Recent Activities

• ice.man -

Replied to the thread ServerOne Il Server NAS per Open Media Vault.

come ti dicevo, sto facendo piu fatica a trovare le motherboard embedded che non i case spervao di riuscire a fare un acquisto unico e comprarlo preassmblato da dover aggiungere solo le unità disco
  • ravennevar -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HDD Spindown Issues.

I installed hd-idle and set the following for all hard drives: APM - Disabled, AAM - Disabled, Spindown - Disabled, write cache - Disabled. The following was set for hd-idle: Source Code (29 lines)After reboot, the process was confirmed to be running.…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

here what I can get using a monitor photos.app.goo.gl/SpdoaZ3c8wdc1e6T9 still cannot access it beside it I even put it on my old PI # with a new card no difference ! How can I upgrade my 3.0 installation to 4.0 since all of sudden my privileges as user…
  • runout74 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How can I permanently remove entry from resolv.conf?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from OviumNewbie: “Can you think of anything in the omv v4 armbian build that would be imposing this new cloudflare dns server? ” Yep, I guess I never looked on the armbian image. They use resolvconf and the following file forces the system to…
  • 7ekhed -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Port Forward.

Thread
    Hello everyone. I am having an issue with port-forwarding my server (I know about the risks and dangers). I have port forwarded port 80, and setup a no-ip hostname. When I try to connect to it on my phone, or on my friends network, I get an error of…
  • ravennevar -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HDD Spindown Issues.

Hello. I decided to do a clean install of OMV and destroy the RAID6 array, so as to eliminate potential culprits. Right now I have not installed hd-idle. Everything referenced in this post is based on the default spindown ability of OMV. Here are the…
  • In many cases, the issues with Windows 10 connections to OMV Samba shares result from problems with Share settings, Network security settings and the SMB (Server Messaging Block) protocol level. Microsoft continues to change SMB implementations and push…
  • **Feedback is welcome by PM or E-mail to omvguide@gmail.com.**
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Notes
    Note 1. Add-on client firewalls should be set to “trust” the local network with Medium…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread srcsharedfolderref: The value '' is not an UUIDv4. in rsnapshot.

• tzinm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

Quote from subzero79: “2fa has nothing to do. If emails go through then script should work. Check the script is executable ” I don´t know why it doesn´t work. The script is executable, I leave two…
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

everything seems ever to be ok . :) Source Code (8 lines)
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x disk unmounted alone.

Quote from Adoby: “Is this the best description of the process: wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/software/jms578_fw_update ” Yes. It should work. I did similar with HC1.
  • epsilon2 -

Replied to the thread rsync on usb disk to local drive is very slow.

thx for deleting. it was never intened can u tell me please which system is using the drive? debian or omv. i am trying to copy around 1.5 TB and I am unsure what is going on. The process is running for 20h now. regards, epsilon2
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread rsync on usb disk to local drive is very slow.

Quote from epsilon2: “I am new ” You posted this thread five times. Please see problem #4 Solutions to common problems As for your problem, the system is using the drive. Not sure what you are trying to re-enable.
  • Adoby -

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Hmm this is quite fast, at least for me. My hdd is set to 300 minutes. Have you tried setting time(-t 10) in JMS578 firmware? It works in HC1, it may work in HC2.. ” No, I haven't. But I might try it. Thanks for that! Is this…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x crash omv-mkconf and omv-update.

Quote from foresthus: “File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 109 def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self) ^ TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation ” This error message clearly tells everyone that the file…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tobefond: “m2.SATA ” There is no SATA with RK3399. The image has been created the Armbian way (fully automated -- we don't fiddle around with images manually, they're all created 100% from scratch and then tested afterwards) and will work…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from Adoby: “I have not investigated further, my HDDs work fine on default settings, even if they spin down a little too fast for my taste. Less than a minute when idle. I would prefer 10 minutes or so. ” Hmm this is quite fast, at least for…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x crash omv-mkconf and omv-update.

I hope you didn't say yes to removing all of those packages. I would try: apt-get install --reinstall python3.5 python3 python3-apt
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

That looks fine. Now: apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix Post the output