Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved MiniDLNA FastForward over Samsung TV.

• ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Which hard drive?.

Backblaze study isn't useful to normal users,mainly because the cramp up 40 of those drives, so this is use case you will never make. Take the ones that are available to you,Seagate or WD doesn't matter.
  • Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from darkarn: “will there be any performance hit if my OMV boot disk is also used for VirtualBox? ” Depends on what you use OMV for and what the virtualbox guest(s) are doing. ” I am using OMV as my NAS (SnapRAID or…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Ntfs or ext4 file structure fix.

• Zippitysplat -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Ntfs or ext4 file structure fix.

Thread
    Is there an app or plug in that will unmount a drive and run fsck to fix the file structure of the drive or do I have to remove all share points and then run fsck
  • mediagiant -

Replied to the thread RAID5 missing.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “We have said over and over to not use raid on usb drives let alone an RPi. Very bad idea. If this command doesn't work, you are on your own. mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abc] If that works, omv-mkconf
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from hoppel118: “Is here anybody using kernel 4.17 in combination with zfs? Any problems? ” I'm somewhat surprised to find; with OMV4 - Kernel 4.17 and the ZFS 4.0.4 plugin, that a ZFS mirror is running well on an Atom D525 processor with 4GB…
  • ransur0t -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x email notifications error - dns issue.

Thread
    Hi, Immediately following my upgrade to arrakis several months ago, email notifications broke. As I use gmail's smtp server and account settings, I verified settings, and attempting a clean reconfigure using a new 2 factor app password, but without…
  • NeuronLC -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Again- login accepted, but immediately returns to login screen.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “What could file up a mostly static SD boot media? Graph data? ” Probably logs files. du -d1 -h / ” Hi, had the same Problem and du -d1 -h / pointed me in the right direction. Thank you.
  • vulcan4d -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Does not exist Service php-fpm email alert, followed with Does exist after Omv4 upgrade.

Thread
    After every reboot I now get OMV alerts that are a little odd: Does not exist Service php-fpm then I get Exists Service php-fpm Sounds like the monitor is checking too early before the service has a chance to start. Any ideas how to tell it to…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “Sorry, No. He does have a mirror already. He needs a backup. Removing the delete option will create a mess. A versioned backup is the solution. Did I mention rsnapshot? That does it all for you. Based on rsync by the…
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x no updates and only 3 active Add ons in the list.

I used a monitor and keyboard on the server and using omv-firstaid switched back to dhcp for Ethernet., updates are now working. Then after that i started omv-firstaid and put my 192.168.1.94 back in and all seems to be working properly now. In…
  • nbbt -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Permissions of files.

Looks like some of your unraid settings were copied among your files. That's why you were seeing this 91 owners, those were remains of previous acl's. Can you see your files from shell when logging over ssh or if you boot some live CD like Ubuntu? If yes…
  • Rizos39 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Using sym links in samba.

I answer to myself, in the hope it is helpfull for others :) The problem is that the destination of the symbolic link is inside of root@omv4vm:~# ls -lad /root drwx------ 5 root root 4096 Aug 13 20:46 /root root@omv4vm:~# ARgg ........ why that doesnt…
  • Jip -

Replied to the thread Can't login to AFP shares.

I didn't fix it in the end, but decided to go with Samba in Docker, which I mentioned in this thread. I guess the AFP problem was related to permissions. But I didn't figure out what exactly was wrong.
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved MiniDLNA FastForward over Samsung TV.

Isn't this a question you should be asking Samsung? A DLNA server simply allows the content to be seen by a DLNA compliant player, so if there is no support in the player, then it won't work.
  • Jip -

Replied to the thread Problem with simple file sharing.

Decided to try out if I could get it working with Docker. Finally got it up and running this way. Now that it's working, I'm not going to try the built in SMB service any more. I guess my initial problem was indeed related to permissions. So case…
  • NASNoob1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

I'm absolutely new to ZFS. I would like to use it because of the compression. Snapshots aren't interessting for me. I installed the omv-extras zfs-plugin into my OMV 4 setup. For testing purposes I have a free 4 GB usb stick without file system on…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Sorry, No. He does have a mirror already. He needs a backup. Removing the delete option will create a mess. A versioned backup is the solution. Did I mention rsnapshot? That does it all for you. Based on rsync by the way.
  • Rizos39 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Using sym links in samba.

Additional info I checked the /etc/samba/smb.conf and there are these change: root@omv4vm:~# diff smb-before.txt smb-after.txt 1c1 < root@omv4vm:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf > smb-before.txt --- > root@omv4vm:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf >…