Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ness1602 -

Replied to the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

if your raid is active then mount it somewhere and try to read data. What type of FS is there on md127?
  • geaves -

This site explains how to add a spare to a Raid 1 Array if your m'board can handle more than 2 drives, but as you can see this is all done in a specific order from the cli.
  • geaves -

Quote from Judibet: “Personalities : [raid1] md127 : active raid1 sdb[2] sda[1] 976631488 blocks super 1.2 [2/1] [_U] [>....................] recovery = 0.0% (2628/976631488) finish=18496.7min speed=875K/sec bitmap: 5/8 pages [20KB], 65536KB…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

Finally success doing Omv-release-upgrade! Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
  • Judibet -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Judibet: “finish=18496.7min speed=875K/sec ” 18496.7 minutes / 60 / 24 = only ~13 days remaining. Why exactly do people prefer availability (that obviously does NOT work) over data protection? And I really don't…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from JimT: “Is this the expected behavior? ” Sorry, I can't answer this since of course I do NOT use RAID-5 any more for a decade or even longer (single redundancy and large disks --> useless) IMO you should ask yourself why you're playing…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Judibet: “finish=18496.7min speed=875K/sec ” 18496.7 minutes / 60 / 24 = only ~13 days remaining. Why exactly do people prefer availability (that obviously does NOT work) over data protection? And I really don't understand why you…
  • Judibet -

Quote from geaves: “mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb then mdadm --add /dev/md127 /dev/sdb cat /proc/mdstat ” I tried. I have this: (Hidden Content)
  • Judibet -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Like (Post)
    mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb then mdadm --add /dev/md127 /dev/sdb cat /proc/mdstat
  • Your data drives are mounted in /srv with unique directory names as the mount points. That's where.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Docker containers can't see shared folders and sometimes dissapearing..

Your data drives are mounted in /srv with unique directory names as the mount points. That's where.
  • maledicent -

Replied to the thread Docker containers can't see shared folders and sometimes dissapearing..

Quote from gderf: “/media is not a good choice. That directory is on the root file system and if you start placing a lot of files there you will eventually run out of room on that drive and things will break. ” What would you recommend?
  • JimT -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Thread
    Greetings all, I built an OMV4 box strictly for test purposes. No important data is on this machine. I threw in 5 hard drives of various sizes that I had laying around. I installed the OS on one and made a raid5 array with the other 4. Created a file…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

Quote from .H.: “what can i do ? ” use it. probably install omv-extras and the zfs plugin if your data drives are using zfs.
  • gderf -

/media is not a good choice. That directory is on the root file system and if you start placing a lot of files there you will eventually run out of room on that drive and things will break.
  • maledicent -

Quote from gderf: “Start looking in /srv This is one of the reasons I don't use /sharedfolders in docker volume and bind mounts. If you don't know where the files and directoryies really are, you can't determine their ownership and permissions. And if…
  • mbesar -

Liked UncleH.’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Docker TVHeadend TVKarte.

Like (Post)
    Hallo zusammen, ich hatte gerade dasselbe Problem mit linuxserver/tvheadend:stable-4.0.9. Mir wurde auf der Weboberfläche unter "Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> TV adapters" kein Gerät angezeigt. Ich konnte das Problem wie folgt lösen: 1. Container…
  • gderf -

Start looking in /srv This is one of the reasons I don't use /sharedfolders in docker volume and bind mounts. If you don't know where the files and directoryies really are, you can't determine their ownership and permissions. And if those are wrong, you…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

Of course something went wrong I lost the internet access on the PC now the GUI give me only the Blu logo Hopefully I think I got a SD backup somewhere! Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
  • Nefertiti -

Well finally got root access after changing PW I am doing the upgrade Omv-release-upgrade as I am writing, will see how it goes but so far so good, just wondering why a new install is so problematic! and by reading the forum I noticed I am not the only…