Recent Activities

• CaptainWhale -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cant access OMV via Hostname.

Thread
    Hi, Is there a way to access files on my OMV via the Hostname? My OMV identifies as "vault" to the Network, it also gets shown as "vault" in the Network tab in Windows-Explorer. But when I click on it, it says that the Networkpath wasnt found. I also…
  • Pascal51882 -

Posted the thread OMV 0.4 Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, Ich habe aktuell das Problem bei WIn 10 1803, dass meine Zugriffe sehr langsam sind. Den Regedit habe ich schon getestet aber ohne Erfolg: (Hidden Content) Ich habe gelesen die Option "Zulassen, dass für Dateien auf diesem Laufwerk…
  • eBomber -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x No internal access to nextcloud.

Like (Post)
    You might try adding an entry to your LAN machine PCs hosts files tying subdomain.duckdns.org to the private IP address of your OMV machine. Or if your router supports NAT reflection, enable it.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

I like the idea of hacking a HH, the documentation is very good and there are steps of what to do if it goes wrong, the experimentation is a challenge, but I know I would get frustrated if I spent time on it and got…
  • kejXero -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox reinstall not working.

Thread
    Previously i have had the Virtualbox plugin installed with out any problems. Then i deleted the plugin via plugin control page in OMV. Now i would like to have the Virtualbox plugin up and running again, but when installing the plugin i get the following…
  • linds1234 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared Folders- Can't add new or change existing privileges on any.

Found the problem...further info in the SYSLOG of course: Source Code (2 lines)The OMV-SYS-Backup folder didn't exist. So I created it. All sorted.
  • linds1234 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared Folders- Can't add new or change existing privileges on any.

Thread
    Hi All, Everything is working fine on my OMV install, but recently I went to give a user privileges to an existing share (so they can see the contents via FTP) and it comes back with an error of: Source Code (1 line)The same error happens when trying…
  • mipi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Update Update hangs.

Thread
    Hi Folks, tried to update my OMV 4.1.13 but something is wrong: when I did "apt update && apt upgrade && omv-update" it stopped with ... Source Code (1 line) nano'd the file, commented the multiple entries. Now it breaks with; Source Code (3…
  • wing999 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Network gone after update.

I updated at 14 Nov 2018. And, yes, I think this is strange too.
  • Revers62 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sabnzbd Docker slow Download folder speed / Complete folder speed.

Thread
    I run Sabnzbd with Docker. All work nice. But I see we can test System performance (Pystone) and Download folder speed / Complete folder speed. I have 50 MB result for Download folder speed / Complete folder speed. it is a very low result compared to…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 10 setup long resync.

Sorry for the delayed response. Really there's no accounting for sync times on large drives in even larger arrays. There are too many factors involved (drive types, controllers, the type of array, etc). What did you do? How did it come out (or) how…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HP P420i, JBOD, Software raid vs hardware raid, etc.

If up-time is that important, is this a business server? RE your questions: - I'd go with software RAID for a single, but significant, reason. Hardware RAID permanently ties the array to a specific model card. With software RAID, RAID flags are added…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

RE Hacking the home hub - I like the idea! Buy one E-bay, flash it to unlock it and,,, it wouldn't work.... || ISP's are on to that. You'd have to spoof it's MAC address, other potential and unknown hardware identifiers (a key signature?) AND replicate…
  • Rimsonatoaster -

Replied to the thread Web GUI not acessible.

Quote from votdev: “The read only file system message is really important because this means no files can be created. Can you post the output? ” 'Failed to bind socket: read-only file system Failed to bind socket: read-only file system' Quote from…
  • scarabaeus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plugin remote-mount - Auto mount & reload shared folder after network failure.

Hello, If i can try something to help yu ... ;)
  • scarabaeus -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Openmediavault-backup - Command DD - Restore backup.

Thread
    Hello, Before i used script to backup my OMV using DD command. Here my commande used via my script : Backup backupcopy : dd if=/dev/sdb of=/mnt/backupcopy.iso bs=4MB REstore backupcopy dd if=/mnt/backupcopy.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=4MB It was very…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No internal access to nextcloud.

You might try adding an entry to your LAN machine PCs hosts files tying subdomain.duckdns.org to the private IP address of your OMV machine. Or if your router supports NAT reflection, enable it.
  • eBomber -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x No internal access to nextcloud.

Thread
    I installed nextcloud following the fantastic TechnoDadLife videos (thanks!) and it works perfectly. After that I followed his other video to, thanks to letsencrypt, be able to access safely from the outside. The problem I have now is that I can access…
  • eBomber -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Like (Post)
    Quote from kmal808: “That worked for me. Thanks for the fix ryecoaaron. For others wondering step by step....download the deb file, upload it in the plugins tab, then go to the updates management tab and select the update. Clear browser cache and you…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Error with static ip on rock64.

SOLUTION. To make it short so you don't need to read the whole thread. Go in OMV GUI configure network as static do not do apply on "The configuration has been changed...." or you will get an an error. remove file in etc/network/interface d and…