Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GTvert90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from GTvert90: “DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access ” Then the files aren't owned by the users group. You should add the plex user to whatever group owns the…
  • iamaburrama -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Quote from gderf: “What is the exact name of the Transmission docker you are using? ” linuxserver/transmission
  • msn -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread My first NAS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DarkKnightII: “it is not a cabling problem or a contact issue, I guess I am in the wrong place as i can see you do not want to help or are not open minded enough to help. I must have said something to offend someone. These are all basic…
  • msn -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread My first NAS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DarkKnightII: “your reply is ambiguous and misleading ” Try to learn to live with it. You had cable/contact issues. If that would have happened with one of your other disks you would not created the theory that OMV can not cope with 4GB…
  • mrperfektone -

Replied to the thread Execution failed Service nginx.

Give me a reasonable explanation of why you think I should turn off email notification from? - It was email notification that told me that my openmediavault interface did not work ... And no, I have had email notification for the last 3 months and these…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mrperfektone: “After I ran the command ... I get the following error on mail ” I don't believe so. Sounds you activated for whatever reasons mail notifications recently and now you get mails that scare you (like the totally irrelevant…
  • mrperfektone -

After I ran the command: 1. echo -e '#!/bin/sh\n/sbin/folder2ram -syncall >/dev/null 2>&1' >/etc/cron.daily/folder2ram 2. chmod 755 /etc/cron.daily/folder2ram Do I get the following error on mail: touch: cannot touch '/var/log/cron-apt/log': No such…
  • Had the same problem then I found this error in /var/log/openvpn.log Source Code (2 lines) so I did this in SSH and it works now. Shell-Script (1 line)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x RAID5 on raspberry with USB drives.

Quote from kuschi: “I have successfully configured ” Sorry for being not clear enough. I'm not talking about OMV or anything wrt software/settings at all. Just that some SBC are simply not sufficient to do RAID with them (or attach any storage at…
  • kuschi -

Well, at least I have successfully configured my test box to run as a NUT server, join an AD and provide print services to the (AD) clients. However, the joining an AD could need an user friendlier procedure.
  • drwhowhogrub -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

So I have managed to mount my local smb share on OVM, but I am having issues pulling the data. Im not sure how to set it up. I get error messages such as "Host key verification failed." or Im told to change the folder as is doesn't exists Am I…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from kuschi: “What would be your recommendation to attach storage to this kind of SBC? Other than the internal SD card or eMMC module? ” None since unreliable. It's just the wrong SBC for the use case. Hardkernel learned their lesson and they…
  • kuschi -

What would be your recommendation to attach storage to this kind of SBC? Other than the internal SD card or eMMC module? the XU4 does not have a SATA interface.
  • tkaiser -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

Like (Post)
    Then I should make the change to omv-extras 3.x to fix it.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

Quote from cskrat: “Testing the image posted earlier ” Thank you for the report. Since it boots everything's ok and it can replace the older variant at SF.
  • tkaiser -

Quote from kuschi: “I now know better that the XU4 is not the perfect hardware for OMV ” No, this is not related to OMV at all. XU4 is just not the perfect hardware to attach USB3 storage to (see my signature for more explanations) while in fact OMV…
  • cskrat -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

Testing the image posted earlier. Starting from a fresh install from Etcher: - Turn on Docker-CE repo from OMV-Extras -- Docker-gui NOT listed in plugins - Run update from OMV-Extras menu. -- Docker-gui listed in plugins but install fails. - Close the…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

What is the exact name of the Transmission docker you are using?
  • iamaburrama -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error Creating Docker Image in Transmission.

Thread
    Using OMV 4 for Raspberry Pi 3 Following along to the "Techno Dad Life" videos and trying to create a Docker Image for Transmission. I attached the gui error I'm getting. If I don't map any volumes it gets created.
  • kuschi -

Hi, Thank you for the prompt response. I now know better that the XU4 is not the perfect hardware for OMV, but is a fairly inexpensive and convenient way to test and get to know better about OMV and all its possibilities. At least I now know better all…