Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Loose Raid on reboot.

Re, can you explain a little bit more, what "have to configure it again." in detail means? - What did you do exactly? - Which hardware do you use? Sc0rp
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread xfs file system on raid1 lost after upgrade to 4.0.6-1.

Hi, it is a bit confuse for me ... here are my questions: - did you use the same hardware as before? - where are the drives connected to? - can you ssh into your box (as root) and execute commands? Sc0rp
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Expanding RAID5.

Re, yes, reahping is good - when it is finished, it should show the new size. You can control that with: cat /proc/mdstat Sc0rp
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread Degraded RAID Issue.

Hi, bevor pulling out any drive, you should just check the SMART values of the faulty drive AND the logs (/var/log/syslog and/or /var/log/messages) ... next time. But now, you can put it back, then reactivate it in your array (simply add it to the…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Raid 5 lost after failure of power supply.

Hi there, no answer since 10th Oct.? Uhm ... Did you tried an "assemble" on your drives? mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sda /dev/sdc /dev/sdd (tries to re-assemble the drives to a raid-array) - may be, that will fail - because of invalid eventcount of…
  • monsen -

Replied to the thread ProFTP not starting correctly on boot.

Thanks tkaiser! Not a beautiful solution but it did do the trick :)
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Teamviewer host not changing password.

please say if I can open a new thread, but my case is that do not show ID to conect. I test it on a VM OMV 4
  • Fliggle_Slaps -

Replied to the thread Help me learn!.

I really appreciate all the info you're giving tkaiser. It's too late in the night to do research but I'll be going over your links tomorrow because I'd love to go for ZFS. I wouldn't bother filling my server with standard RAM. Though cost is an issue,…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMART reports bad sector.

Quote from MrT10001: “passed all SMART tests no failures, all parameters good (eSATA enclosure, same eSATA cable). If it is a USB enclosure it is worth trying, I can understand if it is attached internally. On external devices a voltage drop/spike can…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Fliggle_Slaps: “I absolutely preferred ZFS and RAIDZ but the RAM requirements are quite high. ” If you know what you're doing and are able to spot 'BS copy&pasted over and over again' then NOT. Applies to both the '1GB of DRAM per 1TB of
  • MrT10001 -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from MrT10001: “Try unmounting it, and testing it with SMART on another machine. ” Why? How should SMART attributes differ then (only 199 could increase if the HDD is pulled out of the enclosure and cable/contact problems…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Teamviewer host not changing password.

Quote from Wek: “teamviewer passwd newpass ” This is what the reset button in the plugin does - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…pc/teamviewerhost.inc#L70 Quote from Wek: “I was looking through the forum and the omv wiki, but found nothing about…
  • Fliggle_Slaps -

Quote from tkaiser: “So better invest in a second box (120% storage capacity of the real filer), use the following search terms and forget about concepts from last century (RAID6 and tape changers ” I absolutely preferred ZFS and RAIDZ but the RAM…
  • willri -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV Setup Videos.

Like (Post)
    Here are some helpful setup videos of different parts of OMV. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos Suggest other videos to be created.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Backports Kernel Not Updating.

Quote from ianrex: “I'm experiencing the same problems where the backports kernel options are no available under repo tab. ” Quote from fumantsu: “I notice as well that the backports are not visible. ” It isn't a problem. The functionality to…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from MrT10001: “Try unmounting it, and testing it with SMART on another machine. ” Why? How should SMART attributes differ then (only 199 could increase if the HDD is pulled out of the enclosure and cable/contact problems are…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Fliggle_Slaps: “For obvious reasons I won't be building a duplicate server for a mirror backup. ” And this is the first I would do. Of course not a stupid 1:1 mirror box but with some added functionality. Quote from Fliggle_Slaps: “I…
  • MrT10001 -

Try unmounting it, and testing it with SMART on another machine. I avoid using USB drives in OMV that are continually attached and running as I have experienced disconnect issues (even more so with USB 3.0). I tend to use eSATA as it is more reliable,…
  • Fliggle_Slaps -

Quote from MrT10001: “64Gb SSD is too much, you will have a lot of wasted space. ” I completely agree, but this is an SSD that's been in my drawer for the past 4 years so it's still a better use than an object taking up drawer space. I do agree about…
  • MrT10001 -

Posted the thread Thank You....

Thread
    Just to say thank you for this forum and the help it has given me. Had an issue with Plex Media server that refused to update and after trawling the forums found the post that helped me, simply by uninstalling the plug in and deleting the PlexMediaServer…