Recent Activities

• Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Errors installing docker on OMV4.

Quote from bmhj2: “Thanks, @Nefertiti, I've tried that but it didn't fix the problem for me. So I'm still stuck with trying to enable the Docker CE repo, which still returns the error code quoted above. Is anyone able to help me work this out and get…
  • bmhj2 -

Thanks, @Nefertiti, I've tried that but it didn't fix the problem for me. So I'm still stuck with trying to enable the Docker CE repo, which still returns the error code quoted above. Is anyone able to help me work this out and get the repo working so I…
  • Nefertiti -

• bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Linear RAID suddenly disappeard.

Ryecoaaron , do you have a nice mergeFS tutorial ? i'd like to test it to leave the raid linear thanks
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page.

@TechnoDadLife I have a question: About 10:40 into the video on remote Nextcloud, you insert an EMAIL line in the letsencrypt container. I signed up with duckdns with my twitter account so my account doesn't have an email address associated with it, just…
  • bmhj2 -

Ah, @Nefertiti, I had not noticed your post here, and you appear to have had the same error as me. You say here that you fixed it by changing the DNS. I'm not sure how to do that - can you give me any pointers?
  • bmhj2 -

Liked Nefertiti’s post in the thread Errors installing docker on OMV4.

Like (Post)
    Since my SD was corrupted my only backup Did not have the docker installed so I am trying to do so I am going to OMV extra but When I activate DockerCE getting Source Code (17 lines)Never mind fixed it by changing DNS
  • bmhj2 -

Hi all, I've been having the same problem as timbatao, have managed to purge docker-ce and the openmediavault-docker-gui, so I've got as far as trying to follow instructions from @ryecoaaron here. However, at that point I can't enable the Docker CE…
  • madmax1201 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV keeps waking up a couple of seconds after going to suspend.

Thread
    Hi Folks! I had omv2 for years in use. I configured it to be awaken by WOL just for backups and going afterwards to suspend mode using the autoshutdown plug-in. But recently it wakes up just after a couple of seconds after going to suspend mode (by…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV - Resilio at startup.

Quote from Nito: “Moreover, following your advice, I'm going to test the other option (systemctl) ” Have you been successful? Any problems?
  • Have you been able to solve your issue? If yes, please post the resolution here, so that others can benefit from it.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ICONs Missing.

Might be something you need to ask in the Mint forums. forums.linuxmint.com/
  • cgerdes -

I did not give a good explanation of where ICONs are missing. ICONs are missing when I use the file explorer of Mint 19 which is Nemo 3.8.6 to access NAS. However, if I drag those files from the explorer to the Desktop the ICONs are correct. My…
  • razvanrudy -

Liked Sui_Generis’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OpenVPN + PIA - Complete Idiots Guide?.

Like (Post)
    Seeing as no one seems to be willing to step forward with the "Complete Idiots Guide to Setting Up OpenVPN On OpenMediaVault", I've had to go ahead & write my own. I hope this helps anyone who, like myself, is a Linux novice and a OMV noob. 1. Install…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to clean recycle.

Quote from whitetiger: “I think they are related to baskets that have not been emptied by cancellations. ” What do you mean with baskets? Do you mean these have been shared folders and you removed the shared folder in the GUI of OMV but not the…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Im Dexxa, Im new here :-).

Hi Dexxa, welcome to OMV. Glad to hear that your installation went well. In case you would like to invest in something more beefy than the RPi have a look here: Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose? OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices
  • whitetiger -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x How to clean recycle.

Thread
    Despite having empty shared folders, I have a lot of GBs busy on the file system. I think they are related to baskets that have not been emptied by cancellations. How can I empty them, from console or from web client?
  • Dexxa -

Posted the thread Im Dexxa, Im new here :-).

Thread
    Howdy all I am Dexxa, I am new to this forum, I've just turned my raspberry pi 2 into an openmediavault nas and loving it!!!! I got plex installed on it and couldn't be happier! Saves me keeping a big chunky PC on I hope you are all doing well 8o :thumbsup: :D
  • macom -

Quote from cgerdes: “all the ICONs are missing ” Do you mean in the GUI of OMV or somewhere else?
  • Adoby -

Reboot and check again. Both server and clients. Clear web browser cache. Try with another web browser. Then, if the icons really are gone and just not shown by the web-browser: Restore OMV4 rootfs from backup or reinstall. Check SD-card carefully. If…