Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• z-vap -

Liked tinh_x7’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Like (Post)
    This is the Q & A thread of this guide: NextCloud Installation NextCloud Security Scan (Optional)
  • z-vap -

Liked tinh_x7’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) 3rd-party NextCloud Installation.

Like (Post)
    General Information This guide will work with OMV3 (PHP 5.6). Not sure with OMV2 (PHP 5.4). This is for NextCloud 11 and newer. PHP7 is a little different, and it may break OMV system. This guide contain more details than any other guide that I…
  • z-vap -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

I just need to say thanks to @tinh_x7 for all the work he's done here. The biggest question i have is how in the world did you fugure out step 3 (3. Add this to your Nginx extra options). I swear I would be locked up in a nut house if I had to figure…
  • Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Yes, see my answer above. I edited the OMV config and it works for now. I'll check if that workaround just works without any consequences. But it would be great if somebody knows a "real" solution for that problem.
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) My DIY NAS Build.

Very nice. I’m preparing to put together a G4560 & Gigabyte mobo build myself. Waiting for the psu to arrive in the mail, and need to pick a case. How has the cpu treated you so far? I’ll also be setting up Snapraid and Docker w/ JDownloader. Any…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Rant mode on: Nothing infuriates me more than some companies IT Dept's.....daughter started a new job, she gets a laptop, mobile phone, comp email with office 365.... Well....the email, her name is spelt wrong so awaiting amendment, the laptop which is…
  • flvinny521 -

Quote from Barracuda: “New problem. Now I can not add a Shared Folder because there are no devices to select, why? ” Quote from jollyrogr: “Not sure where OMV gets its device list from. Does a reboot help? ” I'm no expert, but I believe you'll…
  • Barracuda -

No, I already tried to unmount them from the WebUI but it did not work (I think because of permissions?). Then I unmounted them via the cli and had again no access to the File Systems menu. Now I've added my disks manually into my OMV config, using the…
  • jollyrogr -

Now that you can access the file systems menu, can you unmount the drives via the cli, and remount them using the omv webui? Was reading this thread as a reference: Kralizec - can't create shared folder, no volume?
  • bogesman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Missing block devices when trying to list them in iscsi LUN.

• Barracuda -

• jollyrogr -

Not sure where OMV gets its device list from. Does a reboot help?
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Missing block devices when trying to list them in iscsi LUN.

There is an issue with zfs and iscsi with newer kernel in OMV3 iscsi target on latest openmediavault
  • flvinny521 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ajaja: “Quote from flmaxey: “…there's advice on the form for relocating metadata storage to a data drive. ” Where might I find the advice? I set my Database Volume and Folder in OMV's PLEX setup to be: /srv/store/plexmediaserver/, yet…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Quote from ajaja: “Quote from flmaxey: “…there's advice on the form for relocating metadata storage to a data drive. ” Where might I find the advice? I set my Database Volume and Folder in OMV's PLEX setup to be: /srv/store/plexmediaserver/, yet…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

• bogesman -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Missing block devices when trying to list them in iscsi LUN.

Thread
    So i have the following setup. OMV3, because I need the iscsi target plugin. I need to use ZFS zvols for iscsi lun devices. When i create a new volume in ZFS I'm able to add it as a LUN device. I see it as a block device as expected and everything…
  • Bob.S -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) file system when missing till i tried to create a new one and it was back what happened?.

I experienced the same issue on a Cloudshell2 unit. It seems to be related to speed of the OMV booting. The ODroid seems to boot quickly enough that the raid board doesn't have time to get the drives ready prior to OVM starting up. I'm not sure if…
  • ejvl -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) How to: mount external storage with WebDAV.

@wouterve, did you found any solution to mount Transip as a remote share in OMV?
  • Blabla -

Liked blublub’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (testing) ZFS not mounting - OMV 4.x.

Like (Post)
    Quote from subzero79: “Good to know. @votdev have you though about instead of using Requires=, just create a custom target for those units that run at last, maybe even after multi-user.target?. Hypothetically tomorrow we can have a "yfs" that also does…