Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

Quote from bookie56: “I have added lots of partition backups and not done a scrub after adding each.... But I did find this command to get some idea of the problem... Source Code (2 lines)” I've found command lines to apply to dmesg, similar to…
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread ZFS device(s) not listed in devices dropdown.

To the plugin dev team... ;) Any Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from sbocquet: “Done several times ” I figured that was causing the problem. Thank you for confirming it. @subzero79 and I trying to come up with a good solution. ” Any good solution in…
  • Mr Smile -

Replied to the thread Is OMV 4.x stable?.

I already wrote this as comment in the news section but my comment is awaiting moderation and maybe other team members can answer my question. I really don’t want to push you [volker, omv team] but I’m a bit concerned about whats going on. Would you…
  • TOMillr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc.

Alright, I've done some more test but the outcome is still the same. The system just freezes instantly to a non-blinking cursor the second I select the usb drive from the UEFI boot menu. I've already tried both the regular Debian…
  • RobertR728 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Move large folders to Samba share.

Thread
    Hi again. In learning OMV but there are some things I can't find an answer to. So another question I have is what's the best method to move large folders to and from smb shares? Something that would hopefully not throw weird errors like Windows file…
  • SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

I started over. Nothing I did would get rid of the Raid hooks, and since this is a new installation, it was easier to just start over with a fresh install of Debian 9. Now, I can't install OMV4. I follow the instructions here:
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc.

Quote from TOMillr: “ You mean installing the official Debian 9 netinst iso first? ” Yes
  • TOMillr -

Quote from RobertR728: “I would try Rufus it's a free program to make usb sticks bootable. If that don't work you might need to be sure your pc bios is set to boot from a usb drive. ” I've already tried using Rufus as well and I can manually select…
  • RobertR728 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SnapRaid and or Union file system?.

Thread
    Hi I'm debating on what to do with my OMV setup. I made a Raid5array with 6 8tb drive. It took forever to grow in the 6th drive. So in was wondering if I just use union file system only. And if that pool got broken are the files easily readable like…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread tmp.

What fails? /tmp is cleared on every reboot. If your system has very low ram, this would be a problem since tmpfs defaults to half the system ram. 1GB of ram or more is recommended.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Openmediavault-remotedesktop.

Quote from macom: “Remotedesktop scheint nicht auf OMV 4.x zu funktionieren. ” I couldn't get it to work on Debian 9.x without OMV or the plugin installed. I haven't tried in a while but it seems like things are still the same.
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Quote from raulfg3: “I use MiniDLNA for years, and notice the same that you, some folders are empty on MiniDLA side, this normally is not a codec problem, is a permission/name of the file problem, please do this test: 1 - copy the files that you…
  • jericho -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    I use MiniDLNA for years, and notice the same that you, some folders are empty on MiniDLA side, this normally is not a codec problem, is a permission/name of the file problem, please do this test: 1 - copy the files that you can´t see on MiniDLNA on…
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Quote from sbocquet: “No problem. Give us a feedback ;) ” Greetings. I'm very happy with the setup. Plex is running great as service (I've install it through PuTTy), very low on resources, dlna cast great (thought my smart tv wasn't what I was…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Openmediavault-remotedesktop.

Hast du das gelesen? Quote from ryecoaaron: “The remotedesktop plugin doesn't work on OMV 4.x due to a bug in xrdp. ” Remotedesktop scheint nicht auf OMV 4.x zu funktionieren.
  • jericho -

Liked sbocquet’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    No problem. Give us a feedback ;)
  • Ch3fk0ch -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) OMV has no longer a network connection.

Thread
    Hallo, seit einigen Tagen habe ich extreme Probleme mit OMV. Ich habe manchmal keine Netzwerkverbindung und ich weiß nicht ob es Hardwareseitig ist oder an OMV liegt. Am Kabel leigt es nicht, dass habe ich mit so einem Kabeltester getestet. Würde mir…
  • cleimarcia -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.

Hallo zusammen, leider bekomme ich es nicht hin das Zertifikat zu erstellen. Folgende Fehlermeldung kommt (Hidden Content) Port 80 und 443 im Router sind offen. Meine DynDNS funktioniert nur über Port 443!!! Was kommt mir da in die Quere?…
  • edu23 -

Posted the thread tmp.

Thread
    I have the system installed on a 250 gb disk. But the / tmp is full at 100 mb and of course it fails. my fstab # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a # device; this may be used with…
  • sagatxxx -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x nginx wordpress.

Thread
    hello, how do I have to configure nginx plugin to install a wordpress in this way: xxxx.xxx/wordpress, I have only managed to do it through a port, but not in a way that port 80 or 443 is used thanks