Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OMV Freezes at random

subzero79 - - General

Post the whole smart attribute list.

• How To Wake OMV Automatically

subzero79 - - General

Do you have a low powered device in the network running Linux ? Like a rpi. If so you can use wake on LAN. Another option would be to set up the rtc wake up timer before suspending.

• FTP setup help

subzero79 - - FTP

Enable the passive range in Omv ftp settings and fwd the same range in the router. Also uncheck the deny login for users without shell. Also test that it works in lan first

• OMV GUI Error with proxy

subzero79 - - General

@mkgriesinger can you open another shell and run this env I just want to confirm the proxy variable is set in the global environment.

subzero79 - - General

Not sure. It's just to confirm. @votdev I just did cat /proc/pidofomv-engined/environ and is empty. Is that by design?

subzero79 - - General

Quote from mkgriesinger: “Forum admins, can we move this to CONFIGURATION -> GENERAL ? ” Done.... I am guessing here that the omv-engined doesn't have the proxy variable. I just checked in my server and the pid of omv-engined doesn't have any env variable at all. Can you try this monit stop omv-engined http_proxy="http://IP:PORT"; omv-engined -d -f <--- Replace ip and port here then try in the UI again the apt-clean

• Not sure....i thought it was smartd.service both units use the same binary. Maybe just reboot to be sure.

• Ok. You need to edit first then restart the daemon. Avoid any changes in the ui for smart otherwise it will erase your setting and restart daemon.

• What this error means

subzero79 - - General

Is a cache error...I think. Is trying to submit a change with some settings that no longer have the same name. Try in private mode browser mode if the error is gone, clear the cache in the browser.

• Did you made changes in smart section in the ui after you edited the file ?

• Quote from antipiot: “Is opening a pull request under 3.x the right thing to do? ” Yes sure, why not? if the change is proven, also you can post links for smartd documentation, just make sure you have tested to make sure it works. You can check at github there have been PR's in the past not from many people, but they are. Also is bugtracker to reports bugs, unfortunately github is closed for omv bug reports

• OpenVPN Client when OMV Starts

subzero79 - - Network

Systemd should take care of that Place the conf file at /etc/openvpn folder systemctl enable openvpn@nameoftheconffile.service systemctl start openvpn@nameoftheconffile.service At least that's how I do it for server, should be the same for client.

• I would send this to bugtracker or do a PR in github. Seems to be useful.

• OMV Freezes at random

subzero79 - - General

Ssd should have wearing level. Smart attributes should indicate that, in general the behavior of wasted media in the os has symptoms of command execution fail, that means errors all over the place in the ui, but I haven't heard of freeze or complete crash. Can you still buy new ram for that socket? If not that means all the ram you're sourcing is second hand.

• I can reproduce this. The limit needs to be set also parsing the variables from the container when modify button is used. I've already committed in github, waiting from PR review/approval.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

subzero79 - - Plugins

Quote from 1activegeek: “I think it's related to the macvlan usage - I can't seem to get the hostname variable to take when using macvlan - I setup a container using a macvlan and for some reason the hostname is resorting to the contianerID When I try to "modify" the container, it will then show me the replaced hostname field with the ContainerID - edit, and same thing still uses the new containerID instead of assigned hostname All other containers NOT using macvlan are working as expected with …

• OMV Freezes at random

subzero79 - - General

Those avahi daemon messages shouldn't crash the machine. apparently they come from windows machines in the lan. People have usually put a filter in syslog to avoid the spamming.

• You can pull before but the image will get untagged, then the container will show an id for the parent image. Could be useful that modify container to change the image name so update image will have one or two steps less.

• The other day I noticed the URL was strange. I tried to pull the latest then recreate and was good this time. I'll check the modify.

• Quote from anderbytes: “Upgrade it's version to stable 1.21.1, for some reasons: security, optimizations and HTTP/2 feature ” That won't happen, it would be a package to maintain. There is an underlying OS taking care of that. However there is nothing stopping you from building your own nginx package or binary. The other suggestions you can drop them at bugtracker, if the configurations are proven to work then why not?, or even better contribute, test and offload the main developer doing a PR at…