Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gderf -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x files that hold the settings.

Like (Post)
    You can't do that.
  • teiva -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Help: OMV docker newbie scenario after deleting original emby container.

• Shurov -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Kodi Plugin.

I would LOVE to have Kodi plugin out of the box (however, already for OMV 4.x)! Actually, this is exactly what I want - to have OMV back-end, and a Kodi as an always-on front-end (I mean, turn the TV on and Kodi is there). Do you have any news/plans…
  • Shurov -

Liked Pheoxy’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Kodi Plugin.

Like (Post)
    I'm interested in making a Kodi plugin that opens Kodi on boot and exits to the cli if you need to get back to it. I was also thinking of putting in a delay of about 5 secs if you wanted to boot to cli for some reason. So I was wondering on what people…
  • vicctoor100 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Change HDD system by SSD without affecting anything?.

Quote from macom: “Have you checked the solution to SMB issues in common problems? see signature ” Yes, i do. Quote from macom: “On both devices I have around 30MB/s using SMB (with WLAN involved). On the HC2 I have following options in advanced…
  • lh1983 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x JDownloader alternative.

Can you run Jdownloader2 in a docker container? github.com/jlesage/docker-jdownloader-2
  • teiva -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Help: OMV docker newbie scenario after deleting original emby container.

Thread
    OMV 3.0.99 docker GUI 3.1.10 Source Code (3 lines) Help. I had 2x emby containers so I removed the "emby/embyserver:x86_64" container and kept "emby/embyserver:latest" container. When I attempt to run emby-server the daemon references the original…
  • SilverBlade -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x WD Caviar Blue 1TB.

Quote from macom: “I have no experience with this specific drive, but I used several drives in my HC2 without problems. So I think it will work well. Is there any reason why you have concerns? edit: actually I had one issue with my 3.5" drive. It did…
  • krispayne -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x File System (RAID1) "Missing" after Upgrade.

growing the raid to 6 devices seems to be the trick to get rid of the extra spare: mdadm --grow /dev/md0 --raid-devices=6 do you think that by changing something like this in the raid configuration that OMV will be able to see it in the GUI? Once this…
  • hedgehogspen -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Moving to a smaller boot drive.

Thread
    Hi all, got a problem I'm fairly sure you'll eb able to help with... I want to clone the OMV boot drive to a smaller one, and everything I've read to date says to backup the drive using clonezilla (done and tested with no problems), use gparted to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x File System (RAID1) "Missing" after Upgrade.

Nope, With the mdadm commands, try removing the drive then adding it back.
  • krispayne -

ah cool. Would I change 2 to 1 in the mdadm.conf or is there another preferred way to promote a drive?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from krispayne: “I thought RAID6 was supposed to have 2 spares? My thought process is that it can lose 2 drives? ” raid6 has two parity drives which allows you to lose 2 drives without losing data. spares are different and are there to replace…
  • DarkVodka34 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount will not mount.

Works fine when upgrade to 4.0 Thanks again
  • bkeadle -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x shutdown hangs.

• DarkVodka34 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from DarkVodka34: “No fix than other than upgrade my 2.0 box? ” While that is a good idea (actually a fresh install is better), it is possible to specify the smb protocol version of a mount in the mount…
  • krispayne -

Source Code (14 lines)Something I noticed last night was that maybe it has to do with the UUID being different? (it was, now that I've done the omv-mkconf mdadm it's the correct UUID) I'm not too sure of myself when it comes to the underlying RAID stuff…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from DarkVodka34: “No fix than other than upgrade my 2.0 box? ” While that is a good idea (actually a fresh install is better), it is possible to specify the smb protocol version of a mount in the mount options.
  • Redjard -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Seagate HDD on Odroid HC2 spins down after 4 minutes regardless of settings.

Like (Post)
    I would disable APM completely. To be sure run hdparm -B255 /dev/sda and check when the drive spins down.
  • Redjard -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Seagate HDD on Odroid HC2 spins down after 4 minutes regardless of settings.

Quote from macom: “I would disable APM completely. To be sure run hdparm -B255 /dev/sda and check when the drive spins down. ” The command output was: redjard-media / # hdparm -B255 /dev/sda /dev/sda: setting Advanced Power Management level to…