Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install.

Quote from tkaiser: “Since OMV is not needed at all why not disabling it then anyway? ” Perhaps @Nefertiti may be interesting in doing this. ______________________________________________________________________ Quote from tkaiser: “I really don't…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread A lot of questions about OMV.

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Go to Youtube and look up and follow all of Techno Dad's OMV videos. ” There is also a nice overview in this forum Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
  • KM0201 -

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Go to Youtube and look up and follow all of Techno Dad's OMV videos. They are an invaluable resource. Be patient and follow each video step by step. He has ones that cover all sorts of things from initial install and setup to…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from Laui: “I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): forum.openmediavault.org/index…01e3a6aa547e4e0d6d8a02083 and this with raspberry…
  • KM0201 -

Liked flyinjoe13’s post in the thread A lot of questions about OMV.

Like (Post)
    Go to Youtube and look up and follow all of Techno Dad's OMV videos. They are an invaluable resource. Be patient and follow each video step by step. He has ones that cover all sorts of things from initial install and setup to installing dockers and…
  • KM0201 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread A lot of questions about OMV.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Laui: “I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): ” You need to fully update your install in the Updates tab first. Then watch a…
  • Quote from TheSidewinder: “What is the "-f" parameter doing? ” That is the flag to run in the foreground. If it is was the only thing running in a docker, it would be required to keep the container running. Since you are trying it on exec, you…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread Help setting up resilio sync docker.

I created my Dockers via the web gui, so I'm not super familiar how to do it using the terminal. I think the info-page tell you about all the necessary commands: hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/resilio-sync/ Regarding the codes you wrote above you need to…
  • I must be confused about how containers interact with one another.... pardon some rambling with my observations this morning. First, my container is named "webserver" and contains the items/programs in that topic I linked in my first post. 1) If I use …
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “such as opening OMV's console on another port, but that gets into a non-standard OMV install ” Since OMV is not needed at all why not disabling it then anyway? systemctl disable openmediavault-engined. And I was just making a bit fun…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from tkaiser: “On the OMV image all that's needed to install Pi-Hole directly is calling armbian-config: ” If direct installed to OMV, Pi-hole conflicts with OMV's web console for port 80. Without exclusive access to port 80, pi-hole can't do…
  • proto_typ -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Network UPS Tools (NUT) monit alert -- Does not exist nut-monitor.

Thread
    Hey, ich habe ein Problem mit dem NUT-Plugin. OMV-Version: 4.1.14-1 NUT-Plugin: openmediavault-nut 4.0.13-1 Seit dem Upgrade auf OMV 4 bekomme ich jeden Tag folgende Mail: Source Code (9 lines) Kurz darauf startet der Prozess dann doch und ich…
  • SteffenR -

Replied to the thread Help setting up resilio sync docker.

Hey, would you mind to elaborate a bit on your answer? This is the first docker I tried to set up - and failed, because there no "as always". I've started with docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --name=resilio \ -p 8888:8888 \ -p 55555:55555 \ …
  • flyinjoe13 -

Go to Youtube and look up and follow all of Techno Dad's OMV videos. They are an invaluable resource. Be patient and follow each video step by step. He has ones that cover all sorts of things from initial install and setup to installing dockers and…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from flmaxey: “Pi-hole is among the software package add-on's supported in a Diet-Pi install ” On the OMV image all that's needed to install Pi-Hole directly is calling armbian-config: forum.openmediavault.org/index…01e3a6aa547e4e0d6d8a02083
  • flmaxey -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread A lot of questions about OMV.

Like (Post)
    You were on the right track with virtual machine Shut down the omv virtual machine. From the main virtual box screen, click your omv machine and click settings. Click on networking You should see your adapter that is "connected" there... Changes that
  • flmaxey -

Quote from Nefertiti: “Me too I just want to use it for pihole since it is not functional on my Rockpro 64 ” Pi-hole is among the software package add-on's supported in a Diet-Pi install. After Diet-PI and Pi-hole is installed, Unbound will direct…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Laui: “I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): ” You need to fully update your install in the Updates tab first. Then watch a…
  • Laui -

I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): forum.openmediavault.org/index…01e3a6aa547e4e0d6d8a02083 and this with raspberry pi
  • KM0201 -

Quote from Laui: “ok, no ownCloud Plugin anymore? ” Owncloud has been gone for a while.. caused way to many problems... You have 2 options: 1. Setup Nextcloud in Docker (there's a great video on Youtube on how to do this) 2. Setup Owncloud in…