Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread No Ethernet card was detected. Installation.

You can install drivers later. However the OMV initial install will fail without an internet connection, so you must have some type of recognized networking adapter.
  • nghiacc -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Hi - I tried to install the image for HC1, it works fine for the webadmin, however could not login using SSH. Error from the log: [CRON26969]: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required. Searching through the internet, the error appears to…
  • Dragonheart100 -

Replied to the thread No Ethernet card was detected. Installation.

I have installed a WLan card and Debian finds the driver at the installation. So it is a driver problem! How can I install the I219V driver at or after the installation? And should I install OMV or Debian then?
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

@ArmandH is contrib in your sources? :) Actually, that error also looks like your backports isn’t enabled... but it must be if you have the 4.17 kernel. Can you post your sources please? Don’t forget the OMV ones too.
  • Share Buddy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x I cant get to web gui.

Thread
    Hi I have omv on a sbc runing plex plugin, Wenever I put in ip I get too long to load page. all my divices(Roku/plex, windows 7) can see the nas/shear folders exsept for windows 10 now. I have had omv runing for over a mounth. Do I have to reinstal…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? ” I would allow access through VPN and use exactly the same filesharing daemon you already use. If it's Samba then use Samba for remote…
  • aykaydub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Docker Container is routed through OpenVPN from Transmission-OpenVPN Container.

Thanks for this, its a problem I have been struggling with for a while. The problem now is I can't open the webui now. I have tried following the LOCAL_NETWORK instructions on the docker guide to the best of my abilities, but still can't get it to work.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I am done here. No new plugin will be written and the rsnapshot won't be changed. So, everything should not explode. ” Yeah, I'm worn out too. I'll continue with the Rsync workaround, and come up with a better process, in…
  • ArmandH -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4.

the files or database you have on a RAID or ZFS has nothing to do with the OMV install, you can reinstall and mount again your data disks. If for example you have stored your config files from docker etc on the RAID you can install the image and point to…
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

The easiest way I can think of is to make a user account for him/her and then give him access via your VPN. Another potential option would be to use Emby, as that can be accessed via your external IP address, but it would require that you get the paid…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from henfri: “So, the CLI is the only problem about the restore? ” For beginners? Absolutely. While it might be hard to for you to imagine, we'll say you know nothing about backup strategy. But, you're told backup is a good idea and it's no…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from henfri: “a 'delayed mirror' a backup. ” A realtime mirror is and never will be a backup. It is redundancy. Quote from henfri: “But you stated that you see a limitation in rsnapshot not being able to push. I gave a suggestion how this…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4.

There is no way to "restore" the configuration of OMV by "importing" a copy for the config.xml file that came from another installation. The file only has value for reference purposes.
  • Frepke -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Thread
    Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick Maybe I didn't search
  • henfri -

So, the CLI is the only problem about the restore?
  • willynuisance -

Hello ArmandH, Thanks for your reply. When you say you did a fresh install you mean format it all? :/ Do you know a way to restor config after that? Because I spend a lot of time (like everybody I think) to configure everything. Saving config.xml is…
  • happyreacer -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can somebody explain this "error" message to me.

Quote from Drake008: “Is there a "checkdisk" tool for such an error ” fsck linux.die.net/man/8/fsck You should check your SMART values.
  • flmaxey -

Quote from henfri: “What I will not is stop warning beginners about bad backup strategies though. Regards, Hendrik ” All things are relative - something is better than nothing and two full copies of data are, without doubt, better than one. Note that…
  • Drake008 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can somebody explain this "error" message to me.

Thread
    mMLVXe This error message is the one I mean. Is there a "checkdisk" tool for such an error or will it correct itself?