Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from mcgyver83: “Hi all, I'm running OMV with rpi2 since 2 years (with a lot of issue:( ) ” As expected, the hardware is not up to the job (NAS). Quote from mcgyver83: “Now I know that there are OMV images "dedicated"…
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot send notification mail for each login.

So: 1. How can I avoid to try to send and email each time I login into webGui? 2. what "domain" should I set as proper value?
  • drdownload -

Posted the thread File Organizer/Managment Tool with index Database?.

Thread
    Hi, I'm looking for a software that indexes and allowes me to manage my data drives. Something that has at least the metadata index and that allows me to interact with data selections (find duplicated etc). I know its something like a dms however I…
  • erlombard -

Replied to the thread DELUGE web-GUI in password loop.

well if somebody is ever looking for an answer to the same problem : uninstall the deluge plugin from the OMV GUI start an ssh session as root just run the following the following scrip : Shell-Script (1 line) it will delete the config files for…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mcgyver83: “Hi all, I'm running OMV with rpi2 since 2 years (with a lot of issue:( ) ” As expected, the hardware is not up to the job (NAS). Quote from mcgyver83: “Now I know that there are OMV images "dedicated" for rpi2. How can I…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mcgyver83: “I tried setting "local" as domain name in "network" page. ” Bad idea since this is a 'special' name used for link local usage: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.local
  • mcgyver83 -

I tried setting "local" as domain name in "network" page. I'm already using gmail as mail sender. In notification page there isn't a selection for "WebGui login" :(
  • mcgyver83 -

Hi all, I'm running OMV with rpi2 since 2 years (with a lot of issue:( ) Now I know that there are OMV images "dedicated" for rpi2. How can I migrate from my OMV3.0 to "OMV for rpi" without loosing settings?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) No interface in list.

@audi30tdi in network->interfaces is only for configuring. If empty there, then Omv hasn’t configured anything. If you want to configure click add, check there that all usable interfaces are there. For the current list go to the dashboard. Add the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMART reports bad sector.

Quote from mcgyver83: “The device is connected via Y cable to usb router port and usb raspberry port (so no power issue should happens) ” Really bad idea. Electric potential difference is a great recipe for destroying electronics. Since powering…
  • joq3 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Configuring Docker applications? Home Assistant repo?.

Thread
    Hi, I was about to install Jackett (torznab for Sonarr and Radarr). I read on their page that Docker is the best choice. So I installed Docker from the Docker CE in OMV-Extras. Enabled it, and left the Docker base, source and destination path…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x New user - Need help with starting.

Quote from DJDJDJDJ: “RPI has the following wires/items connected to it ” Try it with Ethernet only and all unnecessary power consumers disconnected (no HDMI, no USB). The green led is sufficient as an activity indicator. If you see activity then…
  • DJDJDJDJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x New user - Need help with starting.

Hi Guys, I tried again but I am still stuck at the same spot. Attached image shows where it stops. RPI has the following wires/items connected to it. - HDMI - Ethernet - External Power - USB Keyboard - 32GB SD Card I have checked the SD card for error…
  • raulfg3 -

you can change domain in : system -> Network -> General You must configure System notification to use external mail server to send messages You canenable / disable notifications on: system ->Notifications -> Notifications.
  • joq3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Radarr and Sonarr both giving errors about mono version.

Quote from SimonW500: “Update: now "http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main" seems to work fine. However.. any thoughts on getting this back into the automatic setup, somehow? ” I added this to the OMV-Extras under Repo:
  • mcgyver83 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Cannot send notification mail for each login.

Thread
    Each time I login into the web gui I receive an error mail saying it's not possible to send below mail due this error: Source Code (1 line) Source Code (12 lines)Where can I disable this mail or how can I set the proper domain?
  • audi30tdi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) No interface in list.

When I run omv-initsystem, I got a lot of lines With W:Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl..................for module r8169 Could that be the reason that I don't have any Interfaces in the list??
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMART reports bad sector.

Usb device is a TOSHIBA MQ01UBD100 USB 3.0 I didn't "censored" the line, I didn't get that the mouse was on the screenshot and the tooltip appeared. Attached the clear SMART table. I'm going to read the link proposed by @tkaiser about the red
  • gwaitsi -

Replied to the thread NFS different user mapping.

I don't understand that. when i set plex up, i found that the media meta and library data couldn't be updated unless the user was plex. so currently, i copy media up as myname:users but then have to chown to plex:users to be able to work with the…
  • gwaitsi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x shellinabox session closes too quick i.e. after user entered.

tekkb, i think you missed the point. I normally change the default port of 22 for devices that i connect to via ssh as a security precaution. if i am on the same LAN segment, routers don't even come into it... in fact i block all internal / external…