Recent Activities

• maxxfi -

Liked Virgil.A’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Like (Post)
    // this is edited to make this topic starter more relevant. Hi everyone, I always wanted my own managed server, mostly because I moved from my country to the UK and I wanted to create a VPN and Cloud, finally did it with OMV (Freenas was a nightmare)…
  • ThiloL -

Replied to the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Which Wifi PCIe card is recommended for goot linux compatibility? Any suggestions?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Various problems getting started with Odroid HC (best practice).

No. It is already enabled, as shown. For modern OS and drives the write cache is usually always(?) on by default. It would otherwise have a very bad effect on performance.
  • budpad -

Replied to the thread Various problems getting started with Odroid HC (best practice).

Quote from Adoby: “... [ 34.555732] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA ” Same message for me. So do I have to activate the write-cache within OMV-Settings?
  • Adoby -

My hdd has write caching enabled by default. I think that is true for most NAS hdds. Check what this command says: dmesg | grep "Write cache" For me with a Seagate Ironwolf it says: [ 34.555732] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache:…
  • baldy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NUT UPS Plugin - unable to configure the ups.

Sorry for the delay - This patch gives me this in the error dialog - Source Code (17 lines)
  • youtu.be/0KC2-DDwHmg Today,we install FileZilla is a FTP file management tool on Openmediavault.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x update finished with errors.

You can ignore the weakref.py error. There are many posts about it. To get rid of the error: wget -O /usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6/Lib/weakref.py
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Plex Media Server ERROR.

Did you do what is suggested? Quote from Maxi: “See "systemctl status plexmediaserver.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. ” However, it is suggested to use plex in docker. It is really easy to set up.
  • wombat -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Will not you switch to a newer Python package? 3.5+. Clear, I understand that this is a cosmetic problem and can be manually repaired. But I do not understand why 2 years ago this has not moved anywhere and this "problem" is visible at every…
  • budpad -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to login to MariaDB, "Acess Denied".

Understood - actually same for me with understanding the stuff. But I also want to know, why linuxserver.io instead of original docker image of nextcloud.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install bitwarden.

Just installed it on a VM. Unfortunately it did not complete as the drive is too small. System requirements says 10GB of disk space. It is installing in Docker. You end up with a number of container that are visible in docker-gui-plugin, Before…
  • GuyFromMars -

Because, as a beginner, I want to follow tutorials, until I understand the software myself. Technodad happens to be very active here on OMV with extensive tutorials. Unfortunately, I have run into a number of hiccups. ...Since I dual-boot, I was hoping…
  • camjesus2 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk Usage empty.

WOW! One goes to bed and all Hell brakes loose... Ok.So, details: 1) OMV 4.1.19-1 2) Kernel 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 3) zfs 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1 A few more (ir)relevant details: 1) disks encrypted with luks 3.0.5/cryptsetup 1.7.3-4 2) zfs and luks (mostly)…
  • budpad -

Why should I use linuxserver.io/nextcloud and mariadb instead of the original paths within docker? Is there any difference?
  • budpad -

Thx. Will use EXT4. What about write-caching? Do have the function within OMV to on/off the write-cache?! so what's the best way? - System SD-Card write-cache yes/no? - WDRED 4TB HDD write cache yes/no? - another SSD connected to USB-portal write cache…
  • Joe_PS -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Darkplatinum: “How about Odroid boards, or the Tkiner board? ” ODROID HC1 and HC2 are nice NAS devices, the XU4 which is based on exactly the same components and 100% software compatible suffers from USB problems (just visit my signature).…
  • gderf -

My bad, I misread the OP. Disk usage works here. It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19.
  • hoppel118 -

OK, I did not do anything to get it to work. Source Code (2 lines)forum.openmediavault.org/index…0fe99a913adf7ab99f6e1a485 forum.openmediavault.org/index…0fe99a913adf7ab99f6e1a485 Regards Hoppel
  • ToB204 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV über USB installieren.

Hello and thanks for the answer, yes the USB Drive is not recognized and is not displayed in the boot options.I wanted to run the script install, but the USB Drive with Debian on it is also not recognized