Recent Activities

• EvilOnion -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

Like (Post)
    You might find what you need -> here. In basic terms, you can set the command line btrfs scrub , in the GUI under System, Scheduled Jobs, +Add and schedule it to run as you like. (While it's a matter of preference, once a month should do it. The 15th…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Example of OMV's firewall.

OMV is Debian Linux under the hood, and many Debian applications can be used with it. You are not strictly limited to using only what OMV provides. Have you researched any of the available firewall GUI applications for Debian to see if they meet your…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mmcblk0p2 not shown in "Add shared folder devices list".

Quote from mcgyver83: “Now it's a bit hard do make it smaller ” You can insert the card in a laptop or PC, boot a Linux live distro with gparted and shrink the partition.
  • Cranberg -

Replied to the thread Example of OMV's firewall.

One of the most important reasons why I switched from a commercial NAS with proprietary software to OMV is the hope to get more security for the NAS and for the data. This forum post "Example of OMV's firewall" (2013-2017) shows that there doesn't seem…
  • TheSidewinder -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Security warning: update Putty NOW!.

Like (Post)
    OMV users relying on Putty to administrate other hosts via SSH should upgrade immediately to at least version 0.71 released two days ago. The list of security related fixes is 'impressive' (total disaster): - Security fixes found by an EU-funded bug…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

You might find what you need -> here. In basic terms, you can set the command line btrfs scrub , in the GUI under System, Scheduled Jobs, +Add and schedule it to run as you like. (While it's a matter of preference, once a month should do it. The 15th…
  • dkxls -

Replied to the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Quote from Cranberg: “Für mich ist es verwunderlich wie extrem bemüht man ist, alles in Englisch zu schreiben, so etwas gibt es nur in Deutschland. ” Das ist schon recht anmutenden zu denken, dass es so etwas nur in Deutschland gäbe. Wenn hier…
  • EvilOnion -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x BTRFS: how to create a sheduled scrub job?.

Thread
    Hey, I'm pretty happy so far with my Odroid HC2 and OpenMediaVault. However I've read that when using BTRFS as a file system you should do regular scrub jobs. I was swayed by the idea of a self-heling file system, so I thought I wouldn't have to do…
  • mdr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 : Blinking Cursor after reboot.

I'm not an expert, but here is my anser from own experience. It is highly likely that the Linux kernel doesn't know how to send the right reboot command to your system. The way you need to do this can be different for each system/CPU/motherboard so you…
  • dkxls -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Cranberg: “es hätte sehr wohl Sinn gemacht, Foren in mehreren Sprachen zuzulassen ” Deutsch ist hier "zugelassen", es ist Deine freie Entscheidung, Dich sowohl qualitativ als auch quantitativ einzuschränken (hinsichtlich der Antworten,…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find wifi-interface ASUS PCE-AC55BT.

Do you have the backports 4.9 kernel installed? You probably should upgrade to OMV 4.x which would use the 4.19 kernel offering better support of that card. Plus, OMV 3.x is EOL'd.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installer screen corrupted video - kernel parameters?.

Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I can't get to the first page of the text mode installer so updating is moot. ” Not quite true. You could boot Ubuntu and debootstrap the Debian install with 4.19 kernel -
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from EgLe: “until it is offered by the OMV-Extra itself? ” omv-extras doesn't have any plex packages. omv-extras enables the official plex repo. So, if there is an update in the Updates tab, install that. Otherwise, you should wait until…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x apt command twice in cron?!.

Quote from Nas-turally: “Does it come from OMV or is it (more likely) me who made a mistake? Could you have a look into your own server? ” This seems to be something you did. OMV creates openmediavault-cron-apt
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mmcblk0p2 not shown in "Add shared folder devices list".

Ok, probably my mistake is related to knowledge of a previous omv instance. Before I had some space left and I created a new partition. Now I expanded the root partition to fill the whole amount of free space. Now it's a bit hard do make it smaller…
  • EgLe -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Hallo, ich habe ein Debian-Strech mit OMV 4.x neu am leufen. Nun erhalte ich per Webinterface vom Plexserver folgende Meldung: Ein Plex Media Server Update für OMV-NAS-i7-4770 steht bereit! 1.15.2.793 Jetzt herunterladen - Diese Version
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Cranberg: “es hätte sehr wohl Sinn gemacht, Foren in mehreren Sprachen zuzulassen ” Deutsch ist hier "zugelassen", es ist Deine freie Entscheidung, Dich sowohl qualitativ als auch quantitativ einzuschränken (hinsichtlich der Antworten,…
  • Aux -

Liked Cranberg’s post in the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Like (Post)
    Das ist schon eine etwas seltsam anmutende Diskussion. Ich bin vor ein paar Jahrzehnten ausgewandert. Für mich ist es verwunderlich wie extrem bemüht man ist, alles in Englisch zu schreiben, so etwas gibt es nur in Deutschland. Traurig zu beobachten…
  • Cranberg -

Das ist schon eine etwas seltsam anmutende Diskussion. Ich bin vor ein paar Jahrzehnten ausgewandert. Für mich ist es verwunderlich wie extrem bemüht man ist, alles in Englisch zu schreiben, so etwas gibt es nur in Deutschland. Traurig zu beobachten…
  • rStyle -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find wifi-interface ASUS PCE-AC55BT.

Thread
    Hi everyone! I'm encountering an issue in which I cannot find my wifi-card. The card itself has both, wifi and bluetooth but I just need the wifi to work. When looking in the omv-web interface network->interfaces->Add->WiFi no device is listed. I…