Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Ignore existing files...

Quote from flyinjoe13: “I am rsync'ing my Movie directory to a backup OMV server. Everything is going fine but taking forever because of the large amount of data being sync'd. For the next time, I only want to sync what is new not the entire…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installer screen corrupted video - kernel parameters?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off Debian means OMV hardware support lags far behind the other mainstream distro's? ” The ISO uses the 4.9 kernel which I guess a bit behind others BUT…
  • KM0201 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Installer screen corrupted video - kernel parameters?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off Debian means OMV hardware support lags far behind the other mainstream distro's? ” The ISO uses the 4.9 kernel which I guess a bit behind others BUT as soon as you update…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installer screen corrupted video - kernel parameters?.

Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off Debian means OMV hardware support lags far behind the other mainstream distro's? ” The ISO uses the 4.9 kernel which I guess a bit behind others BUT as soon as you update…
  • MickBurke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

That's what it feels like! And like if it would work, it'll work... I'll look out for the video, thanks!
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from tkaiser: “Since OMV is not needed at all why not disabling it then anyway? ” Perhaps @Nefertiti may be interesting in doing this.______________________________________________________________________ Quote from tkaiser:…
  • Peter.Weyland -

Liked Peter.Weyland’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Installer screen corrupted video - kernel parameters?.

Like (Post)
    Hello OMV community. I booted from USB, the latest 4 ver OMV available on Sourceforge. First splash screen with a list of selections is fine. Press enter on 'Install' and I get corrupted unreadable video. I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off…
  • Peter.Weyland -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Installer screen corrupted video - kernel parameters?.

Thread
    Hello OMV community. I booted from USB, the latest 4 ver OMV available on Sourceforge. First splash screen with a list of selections is fine. Press enter on 'Install' and I get corrupted unreadable video. I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off…
  • flyinjoe13 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Ignore existing files...

Thread
    I am rsync'ing my Movie directory to a backup OMV server. Everything is going fine but taking forever because of the large amount of data being sync'd. For the next time, I only want to sync what is new not the entire directory again. To do this do I…
  • TechnoDadLife -

My next video is going to be about Urbackup. It’s pretty easy once you know where to look for stuff.
  • Aux -

Replied to the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Hallo zusammen, ich überlege gerade ob es einen Sinn machen würde OMV Forum nur für Deutschsprachige zu erstellen. Mein Englisch ist schwach und ich denke, dass genug Interessenten in deutscher Sprache folgen würden. BtW - Autor von OMV ist ein…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked Ralfi’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

Like (Post)
    I've installed qemu in my omv4 with a passend through CineS2 PCIe-Card. For setting-up my VMs i'm using the omv-remotedesktop, so i can do everything in the virtual Maschine manager using my tablet. No need for Cockpit, webwirtmgr or proxmox...
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!.

So lets see, qemu with kvm, running through Remote Desktop on the xfce ui. Very crafty! Sounds very interesting! I’ll look into it. Thanks, that sounds more elegant!
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Help with Reverse Proxy - Letsencrypt + Heimdall.

Lots of interesting things going. Are you using an apple device? Do you have your hard drives attached vis usb and trying to do zfs? There is a warning that says it doesn’t work if you try to do via usb.
  • macnb -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Migrating MariaDB MySQL Server Plugin to MariaDB Docker Container.

Thread
    Migrating MariaDB MySQL Server Plugin to MariaDB Docker Container In the new version of OMV 5.x, the MariaDB Plugin will most likely not exist and if you are currently using this Plugin, you will have to take a different approach to installing MySQL…
  • MickBurke -

Quote from macom: “There is almost nothing OMV specific. In the GUI of urbackup go to settings. In |general|server| you can specify the path for the backup storage. Should be something like /srv/dev-disk-by-label-yyyy/backup
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MergerFS folders not mounted in /sharedfolders.

Quote from kribby: “I'm still not sure which changes caused all of this in the first place ” Well here's a curve ball, I've just moved to MergerFS and SnapRaid from Raid5, I backed everything up, then removed SMB shares, followed by the shared…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.

Quote from Nefertiti: “About renewing the certificate,for sure you do not need to do a fresh install of the container just pass docker logs -f letsencrypt ” Not to steal away the thread (after 31 pages!) but I got that impression after I did so. I…
  • vcdwelt -

Replied to the thread Abandoned plugins.

It seems they working currently on their repo (read it in Forum). Also my Plex told me i have to install the Update manual. I have downloaded the latest Plex .deb and installed it manual. It seems all to work without any issues so far.
  • Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yes but you are getting away from the concept of docker. ” I tried adding that line to Dockerfile as my image showed, and while it didn't produce any errors during the build, cron was not running when the container started.…