Recent Activities

• votdev -

Replied to the thread 2 NIC.

The System|Network|Interfaces tab only displays configured devices AND ONLY the configured infos. The network interface dashboard widget will display all interfaces with their current IP/MAC/... instead.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Quote from fergbrain: “Updating python to the Debian's testing branch seems to resolve the issue ” The 'issue' is a harmless warning not justifying to break Debian's package management! For anyone else reading this: please simply do this…
  • fergbrain -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Updating python to the Debian's testing branch seems to resolve the issue: Add 'testing' to sources.list: # sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main Make the 'stable' repository default on your…
  • dertourist48 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Extending storage. Raid 1 to raid 5.

Most of my data consist of media files (music, movies and photos) and I will primarily use the NAS for my Home Cinema. So right now, I do not need the NAS to run 24/7.
  • paddl82 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Oracle VirtualBox - Remote Display - Settings fehlen.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can´t connect to WEB GUI.

This is definitely not the OMV login prompt. Are you sure you’re using the correct host and port?
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from silk186: “I don't have experience working with any type of RAID. ” Another reason to create regular backups of your data :) ” ... and a very good reason not to use RAID. Besides, with RAID you may risk loosing all data…
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Like (Post)
    If you really need to backup the OS drive every day you are doing something seriously wrong and your thoughts about using flash memory for the OS can be scrapped. Then you need a SSD. On the root filesystem I ONLY have apps and configuration. No, or at…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Kodi (formerly XBMC) for OMV - test phase.

Let me preface by saying I love Kodi.. Been using it a few years and even after setting up Emby and really liking it.. I still found myself going back to Kodi. I guess I'm trying to figure out why anyone would go to such great lengths to do this. There…
  • Paradido -

Liked kribby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MergerFS folders not mounted in /sharedfolders.

Like (Post)
    I solved all my issues with mounting MergerFS shares at startup by commenting out the AssertPathIsDirectory directive that referenced the MergerFS folder being shared. For example: Source Code (19 lines)My only guess as to why this works is that Systemd…
  • brazilianmf -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can´t connect to WEB GUI.

Thread
    Hi, I have a raspberry with OMV. I couldn´t remember my WEB passwd so I reset it on omv-firstaid, but still can´t log in. It says: Log In fail, nopower! Didn-t find anything online about this. Can someone please help?
  • Galeots -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install Intel 9560 WiFi driver.

I also tried a guide but I do not really ask for a hand!
  • Fade2Gray -

Replied to the thread Docker prune now working to reclame space?.

Hi geaves, I have tried using that command ( docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi ) however it did not work and which l am still getting the same results posted in the above screenshot after running the docker system df…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sftp nat error?.

Have you tried this test? canyouseeme.org/
  • Tobbe82 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sftp nat error?.

Thread
    Hi there, I’m new to the world of OMV and trying to set up a SFTP acc for a friend of mine. Being on my lan the service (port 222) works as intended, but connecting from outside my lan is getting me errors. Obviously I’m looking into my routers port…
  • Galeots -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Kodi (formerly XBMC) for OMV - test phase.

With the new version do not compile and by mistake to install the video drivers, give me a hand !?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from Robbin: “It arrived! 4x SATA HAT for NanoPi M4 ” And it should work out of the box: cnx-software.com/2019/02/19/4x…eo-m4-nas/#comment-560924
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Your proven iptables rules for Docker.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Hi JohnStiles, I don't use iptables as a home user. Are you using this in an office environment? ” iptables at home, even g / ufw ... as long as there is an active firewall. Generally, I am curious about the network…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Docker prune now working to reclame space?.

Quote from Fade2Gray: “Thanks for your help ” You need to run the command in @TechnoDadLife video that should solve the problem, but thanks for the docker system df, I had some reclaimable space in Volumes :thumbup: