Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 564.

• Mergerfs question

gderf - - Plugins

Do you have identical existing relative paths on all the disks?

• Mergerfs question

gderf - - Plugins

When you defined to pool originally what Create Policy did you specify?

• Plex Media Server Install help

gderf - - Plugins

Just stick with it and keep moving forward. I thought we lost you for a bit.

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from porkenstein: “Tried again through the console. I know I typed it exactly like instruction and I get the message "unable to resolve host address omv-extras.org. I guess the computer gods are against me. ” Sounds like the network connection is not properly configured and/or not connected to the internet.

• fstab identifiers

gderf - - General

Quote from Wolf2000: “If the partition has a label then: dev-disk-by-label-Data1 Without label: ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4N3YP9KRP-part1 ” Not sure what your point is. What I am after is having a unique device identifier that I can directly relate to the hardware. "by-label" doesn't do that. "by-id" does.

gderf - - Plugins

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Everyone here is willing to help should you change your mind.

• fstab identifiers

gderf - - General

I looked closely at all 16 lines of your fstab but I did not see any that say: /dev/disk/by-id/ I'll submit a feature request.

• fstab identifiers

gderf - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from gderf: “I wonder if the hand edits I did to fstab within the [openmediavault] section will stick or will OMV wipe them out? ” Plugins wouldn't work either because they get the filesystem mount point from config.xml not fstab. ” I'm not interested in changing the mount points, just the device identifiers. I have this: UUID=41991950-4d12-4475-86b8-ba54ec09323b /media/41991950-4d12-4475-86b8-ba54ec09323b ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec.......... But I want …

• fstab identifiers

gderf - - General

I wonder if the hand edits I did to fstab within the [openmediavault] section will stick or will OMV wipe them out? I am going to add a new disk to the machine and see what happens when I configure the new disk within OMV. I expect OMV to add it in "by-label" and hope to get lucky and not have all my /dev/disk/by-id/...... edits reset. Edit: All my hand edits reverted. Oh well.

gderf - - Plugins

Since you haven't mentioned what hardware you are running OMV 3 on, I'll ask.

gderf - - Plugins

The other thing I noticed is you say you uploaded openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb but that is not the correct plugin for OMV3. You need openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

gderf - - Plugins

As I said, you should just install the plugin by hand from the shell. Can you type these commands into the console? Source Code (3 lines)forum.openmediavault.org/index…1e766c031978f0f1d35f78aa6 Then look in the GUI on the left frame for the OMV-Extras item under System.

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from porkenstein: “Don't know where else to do. I have tried several times to upload the omvextras and it looks like it does but it's never visible after upload. Oh well I can still use the server for computer backup but really wanted plex to work. ” Don't give up so easily.

gderf - - Plugins

At this point it may be just easier to get the omvextras package onto the machine and then from the shell install it with dpkg -i

• fstab identifiers

gderf - - General

On OMV 2.x in fstab the identifier is "by-uuid". Om OMV 3.x the identifier is "by-label." Is there an environment variable or other method available within OMV that would allow having the identifier set to "by-id."?

gderf - - Plugins

See: OMV-Extras.org Plugin

• Have you looked at the actual size of the folder holding the Scheduled (every three days) database backups? Mine total only 1GB and these are not backups of the actual full Plex Media Server Database, which in my case is well over 200GB. Another thing to keep in mind: If you make any changes in the OMV Plex Media Server plugin and save and apply those changes, OMV will apply a chown to every file and folder in the full database. This does not happen instantly and can take quite a while to comple…

• Internal access to files on HDD

gderf - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from gderf: “Thanks, I'll make that change. ” It still won't uuid as the mount point under /media though. ” I can live with that.

gderf - - General

Thanks, I'll make that change.

gderf - - General

My upgraded from 2.x to 3.x OMV has its disks mounted under /media like they were on 2.x. What happens if I add a new disk now? Does it wind up under /media or /srv ? What is the purpose of the OMV environment variable: OMV_MOUNT_DIR ? It is currently set to OMV_MOUNT_DIR="/srv" If I change it to OMV_MOUNT_DIR="/media" will that force news disks to mount under /media ? Are there any negative effects of making that change?