Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Quote from mrperfektone: “But do not think you can get it on Odroid products at all Or many other small arm servers ” As already mentioned: some of those small ARM servers are ready for the job. The Olimex Lime2 is pretty slow by today's standards…
  • mrperfektone -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “/sbin/pam_tally2 ” Ok, then for whatever reasons the $PATH variable when cron is called seems to not contain /sbin/ (no idea why and how to fix this). Anyway: since you're using an Armbian based OMV installation you could…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Quote from mrperfektone: “/sbin/pam_tally2 ” Ok, then for whatever reasons the $PATH variable when cron is called seems to not contain /sbin/ (no idea why and how to fix this). Anyway: since you're using an Armbian based OMV installation you could…
  • mrperfektone -

Good for you :) - But do not think you can get it on Odroid products at all :) Or many other small arm servers :)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

Quote from Adoby: “One thing I would really like to see is a small dual SATA SBC. So I can have spinning iron HDD cached on a SSD to provide a faster (better random access) storage device for the network. And also a good platform for a small server.…
  • gderf -

I've been running OMV 24/7/365 at home for over three years, and various other Linux server implementations for many, many years before that. I have always had UPS protection on them.
  • mrperfektone -

The output of your command is: / Sbin / pam_tally2 I do not say I have a power failure often but once is enough with the system you have chosen to construct "This is a weakness of folder2ram and tmpfs in general" ... I think that an error in the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread serial-getty@ttyS0.service on a loop.

Source Code (2 lines)Then reboot. Or search for the service and disable it.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Odroid HC2 8TB WD red too big?.

On the HC2 SATA is provided by a JMS578 USB3-to-SATA bridge. This bridge supports LBA48 without issues (largest disk capacity possible 144 petabytes) hut you might need to check the JMS578 firmware. In case you often power off the HC2 you might also need…
  • palvardeich -

Replied to the thread Can not perform any actions on shared folders.

Thank you for your advice. I'm not sure that I fulfilled your recommendation correctly. Here is the result of my experiment: Shell-Script (77 lines)Unfortunately, i have the same error as it was in the beginning.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Quote from raulfg3: “Quote from subzero79: “Portainer needs only two binds mounts, one for accessing the Unix socket and another one for making the settings persistent( the admin password). A guide should be enough, we shouldn’t need a plugin for…
  • Guitoumaster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you want to use new/different partition table, you could setup the new drive with at least one partition/filesystem for the OS. Then you could rsync/copy/whatever the files to the new partition. To get things working, you…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread New omv-theme changer based on Wolf2000Pi/omv-theme.

Might be handy if you run more than one OMV server. Makes it easier to see what NAS you are on, if you have several tabs open for several NASes.
  • happyreacer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker-Containerst must restart manual after OMV restart.

open okay, by the way, How can I insert a picture here? ?(
  • hoppel118 -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from subzero79: “Portainer needs only two binds mounts, one for accessing the Unix socket and another one for making the settings persistent( the admin password). A guide should be enough, we shouldn’t need a plugin for making run a container,…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker-Containerst must restart manual after OMV restart.

Quote from flmaxey: “I use "restart always". (And using "restart always" does not prevent the user from manually stopping a container.) I have only one Docker, at the moment, but it restarts with the server without fail and it has an external link to…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Quote from subzero79: “Portainer needs only two binds mounts, one for accessing the Unix socket and another one for making the settings persistent( the admin password). A guide should be enough, we shouldn’t need a plugin for making run a container,…
  • happyreacer -

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Please post config to show how one of the dockers is set up. Thanks. ” What configuration? That of a container? How do I get it out?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Odroid HC2 8TB WD red too big?.

No, it is not too big. I use 12TB Seagate Ironwolf. No problem. But I had a similar problem initially. If I changed anything under Physical disk properties, then the HDD would unmount itself after a short while and reboot didn't help. The reason may be…