Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Did you made changes in smart section in the ui after you edited the file ?

• Quote from antipiot: “Is opening a pull request under 3.x the right thing to do? ” Yes sure, why not? if the change is proven, also you can post links for smartd documentation, just make sure you have tested to make sure it works. You can check at github there have been PR's in the past not from many people, but they are. Also is bugtracker to reports bugs, unfortunately github is closed for omv bug reports

• OpenVPN Client when OMV Starts

subzero79 - - Network

Systemd should take care of that Place the conf file at /etc/openvpn folder systemctl enable openvpn@nameoftheconffile.service systemctl start openvpn@nameoftheconffile.service At least that's how I do it for server, should be the same for client.

• I would send this to bugtracker or do a PR in github. Seems to be useful.

• OMV Freezes at random

subzero79 - - General

Ssd should have wearing level. Smart attributes should indicate that, in general the behavior of wasted media in the os has symptoms of command execution fail, that means errors all over the place in the ui, but I haven't heard of freeze or complete crash. Can you still buy new ram for that socket? If not that means all the ram you're sourcing is second hand.

• I can reproduce this. The limit needs to be set also parsing the variables from the container when modify button is used. I've already committed in github, waiting from PR review/approval.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

subzero79 - - Plugins

Quote from 1activegeek: “I think it's related to the macvlan usage - I can't seem to get the hostname variable to take when using macvlan - I setup a container using a macvlan and for some reason the hostname is resorting to the contianerID When I try to "modify" the container, it will then show me the replaced hostname field with the ContainerID - edit, and same thing still uses the new containerID instead of assigned hostname All other containers NOT using macvlan are working as expected with …

• OMV Freezes at random

subzero79 - - General

Those avahi daemon messages shouldn't crash the machine. apparently they come from windows machines in the lan. People have usually put a filter in syslog to avoid the spamming.

• You can pull before but the image will get untagged, then the container will show an id for the parent image. Could be useful that modify container to change the image name so update image will have one or two steps less.

• The other day I noticed the URL was strange. I tried to pull the latest then recreate and was good this time. I'll check the modify.

• Quote from anderbytes: “Upgrade it's version to stable 1.21.1, for some reasons: security, optimizations and HTTP/2 feature ” That won't happen, it would be a package to maintain. There is an underlying OS taking care of that. However there is nothing stopping you from building your own nginx package or binary. The other suggestions you can drop them at bugtracker, if the configurations are proven to work then why not?, or even better contribute, test and offload the main developer doing a PR at…

• Not literally the same address, but docker creates a port forwarding rule on the nat table so when you reach the requested port at host, iptables will reach the assigned IP address of the container on the bridge. Just look at the iptables nat table.

• OMV Freezes at random

subzero79 - - General

That's very old platform, actually my first assemble was that epox 9npa with a venice, later an opteron 170. I would bet on the RAM, suggestion leave one stick....if the server is not overloaded (any mono app is a ram hog) 1GB ram should be enough and let it run see if it crashes. Is also good to have a screen attached to see if there is kernel backtrace there. If still fails try another another single stick. Another fail i would start looking at the power supply.

• openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

subzero79 - - Plugins

I would recommend not to use the shared folder section. Stop docker service and use a symlink from /var/lib/docker to whatever location you intend. Start the service.

• OMV 3.x wont install properly

subzero79 - - General

Quote from Heartblood: “Whatever I try. Same result. I can log into CLI directly at the NAS. I can log into Web GUI. I can not make any changes at the Web GUI --> Error: Value XXX is not a bolean I can not update via Web GUI --> multiple errors I can update via CLI directly at the NAS via apt-get. Still Web GUI not working. I disabled all ACPI features in BIOS, as syslog showed some errors there --> still Web GUI not working any suggestions? ” Those are typical errors with browser cache, since y…

subzero79 - - Plugins

Nothing wrong there, is using devicemapper as storage driver. docs.docker.com/engine/usergui…t-lvm-mode-for-production Are you familiar with the thin provisioning concept ? You can switch to a btrfs or overlay driver if you don't want the fs section polluted. You'll need to recreate all containers.

subzero79 - - Plugins

Quote from Symbiot: “Just a question regarding the containers and what I assume are the filesystems docker creates.. which leads me to... Docker creates a 10Gb filesystem(xfs) for each container... at least it does on my install of OMV/docker. Is there anyway to change this size? All my containers use under 1Gb and thus I loose 9Gb pr. container... ” Never heard of that. How have you measured that ? Is df reporting 10gb less every time you create a container ?

• remote mount - offline shares

subzero79 - - Plugins

There is no autofs plugin. You need to do it manually.

• Because is in bridge mode the IP address of the sql server is the same as the host (just for that port). What docker does is create a iptables rulein the nat table that forwards the port to the docker network bridge.

• remote mount - offline shares

subzero79 - - Plugins

The fs section is gonna check for all properties. Is mount is offline this is gonna happen. Either you ignore it or use your own custom fstab entry out of the omv tags or better use autofs so the remote fs gets mounted on demand.