Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ellnic: “hey don’t come as standard with Debian though, so it’ll be something else. ” OMV adds a daily apt update. ” I didn’t realise that. All this time using it, and I never realised. :D Is it still apt-daily? Just for…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV system Standby via UI trigger not working.

Disabling swap is optional. On a system with enough ram, it won't use it anyway. But, if you want your system to suspend, you need swap (as you have found). An SSD should be able to handle the writes without the flashmemory plugin but I use it on my…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MySQL Cron Job Error.

Quote from David B: “I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been on vacation ” And we have finally found your problem. This is what the file should look like: Source Code (12 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “But you create an isolated solution and you will be on your own supporting it. ” Just like most the plugins I write for OMV because I rarely get any help and they are specifically for OMV. Quote from henfri: “If you extend…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Best NAS chases besides Odroid HC/1 and RockPro64 metal case?.

QNAP TS-251/TS-451 :: they run OMV very well) because they have an intel cpu and regular bios. Look at the mini-itx enclosures here as well - mini-box.com/Embedded-Systems
  • TOMillr -

Posted the thread Best NAS chases besides Odroid HC/1 and RockPro64 metal case?.

Thread
    I'm currently looking a some of the small form factor cases on the market to build myself a small NAS for home usage. Besides the Odroid HC1/2 and RockPro64 NAS case, are there any other HDD enclosures I should take into consideration?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread How big is the dev team?.

BTW: check your PM's - I wrote a short blurb on installing ZFS. (It got caught in the moderators queue.) While I think you'll do fine with the plugin install, and most default settings should work fine; the more important part of the post is setting a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from ellnic: “hey don’t come as standard with Debian though, so it’ll be something else. ” OMV adds a daily apt update.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from GreatBigGeek: “the fact that FreeNAS GUI is only usable by a shared root user. ” Same with OMV. Quote from GreatBigGeek: “Is it true? ” In reality, OMV is developed by a single user. The contributors are just submitting small…
  • GreatBigGeek -

Yes I am not a big fan of the fast that FreeNAS is BSD based - that to me is a major limitation and a key reason why I'm looking around elsewhere. I do this stuff in my day job which involves delivering solutions to customers, and working closely with a…
  • gh057 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Failed to start Raise Network Interface - after upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4.

same problem here... need to manualy start network every single time...
  • garyi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x SMART Status unknown.

Thread
    Hi all, I was cleanign out the inside of my case this week as it lives in the garage, I unplugged drives etc and plugged back in but possibly the sata cables did not got on the drives they were on before. Nothing seems effected except for the SMART…
  • garyi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cloning the drive.

• henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Hello Aaron, rsnapshot is 7500 lines of code and this is also building upon rsync. Plus there are many tools, tutorials, documentation around that. I am sure that you will come up with a good backup solution in a short time if you start from pure…
  • Dragonheart100 -

Posted the thread No Ethernet card was detected. Installation.

Thread
    Hello, I tried to install OMV 4.1.3 and get the error message "No Ethernet card was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your E6thernet card, you can select it from the list.". I also tried Debian 9.5 netinstall and the DVD-1 image…
  • alewaste -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x S.M.A.R.T. email notifications doesn't work.

Thread
    Hi all, I'm new in openmediavault, but reading the forum I resolved all problem since now. I installed OVM 4 over Debian 9 without GUI because my motherboard doesn't allow Legacy Boot and I set successfully a Raid 5 with Samba Share, Nextcloud and…
  • ellnic -

Quote from flmaxey: “When I've run into "Could not get a lock", a reboot cleared the issue. There may be other ways to do it. ” That’s pretty much the easiest way to sort unless you know what process is using it. You can have a look with htop or…
  • llaumgui -

Hum, 20 contributors on GitHub repository: github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/graphs/contributors No people in GH organisation: github.com/orgs/openmediavault/people
  • llaumgui -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x webui email notification for every login - where to configure?.

Hi, have you resolve your problem ? because I have same issue on OMV 4: Login notification user Thx.
  • Adoby -

An interesting blog post from 2009 about this: freenas.org/blog/freenas-ready-for-the-next-step/ One can only guess about the drama hidden behind that blog post?