Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Need to swap a dying disk in a RAID5.

The first thing I'd try to do, if you don't have it, is backup. ______________________________________________________________ What version of OMV are you running? (3 or 4?) Do you have space for a spare drive, or do you need to remove the dying disk…
  • budpad -

Replied to the thread Can't update repositories error.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Remove the backports line from /etc/apt/sources.list. It was improperly added to the arm images. ” Also getting the warnings... Is it save to remove backports, when using an Odroid HC2? Or do I sometimes have to put them…
  • iav -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from _John C: “Im using the Orange Pi Zero Plus and with your help Ive managed to switch Ethernet from GbE to Fast Ethernet (Thanks). ” Well, if you always want the OPi Zero Plus to operate at 100 MBits/sec then the normal OPi Zero might've…
  • thecheat001 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Need to swap a dying disk in a RAID5.

Thread
    I'm pretty overwhelmed here.... It was extremely easy to set up my RAID but it turns out one of the 4 drives is bad. Seems the GUI doesn't do much more than build RAIDs. I've been messing with various commands to remove the defective disk and replace it…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV keeps loosing write permissions after a couple hours..

There's two types of supported permissions: - Basic Linux permissions are based on Owner - Group - Others This is in the lower half of the capture below - Extended permissions (ACL's) set read, write, or no access based on name / group. This is in the…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex update available for days, why no update?.

Once you get the hang of using Docker containers.. you won't want to use anything else. They really are that simple. I practiced w/ a vm install of OMV before installing them on my server.
  • gderf -

I don't use VPN here, but the complaint you have with it is common and there are ways to work around it. Google "vpn split tunneling" for some pointers. For a primer on dockers see: OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic,
  • syoung1999 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can two user accounts share one home directory?.

Thread
    OMV v4.1.15-1 (Arrakis) 5 PC's around my place all use "syoung" as logon name. New windoze 10 pc uses syoung@domainname.com. Is there anyway that I can get OMV to allow two user account to access one shared home folder? ie: two users: syoung &
  • rickyx -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

• Fade2Gray -

Replied to the thread Docker prune now working to reclame space?.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Fade2Gray: “I appreciate that however that command has not work in my OMV docker setup and still showing the amount reclaimable ” Then there could be an issue with your docker install, when you execute docker image…
  • corey5188 -

Quote from gderf: “Docker is like a virtual environment of sorts. It can appear to be a bit unwieldy at first, but there are guides available here on the OMV forum site that will show you the way. I use to have quite a few programs running on my OMV…
  • iNTiGOD -

Replied to the thread Replacement for HP ProLiant N40L.

Just to chime in. I have an N40L as you do which is still running albeit slow. I also purchased a helios4 as a backup. I’m trying to weigh up if it is worth migrating omv from the N40L to the Helios. It’s one of those things I haven’t gotten…
  • y2kdread -

Quote from Markess: “Personally, I use the MergerFS and SnapRAID plugins to address the availability issue. ” Do you have any guidance/best practices on how to set this up? I backup the data I need of my array, but the bulk of it is stuff I can…
  • ekent -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ekent: “now I'm thinking I'd like the ability to have 2 or more 3.5" drives (probably up to 4) connected, possibly even in a RAID1 configuration. I'd like to be able to do general backing up of files and also stream music and movies etc to a…
  • Markess -

Quote from y2kdread: “Can you enlighten me on why using RAID5 and hardware backed raid are a waste of time/money? ” I suppose there's a lot to say about this, but my thoughts (which I admit others may not agree with) are... 1. RAID 5: RAID isn't…
  • FabrizioMaurizio -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread My new NAS: Odroid HC2 and Seagate Ironwolf 12TB..

Like (Post)
    I have some pictures and additional comments. I have also talked about the setup in other threads on the forum. See for instance: File managing within network to server Is the following idea worth setting up? I decided to put my HC2s in a bookcase,…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV keeps loosing write permissions after a couple hours..

Quote from JeffMD: “As for ACL, how can you NOT use ACL? You would have zero permissions then. ” This is a misconception. I don't use ACLs and I don't use OMV to set permissions on anything. I set permissions and ownership in the shell. And I have no…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread snapraid + drives issue.

At this point, I see nothing in the crystal ball... :huh:
  • Adoby -

OK, good luck then. Sorry I couldn't help you. I don't use ACLs because I have no need for them. And I have no problems. I restrict who can access my network and how.
  • MadDad -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NFS problems with Kodi streaming.

Same problem here, can anyone confirm its a kernel issue ? I am on 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 aswell...