Recent Activities

• pratikpatel152 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x RDP to Virtualbox.

Quote from spupuz: “got a problem with VM Console, since i got RDP enable only on local host 127.0.0.1, how to i change it? see screenshot ” I had to change the network adapter to bridge and give it the same IP as OMV to get it to work. I'll try…
  • JakRuzL -

Replied to the thread Unable to create a RAID 1 array.

I just have the need to volunteer this observation. I have read thru this whole post in hopes of learning, being that I was attempting something very similar, but could barely stomach reading it to the very end. First of all whomever is allowing…
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

Agreed, I’ll have to pick up a similar model to what you linked from Amazon(no Microcenter here). I’ll try the purge and if all else fails, do a rebuild. Definitely a good chance that more than just docker was affected. I actually don’t mind doing…
  • JakRuzL -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x RAID Creation Fails Every Time With Failed to Execute Command On New Installation.

Thread
    I am trying to set up a simple mirror between 2 identical (same size and model) new 500G external hard drives. Each time I try to create the RAID I receive the following error. My linux skills are fairly limited so this error may be simpler to figure out…
  • Rahul -

Replied to the thread [ Docker ] Enabling Docker from OMV Docker GUI throws error.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Rahul: “ Should I reinstall omv? ” No, but have a look at this thread ” So I followed every procedure as follows: 1. Completely remove docker gui and omv extras. 2. Reinstalled again. 3. Enabled the Docker CE plugin in…
  • Kai -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck with a bad purchase. ” My short answer is "No". It's about knowing something about what you're buying. (Knowledge…
  • Kai -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Markess: “Other some drives, most of my OMV and home server hardware is used or repurposed. Besides the cost savings, using something a generation or two "old" (even if its bought "new" on Ebay or Craigslist or etc.), ensures better
  • flmaxey -

Choices are narrowing... (An UPS's looks like a great investment at this point.) ("Leases" is in the error message. Usually that's a DHCP function, but Docker has it's own internal IP network and I've never looked that far into it. "Leases not…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Posts 21, 22, and 23 . . . I follow everything said in those three posts. I see the reasoning behind all comments. My job now is evaluation, which is now a little better understood after seeing the reasoning behind given choices relational to Linux with…
  • Kai -

Liked Markess’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “I think I am considering some of the lesser knowns like TeamGroup and Silicon Power because of their price. ” I've got an SSD from each of these brands as the OS disk on desktops that get a heavy daily use, and haven't had issues in…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread pcie video card.

There are two types of Mobo's - those with integrated video output and those without a video output. Those without a video output generally (not always) need a video card just to boot. This is idle speculation but, something about installing the ssd…
  • kmal808 -

Quote from flmaxey: “I would start with, uninstalling the docker plugin.(Reboot) Check your upgrade status and install any needed upgrades. (Reboot) Re-install the Docker plugin. Hopefully, your Dockers are still there. If not, pull new images and…
  • geaves -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

Like (Post)
    Quote from randomthoughts: “The server has one drive and there's no option to add a second, am I wasting my time? ” It depends on how far you're willing to take it. (I mean,, there's no other way to describe it.) OMV doesn't allow data into it's…
  • flmaxey -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “Quote from gderf: “I have used these SSDs for years. ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&…=0&_odkw=16tb+ssd+samsung ” Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck…
  • flmaxey -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
  • kmal808 -

Roger. I’ll update with the outcome. Thanks again for your help.
  • flmaxey -

Liked Markess’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “I think I am considering some of the lesser knowns like TeamGroup and Silicon Power because of their price. ” I've got an SSD from each of these brands as the OS disk on desktops that get a heavy daily use, and haven't had issues in…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from kmal808: “I tried creating a container via the CLI and got the same error. Would the OMV docker plugin have any bearing over that? ” This is speculation but I would say "generically" NO. The Docker plugin, for all intents an purposes, is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Quote from Markess: “Other some drives, most of my OMV and home server hardware is used or repurposed. Besides the cost savings, using something a generation or two "old" (even if its bought "new" on Ebay or Craigslist or etc.), ensures better
  • Markess -

Like (Post)