Recent Activities

• adigcoool -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk missing after SMB configuration, copy from disk.

Thanks a lot. Will give this a shot tonight. I also have a 3Tb wd red to compare against, I'll install it and run the same process and see if the result is the same. This way I can rule out the disk and it for warranty if need be. I'll get back with…
  • adigcoool -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Disk missing after SMB configuration, copy from disk.

Like (Post)
    Quote from adigcoool: “Is WD underpowered and when I copy it maxs out on power? ” Only you can answer such questions by looking into the logs and doing some tests :) If you repeat your test and the disk disappears again, log into your OMV host via SSH and…
  • denny2k2 -

Replied to the thread Help with Reverse Proxy - Letsencrypt + Heimdall.

Quote from raulfg3: “change last line to 192.168.023:8081 same that actually but witouth "s" ” I actually tried that already but I got: "502 Bad Gateway" as a result when going to d3nny.duckdns.org Tried it again and got the same result.…
  • raulfg3 -

change last line to 192.168.023:8081 same that actually but witouth "s"
  • maxspeed -

Replied to the thread permission problem in mariadbserver.

here log bro KM0201 problem : owncloud work but mariadb not work when change host path to specific path but when leave default mariadb work i want use mariadb linked with owncloud database not used sqlite
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk missing after SMB configuration, copy from disk.

Quote from adigcoool: “Is WD underpowered and when I copy it maxs out on power? ” Only you can answer such questions by looking into the logs and doing some tests :) If you repeat your test and the disk disappears again, log into your OMV host via SSH and…
  • KM0201 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Security warning: update Putty NOW!.

Like (Post)
    OMV users relying on Putty to administrate other hosts via SSH should upgrade immediately to at least version 0.71 released two days ago. The list of security related fixes is 'impressive' (total disaster): - Security fixes found by an EU-funded bug…
  • adigcoool -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Disk missing after SMB configuration, copy from disk.

Thread
    Hi All, I have a bit of a strange behavior with OMV 4.1.3 . I use an old acer M1610 machine, with one 2.5" 80 GB hd for OMV and a WD Red 2Tb as storage. I installed OMV and configured SMB with a shared folder on the WD Red. Disk is present in the…
  • denny2k2 -

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “That means that your config file is wrong. Why don't you post a screen shot of your config file? It's hard to give advice when you aren't showing anything. ” Sorry, I agree that you all aren't mind readers!…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from maxspeed: “KM0201 i know the name its wrong but becuase because I'm tired of tryingDo not bother to name the most important idea the main problem its permission ” The looks of it, the permissions on the folder are 100%…
  • Danceswithcats -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Missing update package index on new install.

Like (Post)
    Totally not helpful for your problem, but when I saw your username yesterday reminded me of something from my youth (some would say it's sad, some would say it's funny... I kinda lead towards sadly funny)... When my youngest sister was like, maybe 4? so…
  • maxspeed -

KM0201 i know the name its wrong but becuase because I'm tired of tryingDo not bother to name the most important idea the main problem its permission
  • MrScavenge -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Help! Trying to run Terraria server..

Thread
    Howdy all I am trying to run this docker so I can use my OMV set up to have a 24/7 terraria server, I have followed his instructions but I am still unable to connect to the server when it is running. I was not sure if this docker might just be outdated…
  • maxspeed -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread permission problem in mariadbserver.

Like (Post)
    I'm assuming you realize it is named "nextclud" and not "nextcloud"..? Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a log.
  • tkaiser -

Posted the thread Security warning: update Putty NOW!.

Thread
    OMV users relying on Putty to administrate other hosts via SSH should upgrade immediately to at least version 0.71 released two days ago. The list of security related fixes is 'impressive' (total disaster): - Security fixes found by an EU-funded bug…
  • TechnoDadLife -

That means that your config file is wrong. Why don't you post a screen shot of your config file? It's hard to give advice when you aren't showing anything.
  • Danceswithcats -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Missing update package index on new install.

Quote from KM0201: “If you can SSH as root, but you cannot as a user, then there's about a 99.8% chance your user is not in the SSH group. In OMV go to Access Rights Mgmt/Users. Look at the groups that your user is a member of. One of them should be…
  • KM0201 -

I'm assuming you realize it is named "nextclud" and not "nextcloud"..? Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a log.
  • thewer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Syncthing plugin - enable per schedule (to stop HDD).

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! :) So I don't have to address the plugin at all?! That would of course simplify things... I'll give it a try, thanks. (I'll give systemctl disable syncthing@MyUser.service a go)
  • Danceswithcats -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Missing update package index on new install.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Danceswithcats: “I can log in as root, but not as user in ssh, so I've run apt-get update. I'm afraid there's a lot of it. root@vaulti:~# apt-get update Get:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease Ign:1