Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• humba -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Export a directory on the local disk mounted by NFS.

Thread
    I want to re-export an exterbnally provided NFS share (or parts of it). Mounting is not the problem - i added an entry to /etc/fstab. Does it have to be mounted to a specific location ? But how to get it to the shared folders list in the web UI ? I can…
  • markbanang -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from ellnic: “When you say 4.1.3 and 4.0.14 I assume you mean 4.13 and 4.14? ” No, I was talking about install images, from sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/ hence saying "I've tried installing from scratch using 4.1.3 image..." The…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Rutorrent in docker.

Why do you have the port 82:82 statements twice? Do the PGID and PUID really exist on your system or did you just make them up? What does the container log say?
  • bowe -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Rutorrent in docker.

Thread
    can someone point me in the right direction? I've a raid 5 in my nas and configured so sharedfiles is accessable when I'm trying to configure the docker container starts but I cannot access the webGUI of rutorrent. Is something wrong with this creation…
  • steakhutzeee -

Replied to the thread Build a minipc nas, but which?.

I never imagined this! Thank you! Just to be sure i got the point. I connect the ODROID to ehthernet, microsd, and power. Then i let it boot. After some seconds i can put my drive in. Find the ip and then configure what i need. Right? But how can i…
  • treblade -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) VirtualBox Plugin not work.

No, I haven't. I just got out of the hospital today. Sorry
  • steakhutzeee -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Build a minipc nas, but which?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from steakhutzeee: “1. I foud this wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/troubleshooting/shutdown_script could you give me some information on this? I don't understand exactly what's that about ” Some people report that even with latest firmware update…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV.

Quote from bmhj2: “Thanks. From my reading of the manual, -e only applies to the 'fix' command. Should I use -E (upper case), or am I misunderstanding the manual? Sorry - just want to be clear before setting this running. Thanks. ” You're right, my…
  • bmhj2 -

Thanks. From my reading of the manual, -e only applies to the 'fix' command. Should I use -E (upper case), or am I misunderstanding the manual? Sorry - just want to be clear before setting this running. Thanks.
  • jollyrogr -

Quote from bmhj2: “OK, thank you @jollyrogr. So the correct procedure would be: [*]Delete the SSD from the drive list within the plugin [*]Then go to a terminal window and execute the command: [/list]Source Code (1 line)Do I have that right? Or would…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from steakhutzeee: “1. I foud this wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/troubleshooting/shutdown_script could you give me some information on this? I don't understand exactly what's that about ” Some people report that even with latest firmware update…
  • bmhj2 -

OK, thank you @jollyrogr. So the correct procedure would be: 1. Delete the SSD from the drive list within the plugin 2. Then go to a terminal window and execute the command: Source Code (1 line) Do I have that right? Or would it be the same command…
  • jollyrogr -

You must remove the drive via the plugin gui. Like many things in OMV, the plugin edits the .conf so manually editing the .conf doesn't work. So, remove the drive using the plugin, then through a terminal force a sync.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) VirtualBox Plugin not work.

Did you search the forum? This is a well known fact that virtualbox doesn't work with the 4.15 kernel. I have a solution but need to figure out backwards compatibility.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Sounds like the mdadm raid is still present. What is the output of cat /proc/mdstat
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) VirtualBox and ZFS plugins installation issue after fresh OMV install.

Please don't use the virtualbox package from anywhere other than the Debian repos if you plan on using the plugin. There are major differences in the virtualbox packages and it will probably break on an upgrade and/or the plugin won't work correctly…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) System lock up and reboot when writing to RAID 6 array.

Quote from sandros: “the cards can't handle the operation ” Maybe the cards are overheating? Does the main cpu on the card have a heatsink? Is the case ventilated well? What do your cpu temps look like?
  • steakhutzeee -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from steakhutzeee: “If i buy one of these SBC, what happens if i've a problem? ” You ask a question here, in ODROID forum or Pine64 IRC as everyone else. In case you are really keen on using a slow and crappy NAS better…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 openmediavault-domoticz plugin (TESTING v1.0.1).

Sounds like you have a mismatched version of OMV and the plugin. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV crashed today....may be over my head to fix....

Quote from starion: “So one would have to ask the question? ” Unfortunately. See next answer. Quote from starion: “What is the point of the OMV Backup plugin? ” I don't recommend it for people who aren't advanced Linux users. We always…