Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “Have you had any issues regarding Pi-Hole? ” Actually, the only issue I had recently was the loss of historic data. I shut down my server for a week and on a restart, for some reason, the old data wasn't there. (That was a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

Like (Post)
    I found this simple guide docs.pi-hole.net/guides/unbound/ and am now running my own resolver on the pi-hole VM. Seems to work awesome.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

That's useful. Given the DNS shenanigans going on with ISP's and others, that's worth giving it a try. (And I think waiting 1 whole second, for a first time resolve process, is well worth the wait.)
  • flmaxey -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

Like (Post)
    I found this simple guide docs.pi-hole.net/guides/unbound/ and am now running my own resolver on the pi-hole VM. Seems to work awesome.
  • mlevistm -

Replied to the thread Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards.

Hello, Is the Espressobin v7 supported or will it be supported? Thanks
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker run error with this message when OMV restart.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error message when adding a repo.

Quote from Nixda: “Any hints? ” You need to update to the latest omv-extras. I just fixed this in a release a couple days ago.
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread You've heard it before -- "...I'm building a NAS...I need...".

Quote from GeekGrrl: “you mentioned openvpn, assuming you mean as a client. you could run it on the NAS but then only the nas will connect to the vpn (nothing wrong with this), it's a pain to find the info and since I just have set up a connection to…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread dnsmasq - Can't get DHCP to work and can't look up local DNS.

Ok lets enable the settings in General and DHCP, if your clients are set as 1 week in your router this won't be a problem need the output from service dnsmasq status and cat /etc/dnsmasq.d/omv.conf The fact that they are timed out could a network…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install trakt plugin for plex.

• NoidPurity -

Replied to the thread dnsmasq - Can't get DHCP to work and can't look up local DNS.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from NoidPurity: “Quote from geaves: “Ok Domain Name vsk is that the same as set under Network>>>General>>>Domain name ” Yes... but that's more of a DNS question.. I think I got the DNS to work now but not the…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Have you had any issues regarding Pi-Hole? What happens sometimes is if I refresh a page the page hangs with the message in the bottom left resolving host.....then the page stops with the message dns_probe_bad_config. If I look at Pi-Hole GUI you get the…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

There are two partitions on the card. A small /boot partition that is around 55 MB. That is fine. There should also be a root filesystem partition that is at least a few GB in size. If you install using a SD-card > 8GB then during the install process…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

Sorry, can't reproduce this error and it seems you're the only one having this issue. The problem is that based on your information all files are copied to the correct directories during the package update, so i'm really out of ideas what happens…
  • Sivaas -

Replied to the thread Issues with NextCloud.

Thanks, my Dad an I were trying to figure out what I was doing wrong yesterday and found out that the "linuxserver" images are compiled in amd64 instead of arm64 now I'm not sure why it changed between now and when techodadlife did his videos. also I…
  • Gandalf1203 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

Hi Folks, still stuck with this error msg. Any further hints ?? thank you very much !
  • Quote from geaves: “The php uncaught error appears to trigger the rest of the error and is related to something regarding the drive...but searching for that error reveals little on how to correct it.TBH, if this was me I would have given up and started…
  • Chester2 -

Posted the thread Deutsch/German Iso Wiedergabe Ruckler.

Thread
    Hallo, ich hatte eine Synology Diskstation DS216j und habe jetzt umgestellt auf einen Fujitsu Primergy TX100-S2. Hatte dann Xpenology drauf und jetzt Openmediavault und bin recht begeistert davon. Zum Problem: Ich habe eine Filmsammlung auf dem Server…
  • jorgezazo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install trakt plugin for plex.

I'm interested in this too. Some advice? Thank you
  • GeekGrrl -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OpenVPN + PIA - Complete Idiots Guide?.

How hard would it be to make a module out of this? it would have to do the following; 1. install open-vpn 2. download and extract all the conf files from PIA (i imagine other providers may be similar) 3. store the user pass in a txt file 4. modify…