Recent Activities

• Jieta25460 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Yes my system has been installed with official OMV ISO... there is only a 'local' access ... I don't touch any parameters to have a external access but maybe there is one I don't know. Maybe the USB key where is install the OS is failing more and more…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Source Code (6 lines) Source Code (5 lines) Source Code (10 lines)Source Code (21 lines) Source Code (3 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

You should be able to look at dmesg as a regular user. Did you install this setup from the OMV iso? What is the output of sudo dmesg | tail -n10 I'm really starting to wonder if you system has been hacked or if the install media is failing. Is it on…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Time for RMA ended August 26, 2018, the drives have more than 26k hours runtime, I have them for quite a while. Zeroing might help, I keep that in mind, but does the drive an correction by assigning new areas by itself or do I need to force it to do…
  • FlotteTotte -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Ja nen Paar Infos zu meinem System wären wohl sinnvoll :D NAS --> GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H, i3-7100, 8 GB RAM, OMV 4 System auf MP500 Series 120GB M.2 NVMe, 7x 4TB WD RED Die Logs kann man sich doch auch direkt in der OMV Oberfläche ansehen, oder mit mc…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

what do you mean by "cards you created"? In order to avoid messing up file permissions its best to move files around remotely using samba shares or FTP or NFS, etc. If you want to do it on OMV via SSH, the files are located in the /srv directory. The…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

community.wd.com/t/wd-red-4tb-with-pending-sectors/167769 Zeroing the drive may get rid of the errors. I have had success with that. If you get more errors it might be time to RMA.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

I think you're confused about what unionFS does... unionFS or mergerFS merely combines file systems on discrete physical drives so that it appears to the user as one large file system. When you get a 3rd disk, you can setup snapraid with 2 data disks…
  • Jieta25460 -

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Time machine backup on SMB share.

Quote from ajaja: “TimeMachine now sort of works ” Apple invented an own AFP call for TimeMachine back at 10.5 times and did the same with SMB defining a new SMB Extensions for the simple reason to sync data to disk without having layers in between…
  • DHGE -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Interessant wäre zu wissen, was für ein System Du hast. Die GBytes-Werte sind ja nun nicht riesig in late 2018... Dann würde ich mir die logs einmal anschauen. mc ist ein schönes Programm u.a. dafür. Normalerweise werden die rechtzeitig per logrotate…
  • Michelle_Br -

Replied to the thread Bitte um Hilfe - Upgrade OMV 3.x -> 4.x.

Danke Dir für´s Einbringen. :) Aber jetzt habe ich immer noch nicht verstanden - muss ich nun wegen der höheren Versionsnummer die Plugins deinstallieren (damit auch Unionfilesystems)? Oder kann mein Pool einfach so bleiben und ich kannden Upgrade…
  • cruachan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it's not going to be as straight forward as I'd hoped. My plan was to setup an MPD server on my OMV-NAS and use Cantata (My absolute fav music player) and MPDroid as clients. Cantata is easy to setup as a client with…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Raid degraded, cannot add disk.

Quote from Theelepel88: “That absolutly fixxed it, maby someone can add the blkid to the default questions :) My raid is rebuilding now so i'm a very happy man! ” :thumbsup: :thumbsup: excellent, well done.
  • Theelepel88 -

Replied to the thread Raid degraded, cannot add disk.

That absolutly fixxed it, maby someone can add the blkid to the default questions :) My raid is rebuilding now so i'm a very happy man!
  • riff-raff -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Thread
    I use two WD Red 6 TB each in Luks encrypted, unlocked at boot, and in an ZFS morror pool integrated. SMART send me an notification, that there are 16 pendig sectors, 0 allocated, 0 offline uncorrectable and 1 multizone error. The day before yesterday I…
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Time machine backup on SMB share.

Perhaps there are clues in my experience this week: My TM has not been working on two servers. I just stopped using it. With @tkaiser asserting that it works; I decided to reinstall the plugin. It did not work. I then thought about wether this may be a…
  • R0vsvamp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transcode folder for plex docker..

I have been very happy with my OMV server for the last 3 years, but every time something comes up, like major updates, this docker and so on - I allways run in to trouble. I feel like i'm so close but yet so far from getting this to work now. I am on…
  • R0vsvamp -

I dont know what this is sir: mergerfs(UnionFS. But all my drives are formatted EXT4 yes.
  • ajaja -

Quote from R0vsvamp: “All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker. ” Are you using mergerfs(UnionFS)? Are you drives formatted EXT4?