Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• wahyuarianto -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Copy files from usb harddrive to OMV Server.

Thread
    Hi Everyone. I have a server running OMV 3.0.86 Erasmus. I just ask the question. Can i copy file form External HDD to OMV who run by EXT4 filesystem. If possible. can i get the tutorial. Thanks for the help. :) :) :) :thumbsup:
  • Since the thread question had been answered, it's probably time to start a new thread in General. (From here, you'll be looking at configuration items and issues.) ________________________________________ On the flashmemory plugin, it's a good thing you…
  • scoop -

Liked citynet’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Connect OMV to Active Directory 2012.

Like (Post)
    After a few hours of attempt I manage to get the user list under ACL I'm not sure which part is necessary and which is not, but it is working now I install dose to packages Source Code (2 lines) Edit /etc/nsswitch.conf (add winbind) Source Code (14…
  • flmaxey -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “the reason for installing the flashmemory plugin in is to reduce the frequency and size of the writes to your flash media. With flash media, the number of times a single location can be written is finite. ” That's not the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “the reason for installing the flashmemory plugin in is to reduce the frequency and size of the writes to your flash media. With flash media, the number of times a single location can be written is…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Samba AD/DC integration.

Look at sssd and realmd. Both are the newer way to go. realmd may work best for you. If you get a good working method please post it here. If we can get enough examples it may make into a plug in or feature. Thanks
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Windows shares / samba Trouble shooting.

To see your version of samba or any other package for that matter. dpkg -l |grep samba Source Code (1 line)I assume debian would patch this if it didn't work with 10. I don't have win10 to test with. If you find a solution I will reference it in the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?.

Quote from flmaxey: “the reason for installing the flashmemory plugin in is to reduce the frequency and size of the writes to your flash media. With flash media, the number of times a single location can be written is finite. ” That's not the…
  • mateuxp -

Replied to the thread "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Command lsblk is displaying md0 raid array, look at row 12 & 14: Source Code (14 lines) Don't think there is problem with /dev/md0 but I don't have proofs yet as well as OMV 4 broke something during upgrade, interesting issue df -kh shows /dev/md0…
  • flmaxey -

Since the thread question had been answered, it's probably time to start a new thread in General. (From here, you'll be looking at configuration items and issues.) ________________________________________ On the flashmemory plugin, it's a good thing you…
  • Quote from SimonW500: “Edit 2: seems you've created a separate Branch 3.x, with Master presumably now for 4.x - is the issue within here, the wrong version going to the wrong repository? ” 3.5 is now pushed to the OMV 3.x repo. It has the features…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for ROCK64 (and other RK3328 devices soon).

Quote from petrus: “Do QNAP/Synology (for example) NAS are toy hardware too ? ” No, why should they? Since the CPU cores are from the same company (ARM)? Those NAS boxes all use NAS SoCs (mostly from Marvell and Annapurna Labs, then a few other ARM…
  • shadowzero -

Replied to the thread Serviio Install Guide.

What is the output of java -version? I think you may have an older version of Java installed that is set as the default.
  • Massimo -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x sys snapshots + plugin backup + restore new hard disk.

Thread
    I know that this thing must have been asked several times, but dind't find anything in the forum, so here I am.... I'm experimenting OMV3, coming from old, dear OMV2 (why EOL, poor?), and I'd like to do a couple of operations: 1) take a system snapshot,…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x The session timeout set to 0 does *not* disable automatic logout in general preferences.

• petrus -

Replied to the thread OMV for ROCK64 (and other RK3328 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “toy grade hardware ” Do QNAP/Synology (for example) NAS are toy hardware too ? I usually see this kind of "professional" NAS (as many vendors/techies are calling this kind of hardware) on some little LAN at working places...
  • topi -

Liked minixjr’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='']'.

Like (Post)
    Hello together, just in case someone faces into the same problem. After an update of OMV yesterday to 3.0.71, today I saw the above named error message, while opening the rsync tab. The solution, I found here in the forum, to delete the section <jobs>…
  • topi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='']'.

Thanks minixjr for sharing your solution. That made my day while dealing with my rsync jobs after upgrading from Stoneburner to Erasmus.
  • topi -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x The session timeout set to 0 does *not* disable automatic logout in general preferences.

Thread
    Hi there, in the section "General Preferences" I set session timeout to 0 expecting the the automatic logut to be disabled. In/etc/openmediavault/config.xml I find this section: Source Code (9 lines)So it seems ok for me. However, after a few minutes…
  • kochin -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

I saw your posting yesterday, and was curious whether it could be done. Today I tried it out on my server. Here are what I found: 1, Add this directive to the NGINX config for your server.local, where 192.168.x.y is your OMV box IP address. Source Code…