Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x RAID5 on raspberry with USB drives.

Quote from kuschi: “I have a similar setup on an Odroid XU4 with two USB3 drives in RAID1 mode ” Really bad idea. Almost all those concerns apply to your XU4 situation too: RAID with Raspberry Pi USB RAID especially with all drives behind an USB hub is…
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x eMMC vers SD card.

Thank you for the answer. I will stick with good SD cards as you recommend. So far I have not had any SD wear out on me. I have been using Sandisk cards. Rich Prim
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread No network interface(s) available on clean install - ASRock a75m-itx.

So the network continues to work after install with the intel nic? Which version of omv?
  • MrTestOne -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

I added the latest approaches to the first page summary and would for now treat this issue as "solved", even though it is just somehow a walkaround. However it feels to be solid enough.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Send Logs to a log server.

Go to 'Diagnostics | System Logs' and then to the tab 'Settings'.
  • kuschi -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x RAID5 on raspberry with USB drives.

Is there any update on this topic? I have a similar setup on an Odroid XU4 with two USB3 drives in RAID1 mode. After every reboot I have rebuild the RAID. Luckily, this is only a test system right now and no data got lost so far. I modified Tjareson…
  • kuschi -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Send Logs to a log server.

Thread
    Hi, To setup OMV to logs via email is easy but where do I find the settings how to configure my box to send the logs to a log-server (IETF or BSD format)? Thanks, Martin
  • fusioninfo -

Posted the thread No network interface(s) available on clean install - ASRock a75m-itx.

Thread
    Hello, having an installation issue with with latest OMV on a desktop mini pc, with an ASRock A75M-iTX motherboard. It has onboard gigabit lan, and after install it doesn't see any network interfaces. In the install phase, it sees the nic and gets dhcp…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

You're welcome and it's good to have you coming on-board with OMV. It's the best NAS system around. Let us know how it goes.
  • mrperfektone -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Execution failed Service nginx.

Like (Post)
    Source Code (2 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Execution failed Service nginx.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from tkaiser: “Wrong. OMFG, why is everything related to RPi such a mess? I disable notifications for this thread now and try to forget about these crappy Raspberries and the surroundings... ” So you didn't actually disable notifications... This…
  • mrperfektone -

Thanks for the help, how should it look in crontab to run daily? - and should I create the crontab with root user is not Linux nerd: / If you can write the line I have to put in crontab -e I put it in - thank you :)
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mrperfektone: “No error messages after it started ” Well, then 'known problem' that we tried to address already upstream (in Armbian -- but the new packages will take some time to be available as updates) You might want to add a cron job…
  • mrperfektone -

Ssh run now and I have a connection that was only a period after restart where I could not connect: / Just looks strange with all the errors and no errors now after I ran the command you gave me :): /?
  • tkaiser -

Hmm... in case you did not activate SSH already it gets complicated now. Since it's an XU4 display and keyboard to the rescue?
  • mrperfektone -

Now I got connected via ssh and ran the command: "mkdir -p / var / log / nginx; touch /var/log/nginx/access.log; touch /var/log/nginx/error.log reboot " No error messages after it started :)
  • mrperfektone -

Now I can not access ssh - And get these mails: Data access error Service omv-engined Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:40:41 Action: alert Host: odroidxu4stue Description: process with pid 1200 is a…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux.

I think it is the case. I just tried two sticks with OS X Mavericks and Etcher and they both did not even show up in UEFI boot for chosing.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux.

Quote from bvrulez: “It never crossed my mind that UEFI is not supported. Is this common knowledge? ” Don't think so. And I'm still not entirely sure since neither a (missing) readme.txt at download location or the FAQ mentions anything: