannot be reshaped Does this mean RAID5 is using the 4th HDD for increasing the usable size? The web GUI is telling me the RAID is clean and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UrBackup Plugin not installing in version 3.0.89.

Quote from Jaime: “I had no idea that would install the desktop. ” It doesn't. It installs a few desktop components but not the number or even the same installed on your system. thunar the xfce file manager for example. If you didn't install the…
  • Jaime -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UrBackup Plugin not installing in version 3.0.89.

In that case, I did. had installed virtualbox, I had no idea that would install the desktop. I did uninstall virtualbox though, so I'm not using it. As for the log, this is what I got.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Expanding RAID5.

did you type sudo mdadm --grow /dev/md0 --raid-devices=4? after that you need to enter the password for the user you are using. if this is also not working, what is the output of sudo dpkg -l | grep mdadm?
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.2.13 installation messed up.

Quote from bergerking: “After installation I connect the disks again? ” Right. After installation shut down the NAS, disconnect from the power supply, connect the disks and start OMV. The RAID 0 should be autodetected during start up. In OMV GUI you…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Accidentally removed Openmediavault - Need to restore.

Hi omv-initsystem and omv-firstaid and configure web GUI.
  • ToKind -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working.

After a restart I was able to reach the WebGUI with my password!! 8o But all my services/plugins are gone. All of them have the "rc" status. Autoshutdown, MySQL, etc. Is there a way to restore MySQL plugin? Should I reinstall the plugins as I did with…
  • darkarn -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSD Cache (bcache) for OpenMediaVault?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from darkarn: “I wonder what exact enterprise-grade stuff will I need to get such performance lol... ” Well, the following is made with toy-grade hardware (a dual core ARM SoC with a consumer grade M.2 SSD connected to one of
  • Django43 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

@ryecoaaron @br41n SUPER. It´s running. THANKs A LOT for your support. You saved me a lot of time and work. I see all my data. Also I can work with the app on my mobile phone. So I can say. Nextcloud is runnimg with OMV 4. Django43
  • br41n -

Like @ryecoaaron posted you need php7.0-zip, i forgot to list that one as needed. After that you should be able to login
  • ToKind -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working.

Thank you ryecoaaron. I ran the command and 152 packages were installed. In between an interface came up, where I had ti choose between two different FTP setups. I picked the upper one for rare FTP usage. Afterwards the following message was in between…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Django43: “Why my modules are "PHP-Module wurden installiert, werden aber als noch fehlend gelistet?". Where i have to list the modules. Maybe I make some mistakes. ” apt-get install php7.0-zip