Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from Marfio: “Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there.... ” Looks like it, is the controller fitted to the drive cage then connected to the board? Edit: Found the…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Quote from KM0201: “log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the…
  • geaves -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Like (Post)
    Stopping the array will make it disappear (from /dev/md127). Then it is not possible to add a disk any more. I used mdadm --assemble --scan (after stopping it) and then added the disk. The GUI did not know about my (inactive) array. So I could not…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Stopping the array will make it disappear (from /dev/md127). Then it is not possible to add a disk any more. I used mdadm --assemble --scan (after stopping it) and then added the disk. The GUI did not know about my (inactive) array. So I could not…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Like (Post)
    log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem.
  • Marfio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there....
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

No picture :) and what is your hardware when you say pc?
  • Darknesse -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

Thread
    Hello, I just finished installing omv 4 on my pc. After that I noticed that it took a lot of time to start, in fact I have the impression that at each startup it must search the connection to the internet. I put you below a picture of the page in…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread New Help me choose OMV.

Quote from borngborn: “Quote from KM0201: “I guess if you really must know if this will work (I'm assuming it probably would work w/ Debian) Install Debian 9 to a USB flash drive. Boot Debian 9 Follow those instructions See if you get the desired…
  • geaves -

Quote from bvrulez: “Does "wipe" mean I have to press it under the GUI for hard disks? ” Wipe in the GUI will wipe any signatures on the disk, you can then add it to your array, but I would add the disk via ssh. Without searching the forum I can't…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Thread
    Hello again. This aint as smooth as I expected... Tried to install twice. Following Techno Dad Life's video. Keep getting the same error messages. Any suggestion? Regards. forum.openmediavault.org/index…f8dd26351edde71599c701fcd
  • bvrulez -

I installed a new OMV and deleted the filesystem of my 7th disk in the Web-GUI. It is now not any more appearing in the GUI for file systems. But fdisk -l still shows a partition with a linux filesystem on that disk. Does "wipe" mean I have to press it…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

Like (Post)
    Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago.
  • josegd71 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fallo en la instalacion de pihole.

He seguido dos manuales uno por YouTube de technodalife y este manual captura de pantalla ahora no tengo, y donde intento instalarlo es en un Core do dúo un pc de hace 12 años
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install on USB successfull but stick gets different device name afterwards.

• bvrulez -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Install on USB successfull but stick gets different device name afterwards.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bvrulez: “When I pull out the installation USB my OMV stick gets device number /dev/sda. This results in an error upon boot (but after grub loaded). I am redirected to the initramfs promt. The error is "ALERT! /dev/sdb1 does not exist.…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount /dev/md0 and write to it?.

Quote from vladd: “boot my box from an usb drive with clonezilla(omv is not running at that moment) ” There is a plugin to allow you back up your omv configuration. Quote from vladd: “Another use-case: When I'm running docker containers on the…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install on USB successfull but stick gets different device name afterwards.

Quote from bvrulez: “When I pull out the installation USB my OMV stick gets device number /dev/sda. This results in an error upon boot (but after grub loaded). I am redirected to the initramfs promt. The error is "ALERT! /dev/sdb1 does not exist.…