Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• indragm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Quote from flmaxey: “If you're using individual drives in docks: - Try swapping drives into the other drive's dock . - Power on the R-PI with only one drive at a time. - Replace the USB power supply for the R-PI. (A samsung galaxy smart phone supply,…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Howto apply a static ip address to omv: From the menu select Network On the network menu bar select Interfaces In the Name column select select Edit A configuration box will appear, under IPv4>>>Method from the drop down select static, that's it fill…
  • Muffkins90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OVM NIC Bonding Questions/Troubles.

Well the only thing i could put it down as to why it wasn't working was something to do with OMV cause i switched over to a 2K12 machine and its SMBMC worked straight out of the box. I thought OMVs SMB version would be good enough but doesnt seem that…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

If you're using individual drives in docks: - Try swapping drives into the other drive's dock . - Power on the R-PI with only one drive at a time. - Replace the USB power supply for the R-PI. (A samsung galaxy smart phone supply, at +2 Amps, will stand…
  • dhanushkak -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update Latest OMV 4.x update failed on raspberry pi 3b+.

Hi All, I had to re-install everything as the updates I got after this kept appearing as well while some of them actually never get upgraded. Then one day the rpi just stopped booting. I downloaded the latest OMV image and used it to set it all up…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from flmaxey: “Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :) ” I installed pi-hole on a dietpi VM running in virtualbox. I can't imagine a better way to do it other than using an actual raspberry PI. The only…
  • flmaxey -

I'd have to agree with @geaves. If you can't use Google's DNS in OMV, something is going on with OMV's network settings. BTW: you don't have to used Google's public DNS servers. There are plenty to chose from. DNS servers Take a look here -> guide
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from flmaxey: “Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :) ” I installed pi-hole on a dietpi VM running in virtualbox. I can't imagine a better way to do it other than using an actual raspberry PI. The only…
  • Nefertiti -

Well I assigned the ip 192. 168.2 220 in the router outside the DHCP poll witch is 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.200 but even after rebooting router and PI,OMV is still 192.168.2.122 I also tried to put the same static ip in OMV, still this error: Error…
  • jollyrogr -

Quote from flmaxey: “Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :) ” I installed pi-hole on a dietpi VM running in virtualbox. I can't imagine a better way to do it other than using an actual raspberry PI. The only downside to having it run…
  • flmaxey -

--subnet=192.168.178.2/99 ________________________________________________________ /99 ist kein gültiges Subnetz Wenn Sie Ihren MacVlan einrichten (wie gezeigt -> link), sollte Ihr Subnetz-Eintrag dem folgenden ähneln: 192.168.178.0/24 /24 setzt…
  • BUFU1610 -

Replied to the thread How to disable IPv6 Privacy Extensions.

Really? There's nobody out there that can help me fix my ipv6 to keep the same static interface identifier?
  • geaves -

Quote from Nefertiti: “OMV is using a static IP in the router ” That's not what I asked!! To assign a static IP address to something on your network it needs to be outside of the DHCP scope/range, if your OMV was allocated an IP from the DHCP and…
  • Nefertiti -

OMV is using a static IP in the router Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
  • geaves -

Quote from Nefertiti: “I am stuck at the beginning as soon as I want to use the google DNS ” Does your OMV use DHCP or a static IP?
  • Quote from Tomte: “Thanks for the answer! It was an USB drive, I pulled it off. Not nice, but I did it. Is this really the problem? Do I need to find it, attach it, and then I can remove it? ” Yes!! Attach the drive, remove any shared folders…
  • Thanks for the answer! It was an USB drive, I pulled it off. Not nice, but I did it. Is this really the problem? Do I need to find it, attach it, and then I can remove it?
  • ricardoporto -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Like (Post)
    Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to edit Omv environmental…
  • ricardoporto -

Liked Roosey’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Like (Post)
    This worked for me and my Plex docker transcode directory thanks!