Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tkaiser -

Posted the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Thread
    Many of us, we use the Raspberrypi because of its low power requirements. For a home server, running 5 watts when the drives are asleep is great. Like running a night light. Rich Prim
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from flmaxey: “If the competition in SBC's were either a bit cheaper ” That's funny :) I am not able to call Gigabit Ethernet equipped NanoPi NEO2 or Orange Pi Zero Plus expensive especially since 4 times better 'OMV performance' compared to any…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from richprim: “running 5 watts when the drives are asleep is great. ” I would call 5W 'way too high' in such a situation but what do I know? :) Just kidding, the problem with those Raspberries is that they're not only slow as hell (IO/networking is…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from richprim: “Many of us, we use the Raspberrypi because of its low power requirements. For a home server, running 5 watts when the drives are asleep is great. Like running a night light. Rich Prim ” I get it Rich. I have an R-PI too. I…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Quote from flmaxey: “Wow.. Looking at the above on a new day, well,, I guess I need to learn not to hold back! ” I thought you had your politician hat on or you were just in 'soap box' mode :D but it makes one feel better to get a few things off one's…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems + OS Reinstall.

A unionfilesystem storage pool only references the data drives and presents their contents as a virtual pool. It doesn't change the actual contents of the data drives in any way. If you want documentation about UnionfileSystems on OMV 3.x, then read up…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

I have a ZFS pool up and running in a mirror. After all the preaching I've done on the subject,,, RAID! 8o Here's to hoping the hype is true, that ZFS in a mirror can detect and safely correct bitrot. (I may use a sector editor to actually test file…
  • saitoh183 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Problem with mount.

Many of us, we use the Raspberrypi because of its low power requirements. For a home server, running 5 watts when the drives are asleep is great. Like running a night light. Rich Prim
  • thermodust -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems + OS Reinstall.

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Amlogic S905X.

Quote from metRo_: “Have a try and post some performance test ” S905X is an el cheapo TV box SoC and only implements Fast Ethernet which is slow Ethernet these days. You'll be limited to 10MB/s max and it will look like with a Raspberry Pi 2 or…
  • saitoh183 -

Quote from gderf: “Try this. Make a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml Open /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for editing. In the <fstab> section locate and remove the applicable <mntent> ...... </mntent> section. Save the file and…
  • metRo_ -

Have a try and post some performance test :)
  • gderf -

Try this. Make a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml Open /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for editing. In the <fstab> section locate and remove the applicable <mntent> ...... </mntent> section. Save the file and reboot.
  • saitoh183 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Problem with mount.

Thread
    Hi, At one point i needed to mount a drive in order to move data off it and then change it to ext4 and mount it under another mount point name. I had a crash and was forced to reboot and now the system is always looking for the old mount point and i…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread My 64TB build.

Quote from Ammiraglio: “As far as I understood it, the unionfs simply pool together different filesystems from different phyisical disk to act like they're one disk. If you take away one disk from the NAS the data in it will still be readable. So if…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Dmraid support? (answer -> no!).

Quote from rickey.mandraque: “Than you. ” Your title change is misleading. dmraid is supported on Linux and you can use it with OMV. You just can't make settings changes in the web interface.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Remote Mount File System Issues.

Quote from McDuff: “I tried the server name by itself ” That is what it should be. That doesn't mean your OMV server is resolving the windows name though. As for documentation, what else do you want? For the server name, it tells you exactly what…
  • McDuff -

Replied to the thread Remote Mount File System Issues.

The share is hosted on a windows 10 machine and set up to allow guest access. There was no documentation for syntax for the share names, so I tried a whole bunch of things. I tried the server name by itself, and with preceding slashes. I tried changing…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “That's what I get for trying to use my memory ” No one can be blamed given Amlogic's weird SoC names :) The S905X for example is crippled wrt Ethernet compared to S905 but supports ARMv8 AES crypto extensions -- in my tests always…