Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Rock64 in drawer “pc case”, heating problem?.

Quote from Chrisjay: “But is it necessary? ” Most probably not. You can simply measure once the stuff arrived: Source Code (2 lines)The former will output SoC thermals and the latter HDD temps. I wouldn't be concerned if idle temperatures do not…
  • itsmyst -

Replied to the thread Downloads not working for torrents.

I may not be running an updated version of deluge as mine definitely doesn't look like that! imgur.com/a/VazqpiS Also I should mention that I've tried using both the relative and absolute paths when setting the download folder in deluge or qbittorrent.…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Downloads not working for torrents.

That setting is still there. See attached pic. You are using an incorrect download path. You are trying to use a host path in there and you need to use a container path. Post the screenshot of your Modify container screen Environment variables and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Well that didn't work out very well. While going through the script process..... ” Volker's OMV5 instructions will probably have to change since you can't add a repo without a key (unless you put trusted in the repo line but…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox VNC Issue.

Quote from marcsgirall: “So I’ve been trying to find the ConsoleImpl.cpp file to patch & I can’t for the life of me find it in the plugin version of VBox. ” As I posted in the other thread about this, I built the packages and put them here -
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

Quote from Rickboy333: “But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver?” Sure but not via the OMV web interface. You would do it just like any other Linux box. Assuming the disk was formatted on Windows and one…
  • jmccusker -

Replied to the thread Updated 3->4 and now POSTFIX ERRORS.

Think I might have fixed it. After running commands shown above I ran... Source Code (2 lines)Which returned a message about file master.cf. Nothing now in the log after login.
  • jmccusker -

Thanks for the help. Now showing this, which is what it did before my fiddling. Source Code (8 lines)
  • Rickboy333 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

Thread
    Hi, Sorry if this is a noob question since I'm new to Unix based systems. But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver? The motherboard of my fileserver is soon the only motherboard that has a actual floppy…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

Quote from carriba: “Is there anything else I can check within OMV4 so that I can further nail down the origin of the problem? ” So you're saying that if you open file explorer select network then in the address bar \\<ip address of omv> hit enter…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Quote from mipi: “PSU ? ... I have maybe 20-30 of these power supplies in my cave , even a hc2 would have one, don't get your point! ” My whole point was that using on 'oversized' PSU wastes energy for nothing. PSUs get really inefficient in the…
  • Pascal51882 -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam.

Ich habe mir hier schon alles mögliche durchgelesen. Nichts passt richtig zu meinem Problem. Da 2 Rechner schnellen Zugriff haben und 2 nicht wird Samba tuning wie im zweiten Link leider nicht viel bringen. Hängen alle am selben Switch und alle Kabel…
  • carriba -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

No here a recap again on my yesterday and again today accomplished findings: Access to an OMV4 server using SSH terminal prompt and FTP shared folder is working fine with all Windows7, macOS, and Windows 10 operating systems. Access to the same OMV4…
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Quote from tkaiser: “as long as it's really just the 'backup NAS' use case smile.png ” (1) You got me ;) Quote from tkaiser: “other than being an oversized PSU for a single disk setup.. ” PSU ? ... I have maybe 20-30 of these power supplies in my cave…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “Edit: Well that didn't work out very well. While going through the script process..... ” I'm sure I read somewhere that @macom was trying this.
  • geaves -

Liked cghill’s post in the thread Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing.

Like (Post)
    Wow, thank you @flmaxey for the very informative response as well as all the resources you linked. You make a very strong case for OMV and I think I will give it a try so I can sunset my DS211j. Thank you as well @geaves for helping me sort through…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

OMV3 is end of life, please upgrade to OMV4.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Your disk seems to be corrupted, i suggest to replace it. Check the status of the disk with SMART. If you've enabled emails notifications you'll get the notification that your system is under high load loadavg(5min) of 4.1 matches resource limit
  • votdev -

Try to recreate the postfix config Shell-Script (2 lines)
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x add monit entry.

Simply create a file called /etc/monit/conf.d/my-test.conf. Don't calll it something like 'openmediavailt-xxx.conf' and you're fine.