Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• boh73 -

Liked Huberer’s post in the thread OMV 3.x How to see runnings VM's under CLI?.

Like (Post)
    Ok, I found a solution here in the forum. With Source Code (2 lines)I can see my VM.
  • Replaced the SAS Cables from the HBA to the backplane and everything started working. All drives recognized and am able to create mdadm raid or ZFS The cables that came with the HBA's off of Ebay were ...... ummmm..... not so good (Sh******)
  • drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Import data disk?.

Wow, Midnight Commander is one of the greatest things I have ever used haha Thanks so much, that's exactly what I was looking for.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved mySQL not reachable over network.

Quote from ph1: “I tried to change the binding directly in the my.cnf file and not in the web admin ” Any change in the web interface and it will be changed back. Changing my.cnf directly is not recommended.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis.

Quote from HydrexHD: “How can i install the Fail2ban plugin on Openmediavault 4 Arrakis? ” You can't. It hasn't been ported to OMV 4.x.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Why php5 AND php7 packages in OMV-4 ?.

Quote from Titanet: “i had to install the dirmngr package before to run ” That is why the omv-extras install procedure always has apt-get -f install after the dpkg command. It will install the dependencies omv-extras needs and one of those is dirmngr.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Errors with OMV-Extras on fresh OMV 4.0.14-1.

Quote from djpollum: “Does anybody have an idea to solve this? ” While I do need to fix this, it isn't really an important error and there is nothing for you to solve. The code to look at the grub config is faster than the code to hide the kernel…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Import data disk?.

Quote from drew_p13: “Is there any way to import this disk by plugging it straight into the server itself and transferring the data, ” Yes, you can mount the disk by the WebUi. The disk is then mounted under /srv. Personally I have used Midnight…
  • ChacalCH -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Can't connect to webinterface & a lot of error messages after upgrade.

Thread
    Hi I tried to upgrade an existing OMV installation. I was wondering if somebody could indicate a way to safe the system, otherwise I'll do a complete reinstall. I get the following error messages, do you have any suggestions what I can do to fix the…
  • ph1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved mySQL not reachable over network.

hey guys, I'm facing the same problem. I changed binding adress to 0.0.0.0 and changed host to % for my kodi mysql user. But still, I am getting error "ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.178.230' (111)". Do you have any…
  • drew_p13 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Import data disk?.

Thread
    Hi all, So I finally set up my ZFS pool and SMB share, and am able to access it from my computer. Now I need to put all of my data onto the server, which I have on a SATA hard drive. Is there any way to import this disk by plugging it straight into the…
  • drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Cannot view filesystem after creation.

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help. I've got my ZFS pool and my SMB share all set up, and can access it from my computer. I'm marking this thread as resolved and I'll post any other questions in the appropriate place on the forums.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Bad Performance of minidnla plugin serving videos to vlc on iphone.

I use samba and vlc on ios to play videos and it works great. It will play bluray quality mkv without issue. Don't use dlna at all.
  • General vodka -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “It has become the right thread to babble about (energy efficient) R-PI's, and other less frequently used ARM devices. ” Yeah, let's talk about the way more interesting ARM devices compared to Raspberries :) Challenge: (less than) 5W…
  • drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved RAIDZ1 or Mirror?.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Not sure if a raidz1 is possible with only two drives. I thought it must be at least 3. Anyway if you want to use two drives, a zmirror is way better - easy resilvering, great performance. More of them: ZFS: You should use mirror
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved RAIDZ1 or Mirror?.

Not sure if a raidz1 is possible with only two drives. I thought it must be at least 3. Anyway if you want to use two drives, a zmirror is way better - easy resilvering, great performance. More of them: ZFS: You should use mirror vdevs, not RAIDZ.
  • General vodka -

Liked General vodka’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    libre.computer/products/boards/roc-rk3328-cc/ What about this little guy? I cant seem to find the total power it needs to run.
  • Quote from tkaiser: “Why would a toy be more stable than a PC? Especially since you chose the worst toy possible. ” Quote from Nibb31: “Plex on an RPi isn't a very good idea. Neither is a NAS on an RPi for that matter. Keep in mind that this is…
  • General vodka -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

libre.computer/products/boards/roc-rk3328-cc/ What about this little guy? I cant seem to find the total power it needs to run.
  • Quote from tkaiser: “Why would a toy be more stable than a PC? Especially since you chose the worst toy possible. ” Quote from Nibb31: “Plex on an RPi isn't a very good idea. Neither is a NAS on an RPi for that matter. Keep in mind that this is…