Recent Activities

• Jeffrey Pascoe -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Thanks for the reply. If there are better options than a drobo, I like to hear a few recommendations that work well with OMV as I am all ears at the moment. Cheers
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Computer won't connect.

Take a look at this guide. Start with a new shared folder on page 46. (Follow the example as it is.) When it's complete, cross check your server short cut, and make sure it's setup according to the Win10 How-To. (Note: The IP address you enter in…
  • TheLostSwede -

The Drobo's are terrible in terms of performance. Having used one of the "big brand" NASes for a few years, I'm much happier with OMV, as there are constant updates, something you don't get from the big brands, instead they bundles the updates and…
  • TroyO -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?.

Thanks all for the help.... ends up I was looking in the wrong place. It was just a mechanical issue with the drive enclosures themselves. They weren't holding the drives firmly plugged in to the SATA connector, so it jacked up the mounting. When I…
  • BackWoodsTech -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with WiFi Driver (Update).

Success! I've got the RockPro64 connected (wired) to the TP Link Router connected (wireless) as a client to my Verizon JetPack! I"m actually sending this message from RDP into GNOME (using Midori) on the RockPRo. Right now the JetPack is handing out IPs…
  • BackWoodsTech -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Help with WiFi Driver (Update).

Like (Post)
    Quote from BackWoodsTech: “I'll be happy to post the results if its useful. ” I've seen a couple of people say lately that they have to use wireless. So, this would probably be useful.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

There is no should. Whatever works is OK. Most likely the most efficient way to copy the files would be if both HDDs are connected to the same Linux computer over SATA. But if you are not in a hurry then you can most likely do the transfer over the…
  • wing999 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Network gone after update.

I use DHCP too, and updated in the web ui.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

I've been testing Pi-hole/Unbound on an R-PI B. The only way I could drive the R-PI CPU to 100% was to update "Gravity" in the Pi-hole admin page, and that was momentary, toward the end of the update. Switching pages, in Pi-hole hit the CPU for…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from flmaxey: “Pi-hole is offered as a package in their software installer so they'd almost have to work through version upgrade issues ” :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: then why did I install from the cli!!!!
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

On the rsync errors: You know that Plex may be working, potentially around the clock, collecting metadata for your media files. Along those lings, the first thing rsync does when a job is started is to scan the source and destination, to generate a…
  • thegameksk -

Replied to the thread Help with my proposed build.

MODS please delete. When I posted it gave me an error message but for some reason my thread posted twice.
  • tornadox -

Liked Belokan’s post in the thread OMV 3.x VirtualBox ERROR.

Like (Post)
    And of course I found it right after posting ... Virtualbox 5.1.8 and kernel 4.9 error Sorry for the question and thanks for your help ! Have a a nice week end
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

I had my Rsync set to backup my Odroid-hc1 in the wee hours of Monday. Today was my first go. My Cron Daemon notifications woke me early this morning with all kinds of bad news. One message started like this: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl…
  • botteur -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Transmission-OpenVPN & Mullvad. Needs Helps !.

Thread
    Hi ! Apparently I'm not the first person to have problems with this dock worker. Yet I strictly followed the @TechnoDadLife video tutorial but it just doesn't work. In the docker's status, it reboots continuously and I can't even display the web control…
  • Jeffrey Pascoe -

Thanks for the reply. It has given me something to think about. I might just build another server an i3 chip. I might also look at a drobo or something similar Cheers
  • FabrizioMaurizio -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from macom: “If you want to avoid CLI you can as well setup a job using rsync from the WebGUI of OMV. ” So should both drives be attached to the rock64 or should the NTFS one be on a different windows machine?
  • makovz -

Replied to the thread OMV doesn't go in standby from web GUI, but pm-suspend works from command line.

the equivalent power-management commands (pm-suspend and pm-suspend-hybrid) seem working fine
  • satanas17 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

Quote from macom: “You probably have a DNS problem. ” hi and thanks for answering...Here is my configuration Edit : attempting update of plugins list and here is the message i've got after changed DNS for Google's : (sorry, not enough place on…