Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jericho -

Replied to the thread Access to shutdown system for non admin users.

Quote from donh: “Make a batch file and put an icon on the desktop. google.com/search?q=batch+file…=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1 ” Not sure I can run this batch from a win 7 machine to the omv! I'll look into it, thanks!
  • jericho -

Liked donh’s post in the thread Access to shutdown system for non admin users.

Like (Post)
    Make a batch file and put an icon on the desktop. google.com/search?q=batch+file…=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
  • macom -

Liked donh’s post in the thread Access to shutdown system for non admin users.

Like (Post)
    Make a batch file and put an icon on the desktop. google.com/search?q=batch+file…=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Networki setup.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick
  • donh -

• Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from tkaiser: “Disclaimer: I'm a network and server guy and for me only protocols are an option where clients can directly open stuff on the server (requires locking) so no FTP used anywhere. If you use FTP then anything I wrote is irrelevant…
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from nghiacc: “After get OMV up and running on my HC1, I am unable to create a shared folder. The Device droplist does not show anything to pickup! Pls see attachment. Anyone has the same issue? ” In most cases, the problem lies between the…
  • Bloodwolf2004 -

Posted the thread Video per Hardware-Dekodieren.

Thread
    Hallo Liebe OMV-Gemeinde! Ich habe nun endlich aucvh ein eigenes NAS realisiert, dank OMV 3.0.99 (Erasus). Dieses läuft nun seit einigen wochen, ohne Probleme! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Auch das streamen von Videos und Musik klappt fast ohne problem... ?( ?( ?( Denn…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Best silent micro ATX case?.

Is there some reason you can't run a headless server and place it somewhere it can't be heard? Mine is in my gun safe.
  • Blabla -

Posted the thread Best silent micro ATX case?.

Thread
    Hi everyone!I'm looking for a case for my NAS.The most important thing is that has to be silent and has 6 HDD's slots.Other than that I want it to be small if possible since it's a nas/media server and I already have a micro ATX motherboard. I found 3…
  • An update regarding my SSD testing / problem I installed a pair of intel DC S3610 400gb units and they functioned as expected, whether being tested individually or together in raid 0 I then formatted and trimmed the Samsung 850 Pro SSD's using windows;…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x recommended10gb network card.

• tzinm -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tzinm: “Is there a better way to make backups? ” That seems like a decent backup plan. If you have tested it and it works, then I would say it works. Quote from tzinm: “If I have the backup file in a cloud storage, I have to download…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Quote from tzinm: “Is there a better way to make backups? ” That seems like a decent backup plan. If you have tested it and it works, then I would say it works. Quote from tzinm: “If I have the backup file in a cloud storage, I have to download…
  • tzinm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Here is a basic restore procedure using fsarchiver for the same hard drive but a change went bad: 1. Boot systemrescuecd - if you installed the iso from omv-extras, it will be in your grub menu. 2. Mount your data drive -…
  • vshaulsk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x recommended10gb network card.

I use both the ConnectX-2 and ConnectX-3 SFP+ single port 10G Nics I have also used a Chelsio dual port NIC This is in both OMV3 and OMV4 No issues with standard OMV install or function. However, if I run the dual Chelsio NIC and the Proxmox kernel
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Quote from sam_scade: “yes, i tried with nfs4 option, nfsvers=3 option and nfsvers=2 option ” So, you can't mount any nfs version on the OMV 1 or 2 system? I haven't look at either version in so long, I'm not sure what to tell you. I would install…
  • jericho -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from jericho: “Is there a way she can shutdown the whole system like admin user? ” Not from the web interface. add her user to the sudo group, login via putty/ssh, and use sudo shutdown -h now ” That was my second…