Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KVL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New OMV 4 install missing files system on disk from OMV 3.

OK, I think i got it now. I tried to create a new file systems with xfs, ext3, ext4 but with no success. Tried wipe the drives ahead and recreate them, but with no success. But when removing the partition and create a new Linux partition via fdisk, and…
  • vinhdlp -

Wrote a comment on vinhdlp’s wall.

Wall Comment
    visit my homepage: pinstagram.org/
  • vinhdlp -

Wall Comment
    Tư vấn bộ dụng cụ sửa xe máy giá rẻ tại: bit.ly/2Lm786M

Mua bình bọt tuyết rửa xe giá rẻ tại : sontunglam.net/binh-bot-tuyet-rua-xe-chon-loai-nao/
  • vinhdlp -

Wall Comment
    Mua máy rửa xe gia đình giá rẻ tại : thietbiruaxeoto.net/may-rua-xe-gia-dinh
  • vinhdlp -

Wall Comment
    Đọc báo và giải trí tại vinhdlp.com/
  • KVL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New OMV 4 install missing files system on disk from OMV 3.

I got the same as Lambik, I cant create a new file system. I can select Create and the fill out Device, Label and File system. It completes without errors, but file system is not showing up. Thou the file system for the USB key from the OMV runs is…
  • brendanl -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x multiple IPs in a network adapter.

• TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread My very first NAS Build - OMV vs FreeNAS/NAS4Free.

Quote from moisemust: “Thanks for the tips. I learnt about Emby just yesterday but it looks like it's not available for omv 4.x, but I found it for 3.x. I'll look into it but I never used Docker before. It's not an absolute requirement but it would be…
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x 10gbps Stopped being 10gbps and X710 compatibility.

Yo can use ethtool or ifconfig commands to check your port. To test your port; I would recommend iperf both on client and server to check your network speed... On the server side (don't forget to open the 5001 port if you have a firewall…
  • seed -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex Plugin or Docker CE Plex.

Thread
    Which path should I go? I want to utilize Plex in its most natural form. Free of any constraints, to utilize all the CPU and RAM I need to give it and access a large volume for content. Is the plugin good for this? Docker better? Thoughts? Experiences?
  • takiyon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x urbackup update is available.

Please share how you updated. The latest version is 2.2.11 and I am hoping to consolidate my separate backup server to my ESXI machine. I may choose a straight debian install with urbackup due to the omv plugin not being updated very frequently. Quote…
  • sigmatec -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Can't delete aquota.user and aquota.group.

Quote from subzero79: “Don’t try and change from the root of the drive. Use the folders below one by one. Another alternative is to disable and stop the quota service to make changes to those files. ” I was having trouble with Transmisson…
  • majorpayne -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrading Hard Disks.

Liked TheLostSwede’s post in the thread Selecting Hardware for "New" NAS.

Like (Post)
    Even second hand, the R630 seems to be going for around $2,000-3,000, so you'd be mad not to take it and put it up on eBay if nothing else. The Supermicro would most likely be the easiest one to work with, as you'll be able to easily replace things like…
  • alocam -

Replied to the thread Cannot install USB plugin to create a backup.

Thanks a lot for your help! I deleted the line you proposed, but all of the sudden, I can no longer gain access to GUI, it always shows 403 forbidden.... I am wondering whether it is possible to run a fresh install and keep the RAID discs with all…
  • jasonmcroy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 Reinstall issue with one HDD.

I earlier today installed Ubuntu on the PC I had running OMV thinking I could just use that for a bit. However, it wouldn't read that same hard drive anymore either! Something about the guid table or something. So, I finally just bit the bullet and…
  • majorpayne -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrading Hard Disks.

Thread
    Hey all, I'm currently purchasing 8 TB RED drives to replace the current 2tb,3,tb,4tb drives. I'm currently running Raid 5. What i want to know how do I replace the drives and still keep my data....
  • seed -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x BUG - Trying to mount 2 USB Volumes rResults in Retrying 1 Mount.

Thread
    I am trying to mount 2 USB volumes. The first works fine, sdj1 gets mounted. When I try and mount the second one, sdk1 it fails stating that sdj1 is already mounted.
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Omv filesystem ?.

If you’re writing an image to an SD card, there’s no need to format it first. It will be written in whatever format the image is. Utilities like Etcher probably use dd. Using dd for the purpose of writing an image to an SD card will write the SD…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install.

Those really are not shell scripts. It's confusing I agree. Do these on the cli one at a time. export LANG=C && export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive && export APT_LISTCHANGES_FRONTEND=none apt-get --allow-unauthenticated install openmediavault-keyring