Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kai -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Also forum, I hate to throw this into the mix but it came to my mind last night. What if I wanted to get acquainted with Linux - could I install the Linux OS also and have it running with OMV4? Would the Linux OS need to be on it's own drive?
  • Kai -

Quote from KM0201: “ My thinking right now is to get an adapter to run a 2.5in SSD of an internal USB 3.0 header. ” KM0201 - would you mind detailing that scenario and what I would need to do to set up that configuration on the inside of my Mid ATX…
  • Kai -

Quote from gderf: “My 16GB Samsung SSD for the OMV system disk is in an external USB enclosure and is plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the machine. I wasn't going to surrender a SATA port for it and I have 12 of them! ” I hate to bother you with…
  • KM0201 -

I'm putting a parts list together as it's time for a rebuild. This one has served me well for almost 6yrs.. I changed the chassis @ 4yrs ago, and now I'm really wanting a 4 bay hot swap. Last time I considered a hot swap chassis, and ultimately decided…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Quote from syrusstk: “Quote from KM0201: “People have tried theme changers in the past, but this is the most successful attempt. There's one thing on yours that I really appreciate, and that is the bold font. Well done. ” I was actually thinking…
  • gderf -

My 16GB Samsung SSD for the OMV system disk is in an external USB enclosure and is plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the machine. I wasn't going to surrender a SATA port for it and I have 12 of them!
  • KM0201 -

Liked syrusstk’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Like (Post)
    I know the UI is not that important for the OMV team and why should it be because the primary goal is to have a simple UI that works unlike others, but this is a task for the community to work on not the OMV devs (can't wait for v5). Now the thing is I…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Would be nice to be able to switch for each theme between "condensed" and "normal".
  • syrusstk -

Quote from KM0201: “People have tried theme changers in the past, but this is the most successful attempt. There's one thing on yours that I really appreciate, and that is the bold font. Well done. ” I was actually thinking about adding some…
  • Kai -

Quote from gderf: “At the risk of repeating myself, my OMV 16GB system drive has been in use for more that 3 years across three versions of OMV: 2,3 and now 4, all but the first being in place upgrades from the prior version. It is slightly over 1/2…
  • KM0201 -

People have tried theme changers in the past, but this is the most successful attempt. There's one thing on yours that I really appreciate, and that is the bold font. Well done.
  • Kai -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    The part of Plex that should be installed to a data drive is its metadatbase library. If you are using a Plex docker, this location is set via the /config Container path. Until recently my Plex metadatbase library grew to a bit over 300GB. My OMV system…
  • M0rpheus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “xrdp (which is what the remote desktop plugin uses) still uses VNC on the backend. I don't find it anywhere near as good as real rdp on internet connections that are slower speed (slower upload is typical on home connections)…
  • I think the best will be that devices connected via USB are not displayed in the RAID creation dialog anymore. This is very easy to implement.
  • syrusstk -

Liked Agricola’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

Like (Post)
    @syrusstk Wow! I will have to get my head around that. Ports and networks are like voodoo to me anyway. Now I understand the purpose of the --network flag in the Letsencrypt video. I will try it though in the next day or two. Thank you very much.
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from syrusstk: “I blame the unstable internet speed of my ISP it just varies between 200Mbps to 400Mbps on upload speed. ” If your upload is that fast, xrdp should be fine. My upload is 10mbps even though my…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

[NanoPi M4] IMG_1132.thumb.jpg.69c80a5030248bdb5cdbe0e7c3965689.jpg Quote from badda: “... or an active USB 3.0 hub ” Nope, the nice detail with this SATA HAT is that it provides the possibility to use one single 12V PSU to power the HAT which has…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x OMV not working after upgrade 3>4.

It looks like you did not remove the plugins which are not available on OMV4.
  • zergo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved 10gbps network performing at 1gbps.

Quote from Gandalf1203: “I have allmost the same setup. Are you shure you mount the right network share via the rigt interface ? Can you disable the other NIC and try th speed test again.. ” Yeah, I am connecting to the correct interface, but you…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

@syrusstk Wow! I will have to get my head around that. Ports and networks are like voodoo to me anyway. Now I understand the purpose of the --network flag in the Letsencrypt video. I will try it though in the next day or two. Thank you very much.