Recent Activities

• danieliod -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Hello, Since the update and the fix every time I restart, the service docker.service do not start automatically. Is there a way to resolve it and load the service automatically again?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Quote from Walster: “pastebin.com/4Zw0kdJE ” At the time below, you removed the plugin (guessing from the web interface) and this removed the plugin settings and docker which removed your dockers. There is nothing we can do to prevent losing your…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

Did you wait long enough during the first boot and re-boot cycle?
  • Walster -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from flmaxey: “I think the first thing I'd try is a new DNS server (IP address) or two. ” I've just read this and bookmarked the link, more config :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

Quote from Nefertiti: “dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4. ” The dot after the last four might actually be causing this but I haven't tested. The rest looks fine.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Walster: “Not sure whats going on here but would be great if you could point out a path to resolution. ” This really shouldn't happen unless you remove the plugin from the web interface (which would purge docker) and then re-install. …
  • Walster -

@ryecoaaron First of all, thank you for all the support you give out. Your time is valuable and I recognise the time you put in here. I ran the update Sunday evening and also ran into an issue with Docker losing all images and running containers. I can…
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nefertiti: “Since it is not working for me is there a way to resolve it thru CLI? ” If the interfaces.d file is gone and /etc/network/interfaces is correct, then I don't know how to fix it. What does your…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Nefertiti: “Since it is not working for me is there a way to resolve it thru CLI? ” If the interfaces.d file is gone and /etc/network/interfaces is correct, then I don't know how to fix it. What does your /etc/network/interfaces look like?
  • Revers62 -

Replied to the thread slow SSD vs HDD.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I guess updating the kernel won't help since you are using the latest. ” Hi Ryecoaaron I just comeback with some information, Hdparm can use --offset look at that ! without offset : Source Code (4 lines) with an offset…
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nefertiti: “How can I resolve this issue? I saw something about etc/NetPlan but I do not know if it can apply to OMV? ” Netplan is only on Ubuntu right now. So, this isn't the problem. For me, all I had to do…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

The OS partition should be at least 3 GB.
  • BC547 -

Hey Adoby, thank you for the info. I expanded the second partition by first logging in over ssh as root and then checking the partitions through 'parted -l' I searched for the SD-card which I identified by its size and then looked at the size of the two…
  • BC547 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - Updates fail: E 28 No space left on device.

Like (Post)
    There are two partitions on the card. A small /boot partition that is around 55 MB. That is fine. There should also be a root filesystem partition that is at least a few GB in size. If you install using a SD-card > 8GB then during the install process…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Nefertiti: “How can I resolve this issue? I saw something about etc/NetPlan but I do not know if it can apply to OMV? ” Netplan is only on Ubuntu right now. So, this isn't the problem. For me, all I had to do was remove the interfaces.d…
  • Nefertiti -

How can I resolve this issue? I saw something about etc/NetPlan but I do not know if it can apply to OMV?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “Have you had any issues regarding Pi-Hole? ” Actually, the only issue I had recently was the loss of historic data. I shut down my server for a week and on a restart, for some reason, the old data wasn't there. (That was a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

Like (Post)
    I found this simple guide docs.pi-hole.net/guides/unbound/ and am now running my own resolver on the pi-hole VM. Seems to work awesome.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

That's useful. Given the DNS shenanigans going on with ISP's and others, that's worth giving it a try. (And I think waiting 1 whole second, for a first time resolve process, is well worth the wait.)