Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• markbanang -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from ellnic: “a newcomer to the thread may not wish to read through all the pages if they believe it relates to an older kernel than that which they are using. ” That's precisely what I've been having a problem with, and even having read…
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Quote from Stramm: “Embry is worth a look, too. ” Quote from sbocquet: “Quote from jericho: “Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe…
  • jericho -

Liked sbocquet’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jericho: “Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace…
  • jericho -

Liked Stramm’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    Embry is worth a look, too.
  • jericho -

Like (Post)
    That should be enough for Serviio, as I was running it on my NAS hardware with Windows 2012 Server Essential without a problem. What is your intel dual core model? Maybe it's a network problem rather than a CPU power one. If you stream some mkv with 7.1…
  • jericho -

Like (Post)
    With minidlna, No. It's a "strict" ans simple DLNA server with no transcoding. It just streams files. Your renderer (the TV or other) should have the correct codecs to show the file. Same for the srt files, that not in the DLNA specs. DLNA is a crapy…
  • sbocquet -

Quote from jericho: “Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace…
  • houndhunger -

Replied to the thread Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards.

It was November 2017: Quote from tkaiser: “But it's almost 2018 now and USB2 only SBC aren't that great anymore anyway (look at ROCK64, ODROID-HC1 or EspressoBin for example to get the idea how performant inexpensive ARM NAS implementations can be…
  • Stramm -

• jericho -

Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace it yesterday with a…
  • chakky -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH root Passwort vergessen.

Hallo, vielen Dank für die schnelle Hilfe. Quote: “ sudo passwd root ” hat mir geholfen. Da der angelegte benutzer nicht der Gruppe sudoer angehört, musste ich über das Webinterface den benutzer dort noch hinzufügen. Nach einen erneuten Login…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

Like (Post)
    The presence of folder2ram entries in your mounts indicate that the Flash Memory plugin is enabled.
  • RobertR728 -

Liked ajaja’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    I too would like to know what I can do with my additional Nic. I am sure there is an advantage with Docker. I do run Haugene/Transmission-OpenVPN. So what can be done with a second(third) Nic?
  • RobertR728 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    There are a few modes for using multiple. The main reason would be redundancy. If you have a smart or managed switch you can also use lacp. You can combine 2 or more nics to act as one connection. This can make it seem you have a 2GB or more connection.…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Full root drive help.

Like (Post)
    Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Full root drive help.

Like (Post)
    Which log file is causing the problem? And, as donh wrote, are there some messages quite often?
  • RobertR728 -

Liked RobertR728’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Good lord that is a huge hard disc. Just imagine the day for the world of computers that those type drives are common place. Or we are swapping them out like floppy discs of the days past. Exciting and scarry at the same time. On a positive note for me…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives? :D100TB drive. Here you go! :) Since they're not disclosing the price yet, I hope you have a few extra Euro's...
  • RobertR728 -

Liked RobertR728’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    lol I noticed spell correct was changing it to 88tb I thought I caught them all . lol Okay I have to edit this because I can't find the time it takes to add a drive to the array. I shutdown and installed one new 8tb drive. Booted up logged in thru root…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked cabrio_leo’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives? :D