Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Yes, you need to create a MySQL user for nextcloud. Either way is OK, cli or MySQL plugin. However I suggest to create a dedicated one especially for nextcloud and not to use a root user.
  • mezen -

Replied to the thread Remote Mount and WebDav (Strato).

Okay, I have no idea how to use this in combination with OMV.
  • ajaja -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?.

Like (Post)
    I wouldn't update 2.x to either version. I recommend doing a fresh install of OMV 4.x Your errors are happening because the system is not resolving DNS. Did you change a network setting?
  • Sero -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Hi guys, I installed the latest stable version of OMV. Nextcloud setup page access is right but after I fill the fields, I get an error: Quote from nextcloud: “Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread Rutorrent / XeroxMalf Help Opening Port.

You don't need to do anything with that file if everything works as you want it to right out of the box. However, if you prefer to tweak, you can just edit the rc file that was created. No need to make a new one.
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread Plex Docker OMV 4.0 Arrakis.

Quote from 1needhelp: “ Thanks flvinny. I am a plex pass subscriber, and I'm not sure I understood fully when you said " assuming you've logged into the plex server web UI at least once. Are you saying that I should login to serverIP:32400/web/index.html
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Quote from gderf: “You can always attempt to make this change yourself manually as documented on the Plex.tv forums: forums.plex.tv/discussion/277724/moving-pms-library#latest ” I have attempted moving Plex's metadata (Library) directory on systemd…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?.

I wouldn't update 2.x to either version. I recommend doing a fresh install of OMV 4.x Your errors are happening because the system is not resolving DNS. Did you change a network setting?
  • jefftr -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Plex and Live TV and DVR.

Thread
    Trying to set up TV and recordings in Plex. Installed in Docker, web GUI is working, I have (I think) all the needed port forwarding and the like. When I'm trying to set up DVR I can see the HDHomeRun, scan the channels but when I get to adding a TV…
  • strike -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Resolved OMV Installation zerschossen.

Hallo, Ein beherztes apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault hat geholfen Gruß, strike
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) MySQL no root access.

If that won't work, open a cli and type as root Source Code (1 line) here you'll see the password for the debian-sys-maint user and its clear password. These login credentials you can use in such emergency cases.
  • strike -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Resolved OMV Installation zerschossen.

Thread
    Hallo, Ich kann das WI nicht mehr erreichen -> 403 Forbidden Über ssh komme ich noch drauf. Da scheint aber einiges zu fehlen. omv-firstaid: Kommando nicht gefunden. dpkg -l | grep openm (Hidden Content) Gruß strike
  • salopette -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved Laufwerk wird bei der Freigabe nicht angezeit.

Danke, habe die Platte umbenannt, jetzt ging es!
  • Stramm -

??? Does it work now with omvadmin as root user? The screenshot above was just to illustrrate where the info is from.
  • willri -

Posted the thread OMV 2.x Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?.

Thread
    Hello - back again after a while. I use OMV 2.x2.14 now and then for testing with very small data drives. All runs stable ! Now I bought some big drives and want a recommendation : 1. Should I update to OMV 3.XY now. What are the advantages beside the…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Webgui destroyed after some modifications in etc/nginx.

Quote from zessi001: “i tried some omv commands and omv-mkwebjs Returns the following. ” This command is useless and not used by OMV. I should remove it from.
  • riff-raff -

That is exactly what I did. Without management site, login attempts would not be possilble through GUI anyway. (exception would be a separate phpmyadmin-install, which I do not use) Since I wanted to setup Nextcloud as native install on a fresh OMV4, I…
  • moreje -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) sFTP shares.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Changing shared folder names is always a tricky thing to deal with when other mount points are involved. Generally rebooting is the best thing to do to fix things.” Yes I suppose reboot should unmount ghost shares.. But now…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Autoshutdown and TVHeadend SleepScript wont work.

Quote from Huberer: “Would you be so kind and update the plugin with all the commits? ” Done.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) sFTP shares.

Quote from moreje: “my multiple access feature seems to be related to the fact that, after changing the shared folder from XXXX to YYYY, YYYY is mounted in /sft/user/YYYY but XXXX is not unmounted, and so , still reachable through sftp.... ” Changing…