Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Gotcha... to many version numbers making my eyes cross.. :)
  • KM0201 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “I realize there can be many solutions to creating a configuration backup and restoring it. BUT each one seems to open a daunting hornets nest that doesn’t welcome newbies to OMV very well. ” I have to ask - have you actually read the New
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “I realize there can be many solutions to creating a configuration backup and restoring it. BUT each one seems to open a daunting hornets nest that doesn’t welcome newbies to OMV very well. ” I have to ask - have you actually read the New
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…
  • Steeli -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Proxy certificate.

Thread
    Hello Our Proxy use a SSL certificate for SSL Inspection. Ist there a way to install this certificate in OMV? Regards Matthias
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “The last command will fix the broken docker plugin. ” It should be fixed now. 4.1.2 is in the repo. ” Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “Unfortunately, the Debian wifi compatibility list isn't much help. It's mostly chipsets and the mentioned models are either really old or not availlable ” Did you see my comment about the tp-link ac1300? It is on your first list…
  • reeneex -

Posted the thread Bitte löschen DOPPEL.

Thread
    Hello,After the hardware problem is solved, it will not work with the software or their play.I've installed after instructions OMV in the latest version on it. Also ran through. Had problems while partitioning, but the second attempt was ok. As storage…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from kai: “are you talking about the command line being what is left remaining on screen AFTER signing in with 'root' and then the respective password? I am now kind of separating the command line from the GUI. I think that issue was a portion of…
  • Quote from chrbar: “I saw there is an extra-plugin for VirtualBox, but I prefer use KVM (with remote access via VNC). Do you know if there are some conflicts with KVM? ” Not that I have run into. Quite a few people have been using kvm with the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from KM0201: “The last command will fix the broken docker plugin. ” It should be fixed now. 4.1.2 is in the repo.
  • Quote from chrbar: “I've mounted the LV, and it appear correctly inside "File System" (from "Storage" menu). ” How did you mount it? You *must* mount it with the mount button in the Filesystems tab and it will be mounted in /srv/.
  • Tony Liberatto -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

Thank you very much. Will try and post back the results. I really appreciate.
  • Tony Liberatto -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Sharedfolders fill the boot disk..

Like (Post)
    union filesystem have problems to show files on plex. f you want to use plex, use RAID or ZFS pools.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV System Disk Failed - Can I rescue my data with a Fresh install.

read this post is really usefull: Degraded or missing raid array questions PD: this time install on a small SATA disk , USB is not professional as you see (only a year)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from TechAndrew: “mfc495cwlpr-1.1.3-1.i386.deb mfc495cwcupswrapper-1.1.3-1.i386.deb ” Since those packages are called .i386.deb it's very unlikely that the installed software works on an ARM board.
  • kingbuffalo -

Posted the thread OMV System Disk Failed - Can I rescue my data with a Fresh install.

Thread
    Hi Guys, This is my first post on here and is a bit of a call for help really. I installed Openmedia vault for my Father in law around a year ago now and it was all working fine however the OS disk has since failed and I am wondering if I can recover…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from slb20: “unfortunealy i have the same issue and omv-extras 4.1.13 installed.. do you have any solution? ” Log in either via the console or via SSH apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist upgrade Once all that is done apt-get -f…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from flmaxey: “If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy... ” True enough, but given the time to image the drive, then making sure you keep that image up to date…