Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 156.

• @tkaiser... perfect suggestion and a fantastic writeup! well done.. I've set up a vpn connection now using openvpn.. Now I just need to figure out how to get internet access working when connected via VPN. I only have LAN.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Symbiot - - Plugins

hi Subzero79 and thanks. So it IS docker... it's not that I mind it as such - just finding it a waste but if it's using thin-provisioning then I guess I'm not loosing storage I don't think switching to another fs is worth the hassle.

Symbiot - - Plugins

I honestly just assumed it was docker :-|

Symbiot - - Plugins

hm... so maybe not docker.. but then... what? forum.openmediavault.org/index…d44f73c0f2a613bfeb6f5dbda

Symbiot - - Plugins

Just a question regarding the containers and what I assume are the filesystems docker creates.. which leads me to... Docker creates a 10Gb filesystem(xfs) for each container... at least it does on my install of OMV/docker. Is there anyway to change this size? All my containers use under 1Gb and thus I loose 9Gb pr. container...

• Quote from flvinny521: “@Symbiot I have installed OMV 3.0.86 on a real system and the media is transferring from my backup onto the pool. I thought maybe removing the VM from the equation would solve my woes, but I'm still not having any luck. I am considering having all my applications run in Docker, and so far I've been successful, but rtorrent just does not want to cooperate. forum.openmediavault.org/index…d44f73c0f2a613bfeb6f5dbda And my config: Source Code (29 lines)” So you've opened port …

• Hi I want to share some folders over the internet and thought I'd try and do it with NFS.. but it's been a very long time since I looked at NFS and perhaps there's something better today.. So if I wanted to share a folder or a share created in OMV with a friend who lives in another city and let both he and I use it as a normal folder in OMV (that would probably be mostly him) how would we go about doing it? I'm thinking something that will ultimately be mounted in fstab.

• Quote from flvinny521: “Quote from Symbiot: “if your vm is in host mode for the network config then that part should be ok, but we need to make sure that you've opened the correct port/ports in your router. ” Sorry for the delay, I was having some issues with my ISP gateway/router. IPv6 has proven difficult on the Edgerouter, but I went ahead and switched back to it anyway. I'll worry about that later. Anyway, yes, the ports are (and were) correctly forwarded. Since the VM is connected directly …

• Hi There's an OMV plugin for docker which gives you a nice gui. I believe you need OMV-Extras as well.. but maybe someone can chime in here.

• if your vm is in host mode for the network config then that part should be ok, but we need to make sure that you've opened the correct port/ports in your router. try this: canyouseeme.org from your VM or where ever you have your rtorrent instance and input your rtorrent ports... if they light up positive then we need to look elsewhere for the issue.

• did you forward the port(s) in your router?

• Samba panic action

Symbiot - - CIFS/SMB

I'm seeing the same.

• have you considered running them as docker containers?

• outside the container no.. can you post a ss of your setup window?

• this is my setup of linuxserver/rutorrent I'm mapping download share & config folder to external folder/drivers.. as you're doing with srv/...... ->/downloads I don't know the container you're using so can't comment too much on it. If it maps config to downloads then that should be fine.. however the comment I made regarding PGID & PUID are only used with linuxserver containers.. well I've only seen it with those and I tend to look to linuxserver dockers first. forum.openmediavault.org/index…d44…

• Quote from flvinny521: “Quote from Symbiot: “make sure you place the config dir outside the docker container so you can edit rtorrent.rc ” Mind explaining how to do that? I've got the rtorrent/rutorrent docker container running, forwarded the web GUI port to a different one, mapped the shares to the container, but I'd prefer to do the configuration through the .rc file than the rutorrent settings. I'm still testing in a VM, so no issues deleting this image and creating it again if necessary. ” O…

• Nothing special. Just as I wrote, make sure you map the config dir to an external folder... like your "downloads" etc. I assume you've done that just wanted to point it out. Anything writted in the .rc file will overwrite any webui changes you make anyway.

Symbiot - - Plugins

I have a small feature request... When creating a container it would be useful and a good way of getting insight/learning how docker container commandlines are built if there was a button to "View command line" that would show how the command is about to be built/run based on the setup the user has just built using the interface.

Symbiot - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “Log button ” Hi Sub Where did you put that 'clear log' button? I haven't found any visual differences in the testbuild..

Symbiot - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “Download the package again and test. The limit parameter needed to be setup to 2. ” Now it's working as before I did, however, have to manually install the .deb package via cli since version was the same. OMV didn't recognize it as a new package when uploaded via gui. So just ran Source Code (1 line)