Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread Mount FTP via curlftpfs.

You don't need to make an entry in config.xml to add a line to fstab. Just add it to fstab yourself outside of the [openmediavault] section.
  • Danceswithcats -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Should I change my server name?.

@cabrie_Leo, thanks to you as well. I'll go with your advice about the hostname. On the other matter, what you've said tells me what background reading I need to do. Thanks again.
  • Danceswithcats -

hi gderf, thanks for this. Yes, it's a public I.P. address. No, it's not on the machine. I was going to use subdomains for any docker machines that need public access.
  • andyw -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to log into web gui after update.

Thanks Ryecoaaron I tried the above however it did not appear to work. Once I ran omv-aptclean i did notice a few errors please see below: E: Failed to fetch packages.openmediavault.org/public/dists/arrakis/main/
  • EvilOnion -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

Like (Post)
    As @macom demo'ed a few extra details are required. :) ________________________________________________ You can also use Scheduled Jobs to set up helper commands for convenience, such as btrfs scrub cancel , without enabling them. You can run them…
  • EvilOnion -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

Ok. I think I got it. btrfs scrub start /dev/sda1 , as well as /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD40EFRX.... work. Is there a difference between /dev/sda1 and /srv/dev-disk-by-id ? Anyway, thanks for the help.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BorgBackup cron.

Quote from rabudde: “but how to automate it? What is the command I have to put into crontab? ” Have you created an entry on the Archives tab? That will create the task that gets run by the pre-created cron jobs. I guess you could call the scripts…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x apt command twice in cron?!.

Quote from Nas-turally: “And openmediavault-cron-apt and apt-compat are not doublon of each other, aren't they? ” No. openmediavault-cron-apt is a bunch of comments and one real line. apt-compat is about 55 lines of code.
  • rabudde -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x BorgBackup cron.

Thread
    I'm using latest BorgBackup plugin on OMV 4.1.19. It's working fine, but how to automate it? What is the command I have to put into crontab?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to log into web gui after update.

Try omv-aptclean then use an incognito window.
  • andre_x -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Windows can access a share, Ubunto can't.

Like (Post)
    Quote from andre_x: “Mar 18 16:54:16 omv smbd[4396]: check_ntlm_password: Authentication for user [WORKGROUP/desktop] -> [WORKGROUP/desktop] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER Mar 18 16:54:16 omv smbd[4396]: [2019/03/18 16:54:16.582267, 3]…
  • andyw -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Unable to log into web gui after update.

Thread
    Hi All I updated omv to 4.1.20-1 and since update I have not been able to log into OMV. I am presented with: OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in…
  • EvilOnion -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

Like (Post)
    The options are explained on the btrfs man page. The command to start a scrub job looks like this btrfs scrub start /srv/dev-disk-by-label.... You need to adjust the path (/srv/dev-disk-by....) according to your system. This is a good and short…
  • gderf -

Quote from Danceswithcats: “ In particular, I have a static I.P. address, with a domain name pointing to it. ” It would be helpful if you stated whether the static IP address with a domain name pointing to it is a public IP address and if so is…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from Danceswithcats: “I also gave my server a hostname. Should I change the hostname in OMV General Settings to agree with that? ” Personally I have no experience which such a setup. But in general a host can have only one name in the network…
  • JeffMD -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV stops in safe mode after dropping usb drives into powered hub.

Thread
    So my OMV on a renegade board has been running fine while powering a 4tb usb hard drive. I am changing around how my plex system works and was adding a second self powered (seagate backup) drive with the plex videos to the renegade. To do this I attached…
  • tkaiser -

Liked dkxls’s post in the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Cranberg: “Für mich ist es verwunderlich wie extrem bemüht man ist, alles in Englisch zu schreiben, so etwas gibt es nur in Deutschland. ” Das ist schon recht anmutenden zu denken, dass es so etwas nur in Deutschland gäbe. Wenn hier…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Windows can access a share, Ubunto can't.

Quote from andre_x: “I've created the user as "desktop", not as "WORKGROUP/desktop", but in the samba configuration I see "Workgroup: WORKGROUP" ” But still the user account is just 'desktop' and there's no need to specify 'WORKGROUP' (maybe within…
  • Aux -

Liked doctar’s post in the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Like (Post)
    Hey zusammen. Erst mal vielen Dank hier, für den super support!!! Bin leider noch ein voller newbie was Linux / OMV und Co. angeht. Deswegen lese ich hier echt viele Beiträge, um so viel auf zu nehmen wie geht. Leider finde ich es durch die mehreren…